Speak Out: 1/26/2018

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 5:53 AM:

Leaf pickup

How do we get the leaf pickup to come? Several of us have called. They picked up very rarely, long before the leaves had fallen from the trees. There are at least eight houses along Wiessinger Street and Melrose, and this area eagerly awaiting. A friend lives on Perryville where they pick up every other week.

Global warming

How many disasters do we have to have before the global warming deniers have to see it destroying the world and costing lives, and any hope for a future. Not counting what it is costing. Maybe they own stock in the cleaning business. Insurance will have to go up just to cover what they are paying out.

Town Plaza

Does anyone know who to contact about getting the pot holes in Town Plaza fixed? They are ridiculous, and I now need a front end alignment!

Rich Lowry

Rich Lowry says Trump isn't a despot. He's not. He is an under-educated but talented grifter. He has wasted millions of taxpayer dollars on golf trips and re-election campaign events when he has only been in office a year. He can't negotiate his way out of a paper bag unless he is ripping someone off. If he wants to do winter weekends in Florida it should be coming out of his own pocket.

Weekend edition

Talk about rigid. My spouse has become so set in her ways that she will not allow the once Sunday but now Saturday delivered weekend edition of the Southeast Missourian to be removed from the plastic wrapper until no sooner than 6 a.m. Sunday, shortly after I've gone to bed.

Replies (11)

• Leaf pickup...have you tried using a rake ?

Global warming....would the same panic be happening if it were Global Cooling . Mother Earth's North and South poles do not spin in a perfect line straight up and down , they spin on a tilt . This tilt became more pronounced on the Winter Solace effective Dec. 21 , 2012 which changed everything on Mother Earth from the weather to all life . The hottest 3 temperatures on record were recorded over the past three years and People have gone crazy too . For instance , the concert shooting in Las Vegas and the election of Donald Trump..

Rich Lowry....what's a "grifter" . Obama was a Campaign-in-Chief who wasted millions of taxpayer dollars campaigning while he was President . What's the difference ?

Weekend edition...try www.southestmissourian.com instead of the paper addition

Republican U.S. Senate candidate for Missouri Courtland Sykes blasted “women’s rights” this week .

“I want to come home to a home cooked dinner every night at six,” Sykes said, referring to demands he makes of his girlfriend. “One that she fixes and one that I expect one day to have daughters learn to fix after they become traditional homemakers and family wives.” Sykes ended his rant by insisting that he supports women’s rights “but not the kind that has suppressed natural womanhood for five long decades.”

“But good news,” he concluded. “They’re finished. Ask Hillary.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/gop-senate-candidate-flips-womens-rights-want-c...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 6:19 AM
  • Grifter:

...someone who tricks people into giving them their money or possessions...

Sadly our President expanded that definition to include votes, as in - all those mines will reopen or all those jobs will come back from China.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 7:14 AM
  • thnx

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 7:16 AM
  • Grifter: See Obama

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 7:37 AM
  • uuhhh , Trump , about those jobs...

Walmart is abruptly closing 63 Sam's Club stores and laying off thousands of workers

Hayley Peterson -- Jan. 11, 2018, 12:44 PM

Walmart is closing 63 Sam's Club stores across the US, the company told Business Insider on Thursday afternoon, after reports of abrupt store closings began to emerge.

The closings will impact about 9,400 employees, a Walmart official said.

In some cases, employees were not told their store had closed before showing up to work on Thursday. Those employees learned their store would be closing when they found the store's doors locked and a notice announcing the closing, Sam's Club workers told Business Insider. At some stores, employees were turned away by police officers.

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-suddenly-closes-sams-club-stores-2018-1

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 7:55 AM
  • Lettau's Rule: When you can't Praise Obama, Bash Trump!

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 8:00 AM

Use the word "grifter" in a sentence.

Obama was a grifter who conned his way into becoming President.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 8:14 AM

I didn't notice the caller mention Obama's constant golfing trips.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 6:58 PM

Also Michelle becoming a World Tourist on the taxpayer's money.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Jan 26, 2018, at 7:00 PM
  • Hillary Clinton Chose to Shield a Top Adviser Accused of Harassment in 2008

WASHINGTON — A senior adviser to Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign who was accused of repeatedly sexually harassing a young subordinate was kept on the campaign at Mrs. Clinton’s request, according to four people familiar with what took place.

Mrs. Clinton’s campaign manager at the time recommended that she fire the adviser, Burns Strider. But Mrs. Clinton did not. Instead, Mr. Strider was docked several weeks of pay and ordered to undergo counseling, and the young woman was moved to a new job.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hillary-clinton-chose-to-shield-a-top-ad...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 27, 2018, at 6:30 AM

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Jan 27, 2018, at 6:30 AM

Morning Rick! Thought I was the only one up this early.

As far as Hillary I am not shocked by anything she does. You know the law and ethics,etc... Just doesn't apply to her apparently. She is the one who could kill someone in the middle of Main St. and not worry about any repercussions.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Jan 27, 2018, at 7:01 AM

Respond to this thread