Speak Out: Speak Out 8/15/19

Posted by Dennis Smith on Thu, Aug 15, 2019, at 7:39 AM:

ICE was right

ICE is just doing their job. What everyone seems to leave out when they are commenting on this is that they are not just immigrants. They are illegal immigrants. They are breaking the law. If you or I break the law we should expect the same. They were working, but how can they pay taxes if they don't have a Social Security number? Then they are breaking other laws by not paying taxes.

Gun laws

The Democrats say they have a gun plan that will work for America and want it made into U.S. law. They want background checks, no concealed permits, and only small capacity magazines. This is the same plan that they have implemented many years ago in Democratic-controlled Chicago and it doesn't work. Chicago has between 20 and 60 shootings each weekend.

Spending

City governments only seem sporadically interested in saving money when it's convenient. Jackson wastes money on cemetery buildings and Taj Mahal bathrooms while Cape does so on swimming pools and SportsPlex subsidies. Yet both complain at MoDOT's Center Junction plan.

Welcome to Illinois

Illinois just signed into law a requirement that LGBQT history is taught in all schools and another law allowing kids to smoke marijuana before and after school if they're "registered." Illinois: here's your sign.

Replies (15)

ICE was right: Agree, also the companies hiring the Illegals are guilty and need to be fined and for repeat offenders some in management needs to be convicted of breaking the law.

Gun laws: We already have gun laws but the criminals don't obey them, only law abiding citizens do.

Spending: Need to elect city officials that believe that the money that they spend on projects comes out their own pockets - which is correct, all taxpayers pay for these projects.

Welcome to Illinois: Why would anyone want to live in Illinois? Nothing but a dumb Governor and a dumb State Legislature.

And that's the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Thursday August 15, 2019.

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Thu, Aug 15, 2019, at 7:53 AM
  • Welcome to Illinois: Someone with the time to do so should fact check. Nobody is that ____.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Aug 15, 2019, at 9:41 AM
  • so Rick, are you saying that the USA should have no laws?

The USA survived by being a country built on laws and up holding them.ICE agents are upholding the law, as it is written today. So what you are saying is that we should be a country with no enforceable laws?

-- Posted by Michael Bergstrom on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 4:26 AM

Rick: Is that what you are doing repeating those same old comments every day hoping that they will become true.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 6:40 AM

TDS is running rampant today on this thread. Think you need to switch to decaf and calm down a bit.

Rick: What do I say that is repeating what Trump has said. I think for myself and only disagree with the media or a poster when I feel that it is untrue or only half stated - that's what free Americans do.

Have fun, girlfriend has yard to mow and I need to see that she doesn't get overheated.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 8:30 AM

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 8:30 AM

I thought you had mounted lights on her mower so she could mow at night when it was cooler. Also thought your only job was to hold a light in the spots that were shadowed, so she could do a better job.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 9:27 AM

Seriously speaking, I believe we need control of our borders and sensible immigration no matter which party is in power. We cannot have people running willy nilly across the border with their hands out to collect benefits paid for by hardworking Americans. To think otherwise is opposed to how we treat other nations people seeking our way of life.

My cousin from Holland tried for years to get a permanent visa to live here. When her name came up, she went through intense questioning to make sure she qualified. After that, among other things she was instructed to get a Social Security number, get a job and support yourself. I personally took her to the SS office to apply within 10 days of her arrival. I helped her find a car which she could afford to pay cash for and get a driver's license. She has an education, a job and supports herself. That is pretty much what our current laws require.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 9:44 AM

- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 9:27 AM

Wheels: That's all true but for some unknown reason she wanted to mow this morning. It might be that she is behind on chopping wood....I bought her a new chopping axe last June for her Anniversary present - she seemed to have liked it. Whatever it takes to keep girlfriend happy is my mission.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 9:58 AM

- Posted by David Schaefer on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 9:58 AM

😊😎

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 10:23 AM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 11:38 AM

Rick, I thought I taught you how to get rid of a used lawn mower years ago..... Put a for sale sign on it, someone will steal it.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 11:52 AM

"TDS is running rampant today on this thread."

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 10:31 AM

Rick: When did Trump say this?

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Sat, Aug 17, 2019, at 12:14 PM

Rick: That's OK we are make mistakes.

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Sun, Aug 18, 2019, at 9:34 AM

are should be all.

-- Posted by Dennis Smith on Sun, Aug 18, 2019, at 10:14 AM
  • Reckon if some kid finds his grandpa's cap gun in the attic and brings it to school, it will be front page news.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Aug 18, 2019, at 7:21 PM
  • Meanwhile back at the ranch, the Trump recession is coming so you should hold off on spending.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Sun, Aug 18, 2019, at 8:30 PM

Respond to this thread