Speak Out: Why I Call Him "Bush-bomb-a"

Posted by Lumpy on Thu, Feb 18, 2010, at 5:49 PM:

In this video the brilliant Judge Andrew Napolitano lays it out.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/50902.html

Replies (4)

• Rick,

The three fastest growing career opportunities in the US are getting hooked on dope, getting high on government, or signing up to kill and be killed.

The drones certainly remove most of the nastiness out of the killing aspect from the job description.

James,

I had dinner with the Judge last year about this time. He can tell some nasty jokes! He had the whole table crying like a bunch of blubbering schmucks. I almost ****** my pants, I laughed so hard. That was a good evening.

The video was posted on LRC on Thursday. You should be able to find it in the archives if you want to watch it.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sat, Feb 20, 2010, at 9:22 AM
  • Big government always means more laws which always add to the burden of producers, who hold up the world. But what if Atlas Shrugged?

What would happen to the welfare state if its victims (the producers) said, "Enough, We're on Strike." The only response left to the looters is stark, naked force. How would they make the thinking man think and work otherwise.

Lumpy, the point is the root of all government is FORCE. And the nature of force is to seek multiplying itself which inevitably leads to a state of ever dimishing returns.

The welfare state has the seeds of its own self-destruction built in.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Feb 20, 2010, at 9:41 AM
  • http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100228/D9E4T02G0.html

Obama signs one-year extension of Patriot Act

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama has signed a one-year extension of several provisions in the nation's main counterterrorism law, the Patriot Act.

Provisions in the measure would have expired on Sunday without Obama's signature Saturday.

The act, which was adopted in the weeks after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks, expands the government's ability to monitor Americans in the name of national security.

Three sections of the Patriot Act that stay in force will:

_Authorize court-approved roving wiretaps that permit surveillance on multiple phones.

_Allow court-approved seizure of records and property in anti-terrorism operations.

_Permit surveillance against a so-called lone wolf, a non-U.S. citizen engaged in terrorism who may not be part of a recognized terrorist group.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Mon, Mar 1, 2010, at 5:59 AM
  • http://pajamasmedia.com/victordavishanson/obama-fatigue/

Obama Fatigue

5) The "Bush Did It" whine is over: Why? Two reasons: 1) Obama has copied Bush on almost all the anti-terrorism protocols that worked, such as tribunals, renditions, Patriot Act, Iraq, Afghanistan, Predators, wiretaps and intercepts. And to the extent he has not -- a trial for KSM in New York, a witch hunt against the former CIA interrogators, Miranda rights for the would-be Christmas Day bomber, proposed closing of Guantanamo -- the people wonder: what in the hell is this guy doing? 2) Obama turned Bush's misdemeanors, like deficits, borrowing, and new government programs, into felonies. So in comparison, Bush doesn't look quite so bad now: next time Obama plays the "Bush Did it" card, the public will think either "Thank God" or "Yeah, but not as badly as you did".

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Mon, Mar 1, 2010, at 7:43 AM

Respond to this thread