Speak Out: Speakout Forum

Posted by Yeah!Yeah!Yeah! on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 9:06 AM:

Wow! It seems anymore the only discussions on here are politics and people arguing. And its the same people over and over with the same arguments. I don't think anyone is swaying anyones opinion at this point. And now we know everyones argument even before they comment. It has become old and like a soap opera. Now I only look at this section once a week to catch up on the activity. Just like the Young and the Restless or should I say the Guiding Light.

I enjoy Fridays because at least there are the jokes.

Replies (24)

• Funny isn't it? You posted this three hours ago and now here you are....arguing with other posters.

-- Posted by Turnip on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 11:45 AM
  • Today turnip not a damned thing is funny. I wasted an hour on the phone trying to get through to a live human being to help me. Had to run the automated push button obstacle course that took me everyplce but where I wanted to go. Finally just gave up. Voyager is not a happpy camper today. No mam, not at all!

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 1:12 PM
  • Oh I totally agree with you Voyager. And what makes me want to pull my hair out is after you wait 3 hours on the pone pushing stupid number is an endless circle of the automated phone system, when you finally get a human and they don't speak English!

BTW- yeah yeah yeah- nothing wrong with Young & Restless!

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 1:25 PM
  • At least this is a post about something other than politics.

-- Posted by Yeah!Yeah!Yeah! on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 2:18 PM
  • Thought I'd post something on-topic, but ... Can't figure out what the topic really is? ~smiling~

Give us a clue,Yeah, as to what subject you want us to concentrate on here.

Aren't Funny Friday and Wacky Wednesday great, though?

Anyway ... thanks for the new thread!

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 2:49 PM
  • Anything but politics.

-- Posted by Yeah!Yeah!Yeah! on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 3:03 PM
  • How about this- Uma Thurman's film 'Motherhood' only brought in $132 for the entire opening weekend in Britain, and only one person went to see it on March 7. OUCH!

-- Posted by almighty on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 3:07 PM
  • I'm just posting to see if my avatar shows up!

-- Posted by MusicMaker on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 3:33 PM
  • I like it, Music!

Okay ... ummm ... Has anyone bought a new computer lately? The keyboard with this one is smaller, which is hard to get used to ... the keys don't seem to be positioned quite the same somehow. I do a LOT of backspacing and deleting now.

That, on top of learning enough about Windows 7 to do the things I need/want to do. 7 is great, though ... Another problem is that some printer drivers are not compatible with 7 ... same with scanners. And the e-mail program will not accept the e-mail from the old computer.

Oh! And if there's a way to print a 'selection' from a website, I haven't discovered it yet ... the 'print' command prints out an entire article, advertisements and all. It's inconvenient to copy/paste a section into notepad in order to print just the selection.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 3:48 PM
  • Yes I got a new hp laptop that I love with windows 7. Print thing is a problem, I hit print and got 7 wasted pages. The biggest problem I have is I am use to my Toshiba with a white keyboard and the Hp has an all black keyboard so I have difficulty reading it at times. I do love how much faster the start up is for windows 7 compared to Vista. And on Vista I would have major problems with the privacy setting and constantly asking me to save cookies, that issue seems to be gone in windows 7.

Oh and I got a new printer. I got the new Lexmark printer that has $5 black ink cartridges! I love it! It is wireless so my husband & I can be in any room of the house on either laptop or desktop and print to the same printer with no wires. Oh the little things in life that brings such joy!

I did't even know Uma Thurman had a new movie out. Guess I am behind on movies. Speaking of- does anyone know when the next Narnia movie is suppose to be out?

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 4:00 PM
  • Same here, adidas. The keyboard is black, which I thought pretty neat ... but with only a low-wattage lamp in here, it's certainly hard to see the keyboard characters, even though they're white. Do I ever know about the 'wasted pages' with printing.

Gosh, yes ... almost instant start-up!

I didn't know any printers were wireless. That would be really handy! I have a Lexmark for the laptop (which is ancient), and certainly appreciate the lower cost ink cartridges ... Love the HP printer, but $30+ for ink; still the cartidges do last a long time.

Well, some day when I'm not wasting time on the Missourian, I'm going to start reading and trying to learn more about Windows 7, how to use some of the great things, and hopefully how to change some of the more annoying things (like e-mail windows instead of just a list of the mail, and that printing glitch).

What CD, Rick? Music or computer? You're so funny!

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 8:00 PM
  • oh now that's too funny! which Curley does it have?

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 9:40 PM
  • Rick, I was considering 10 hours of Red Skelton.

How many of Red's characters can you name besides Clem Cadootlehopper?

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 9:46 PM
  • Did you hear they are going to make a 3 Stooges movie? Sean Penn and Jim Carrey were suppose to be in it but withdrew from the movie. It sounds like the Farrelly brothers are having difficulty getting stars inline for the parts, it is suppose to start filming this year.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 10:28 PM
  • That really takes me back, Rick ... Old J. ... The Three Stooges and Red Skelton! Comedy hasn't been the same since The Good Old Days ... or maybe I just fail to see the humor in much of the last decade's comedy?

I miss Johnny Carson, too! And who was that female comedian ... shoot, my mind just went blank ... Okay, wow! Pops remembered it right off ... Carol Burnett's show!

Has anyone read any of Robert Parker's Spencer novels? Love a good detective story laced with humor!

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 11:51 PM
  • adidas;

According to IMDB.com Benicico del Toro and Sean Penn are still in as Moe and Larry but Carrey is out for Curley. I don't think Carrey would have been that great as Curley, too tall and lanky even if he gained weight. I think Michael Chiklis would be great in that role!

-- Posted by Data48 on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 5:55 AM
  • Did you hear they are going to make a 3 Stooges movie? Sean Penn and Jim Carrey were suppose to be in it but withdrew from the movie. It sounds like the Farrelly brothers are having difficulty getting stars inline for the parts, it is suppose to start filming this year.

-- Posted by adidas on Mon, Mar 29, 2010, at 10:28 PM

How about Obama, Biden and Franks. Yeah, yeah, yeah - I know, sorry.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 6:08 AM
  • I am biting my tounge....oh can't resist. I will only say this... who on earth would want to see Barney on the big screen in HD? oooooooohhhhh nasty

Ed O'Neal would be perfect for the role if it wasn't for the fact he may be too tall? But I could really see him do well in that role!

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 9:22 AM
  • I can't see the Hollywood of today improving upon, or even equaling the humour of the Three Stooges. They'll only muck it up, in my humble opinion. The Three Stooges were right for their time, let them rest.

It may be possible to create a new 'three stooges', but it should be done with originality. Borrowing both the name and the manner of the old Three Stooges is yet another example of how devoid of ideas Hollywood has become.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 9:43 AM
  • Hollywood or where ever has remade a few old tales for the better.

The D-Day and Pearl Harbor accounts were remade, some better, some worse. Remaking comedy may be hard because good comedy is always based on a bit of current truth.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 10:18 PM
  • The true classics shouldn't be remade though.

In comedy I think it is easier, for example Cheaper by the Dozen or Yours, Mine Ours. These two remakes were successful I think because of how much time had passed between the original and the remake. Another great remake was Ocean Eleven, although I like the ending best in the original because it was sooo ironic.

But can you imagine remaking Gone With the Wind or Casablanca? Not a chance.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 10:26 PM
  • It may be possible to create a new 'three stooges', but it should be done with originality. Borrowing both the name and the manner of the old Three Stooges is yet another example of how devoid of ideas Hollywood has become.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Mar 30, 2010, at 9:43 AM

Hollywood is out of ideas because this is exactly what they're going to do with the Stooges. This movie isn't going to be a biography or drama about their life story it's going to be a faithful recreation of four of their most popular short fims.

-- Posted by Data48 on Wed, Mar 31, 2010, at 5:52 AM
  • I've been gone for a few days but enjoyed reading your commments. They make me smile and have pleasant thoughts. I appreciate it for a change. Again thank you!

-- Posted by Yeah!Yeah!Yeah! on Wed, Mar 31, 2010, at 2:26 PM
  • Great, isn't it? Thanks again, Yeah!

-- Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Mar 31, 2010, at 2:48 PM

Respond to this thread