Speak Out: Speak Out 6-11-19

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jun 11, 2019, at 6:21 AM:

No raise

If Congress votes to give themselves a pay raise, we should vote each and every one of them out of office. Why do you deserve a raise for doing nothing? Why do you deserve a raise for wasting millions of tax payers money? Why do you deserve a raise for not protecting our borders? The answer is "You do not deserve a raise!"

New statue

How wonderful to have a celebration in Ivers Square to honor the United States Colored Troops with a memorial statue. However, it would have been much nicer if there had been a better public address system so one could hear the speakers and if the group of men on the sidewalk, who were visiting and talking loudly about mundane things, could have been more respectful.

Congress' comp

House Democrats are asking for a 2.5% pay increase of $4,500 to their $174,000 salary. Just what have they done to merit such a raise? Nothing, they should have to take a 10% pay cut for their lack of not getting anything done. All they have done in the last two years is waste $35 million on the Mueller Report. I guess waste equals reward to them.

Jackson's growth

Anyone familiar with Jackson's growth knows much of it is taking place along East Main Street, and will likely continue well into the future. I assume the traffic light at Oak Hill was installed with a eye toward that. And personally, I enjoy breezing through the intersection on my way to the golf course. Green lights, baby!

Replies (6)

• No raise....Congress works for the People , the People don't work for Congress , they owe us some of our money back ...space may be the final frontier but it's made for a politician's vault in their basements .

Jackson's growth..is due to sensible spending and budget which is followed as set . Priorities being , Infrastructure , schools , as set and followed -- don't spend more money that's in the pot .

Cards 4 , Marlins 1

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jun 11, 2019, at 6:35 AM
  • The pay raise that some are proposing , including AOC, shows how stupid these people think their constituents are. I hope people will look hard on how their representatives vote and if they for for it...vote them out. Our Congress was never meant to be an "occupation" that has the power to vote themselves raises. A better way is to put this to a vote. Let their employers, the tax payer, decide when, if and how much.

-- Posted by Greg Illers on Tue, Jun 11, 2019, at 7:42 AM

No raise & Congress' comp: Congress should only get the same yearly raise as those on S.S.

New statue: Good moment, speakers should be heard and attendees should be quiet.

Jackson's growth: Jackson doesn't have to spend taxpayers money to be a great city. Wise decisions pays off in the long run

And that's the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Tuesday June 11, 2019.

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Tue, Jun 11, 2019, at 8:40 AM
  • 9/11 first responders vs. Congress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2QMqsNvWuc

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Tue, Jun 11, 2019, at 5:51 PM

Maybe the House of Losers will Hold Jon Stewart in Contempt of Congress. Maybe they will hold all of us in Contempt. Lord knows I have a great deal of contempt for many of them.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Tue, Jun 11, 2019, at 6:25 PM
  • Cards 7 , Marlins 1

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Jun 12, 2019, at 6:19 AM

Respond to this thread