Speak Out: Things unimportant are easily forgotten

Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Sep 12, 2018, at 12:54 AM:

Have you ever had a memory of something trivial like uncle Joe's Chevy truck and later see an old picture and learn it was a Dodge? I think that happens, but with more important stuff we generally remember it right. 17 years and a few hours ago I made a point to get home early to follow the news. We had Dish Network and CBS. ABC and NBC were our options. When Dan Rather made his insinuating remarks about where this president is hiding, I threw the remote at the TV and it switched to Fox News. Dish TV had turned on all the premium news channels for the next few days.

I was going to share that Dan Rather finest moment but it has been edited out of the all Day CBS news UTube that comes up Via Google.

Replies (6)

Wow, sounds like you had one of those Bubba shot the Juke Box moments Richard. 😉😊😎

I couldn't stand that make up the news idiot either. I think the name put on him by some fit.... Dan Druther!

Some of what followed "Druther's" lead are even worse. Take old what's his name, "The thrill up his leg" idiot for instance.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Sep 12, 2018, at 7:41 AM
  • Everyone has a photo-graphic memory -- some are out of film...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Sep 12, 2018, at 8:10 AM
  • Strange how so many democrats are willing to supply the film already developed when the memory accuses Cavanaugh.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Sep 16, 2018, at 6:18 PM
  • This women accusing the judge must not have considered it important at the time since her memory is so vague. Maybe it was just a wet dream on her part that caused her to seek mental help.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Sep 20, 2018, at 8:53 PM

I had a another kid pull his knife out of his boot and stick it in my face when I was 15 and a freshman in high school. I can tell you his name, why it happened and within 50 feet of where it happened on the very large playground. And he never even touched me.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Sep 21, 2018, at 7:50 AM

Wheels: Just file that info until that person is running for pollical office or some big shot at a tv network or a Hollywood producer....money talks or money makes a person silent.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Fri, Sep 21, 2018, at 12:43 PM

Respond to this thread