Speak Out: 6 Takeaways about Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen's Legal Woes

Posted by Dennis Smith on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 9:08 AM:

An interesting read to yesterday's developments.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/22/6-takeaways-about-paul-manafort-and-michael-...

Schaefer's World

Replies (21)

Interesting read Semo471. The Never Trumpers are howling for blood. If they had convicted Manafort of running a red light they would be shouting from the rooftops.... a sure sign of Russian Collusion.

I suppose Uly is still writing his Case For Trump Conviction.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 10:00 AM

Wheels: Mr. Common's reply will be straight from the DNC website.

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 10:47 AM
  • Our President is correct. Those poor lawyers were treated unfairly.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 3:58 PM

Our President is correct. Those poor lawyers were treated unfairly.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 3:58 PM

Uly, can you name a single Democrat with a tax evasion and other misgivings that Manafort has been convicted of that had a sentence even close to what Manafort could be facing handed down to them. And don't try to BS us that a Democrat has never been convicted of tax evasion.

Mueller was trying to get Manafort to sing and if he had no song to sing, then compose one. And it didn't work.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 4:22 PM

Wheels: Here are some Democrats guilty of tax evasion but only received a slap on the hand. Don't forget the Rev. Al Sharpton who only received a fine. It's ok if you are a Democrat but if you are a Republican - lock them up....two tier justice system. Don't forget Hillary's emailgate that only got her a slap on the wrist where others have gone to jail for a lesser classified info leak.

https://criticalthoughtsblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/democrats-and-tax-evasion-like...

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 5:07 PM
  • Enough whining.

I already admitted how unfairly they were treated.

How important is being convicted of 8 counts of bank and tax fraud among friends?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 5:37 PM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 5:37 PM

DUMMYCRAT: Just reporting the facts....you are the one whining. LOL at you as always.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 5:43 PM
  • What facts are you reporting?

President Trump should pardon both of them, fire Mueller, and ignore Russian attempts to influence the election.

Why is our President acting like such a whimp. Since it's just a "witch hunt" there's no reason for Mueller to keep going. Just tell him, "you're fired" and get it over with, once and for all.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 6:14 PM
  • Ulrich, Even your sarcasm has no credibility. Any logical person can see there was no quest for justice in the latest special council abuse of power.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 6:28 PM

Semo471

Yes I remember Mr Daschle well. Obama was going to name him to some position I cannot remember, but he had to bow out over a little tax evasion issue. And he was the illustrious leader of the House back in the day the Democrats had it all their way. Wonder if he ever paid the government that $100,000 plus with penalties and interest as you or I would have to. The Democrats need a little of their own medicine.

Yes and the Reverend AL, another hypocrite of the highest order.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 7:52 PM

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 6:28 PM

Richard,, Poor Old Uly is depressed, Trump's popularity goes up, the Democrats cannot find anything that sticks and the country is doing well since we got rid of the Apologizer in Chief.

So far as Trump is concerned and Uly's suggestions, he would love for Trump to do those things. What Trump does need to do is fire Jeff Sessions and put someone in there that will do the job without the Recusal BS. This whole farce has gone on long enough. Let the attorney General drain that end of the Swamp and make sure he understands that is what is expected of him if he wants the office. Act like an Attorney General and do your damed job.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 7:59 PM
  • MAGA….My Attorney Got Arrested

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 8:19 PM
  • I always wondered why Sessions was chosen, He should have been left where he was to vote as the people he represented expected.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 8:41 PM
  • It's a win-win situation for Trump .

Like Manafort , he's convicted of Bank fraud , so Trump gets to say , "I told you I had nothing to do with this." ..if Manafort wasn't convicted Trump would say , "I told you it had nothing to do with me ."

As will it go with Lohen too . ..and the same with Mueller Investigation , it could shut down tomorrow and Trump would say , "I said it had nothing to do with me " ...as long as Mueller Investigation goes on Trump says , "They can't find anything , it's a witch hunt !" .

Nobody is 100% pure , if he was he would just ignore the whole thing but he carries on and on and on about it ...just shut up and let it go !

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 8:50 PM
  • Oh, and I forgot to ask Lettau if any of the facts of recent make him proud to support the deep state behind all this justice.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 8:52 PM
  • The bottom line , Trump was effectively used to block Hillary . Now , he's effectively using it to divide the Peoples , him and his unique brand of bull **** need to go .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 9:04 PM
  • Rick, I see your well made point of 8:50 but don't agree with your last.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 9:15 PM

What facts are you reporting?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 6:14 PM

DUMMYCRAT: Did you not read in full the link in my 5:07 pm post. LOL at you as always.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Wed, Aug 22, 2018, at 9:16 PM
  • Mr. Bess,

Same question, what "facts" are you referring to?

Mr. Manafort committed bank and tax fraud and was convicted by our judicial system that has been in existence for a couple of centuries. Of course I support our courts and legal system, don't you?

Does it not ever occur to you, how ludicrous it is, that the President of the United States spends so much time crying about an imaginary "deep state," and even more time describing any and all valid criticism as being "fake news." Does he really believe that Americans will be taken in by this indefinitely?

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Thu, Aug 23, 2018, at 1:01 AM

Does it not ever occur to you, how ludicrous it is, that the President of the United States spends so much time crying about an imaginary "deep state," and even more time describing any and all valid criticism as being "fake news." Does he really believe that Americans will be taken in by this indefinitely?-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Thu, Aug 23, 2018, at 1:01 AM

DUMMYCRAT: The Deep State is not imaginary as proven to you DUMMYCRATS over and over again. The fake news comments have also been proven true due to all the retractions by the New York SomeTimes, CNN, and MSNBC biased news media that are hell bent to be the first to report any news that is anti-Trump....you know that is true you just won't admit.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Thu, Aug 23, 2018, at 7:55 AM
  • The sad thing is watching a once admiral man, Mayor Giuliani, twist and turn with the truth trying to defend his Trump all the while blaming the media.

-- Posted by Geoff Brunson on Thu, Aug 23, 2018, at 3:41 AM

I agree . Plus the most irony of it all is watching Giuliani use the media to say just how wrong using the media is . It seems Trump does the same thing with his Twitter Account and tweets . Twitter is media , a certain type , Social , but it's still media . At the same time People are warned Russia used the Social media to meddle in the 2016 elections .

"Oh , what a scwewy web we weave"

~Elmer Fudd

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Aug 23, 2018, at 8:39 AM

Respond to this thread