Speak Out: Do We All Need A Reason To Be Offended?

Posted by R. W. Bess on Tue, Oct 1, 2019, at 10:45 PM:

Well it seems everyone is offended by something since we have been successfully separated into groups by those that want to divide us.

So I start this thread as a way to state what offends us.

In my case I am offended when people denounce my Lord and Savior to make a point about freedom of religion.

I am offended by the gradual twisting of what is considered normal and acceptable by our politicians and entertainment media.

I am offended by the idea that murder of a person with a heartbeat heard is not a crime.

I am offended when a murderer illegally in my country is allowed to stay in my country to murder a fellow citizen.

Anyone care to join me?

Replies (13)

OJ: I am also offended by the items that you have called out.

I am offended by the two tiers of justice in the USA.

I am offended by those who won't accept the result of a federal election.

I am offended by those who would want to take away our rights as guaranteed by the Constitution.

I am offended by the giving of taxpayers money to the Illegals who broke American laws of entry into the USA.

I am offended by certain cities and States that give sanctuary to those who break America's laws.

Anyone else who are offended?

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Tue, Oct 1, 2019, at 11:01 PM
  • I am offended by the racial, ethnic and gender disparity which is rampant in our country today.

I am offended by the imposition of the ruling class's interpretation of divine law.

I am offended by the destruction of nature and this viable threat to humanity.

I am offended by the selfish, narcissistic attitude of today's leaders that are widening the gap between the wealthy of the world and the rest of humanity.

-- Posted by Mary Morton on Wed, Oct 2, 2019, at 5:58 AM

The Google god has already decreed that I have no right to be offended, my post which was truthful but not offensive in my opinion disappointed in less than 5 minutes.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Oct 2, 2019, at 9:53 AM

I am offended by the Google god who actually thinks it's a god.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Wed, Oct 2, 2019, at 9:58 AM
  • Everyone has an equal right to be offended so I will be offended when others imply we need help deciding what offends us. We also need no help picking who we respect and associate with resulting in a lot of buddies and a few friends. :)

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Wed, Oct 2, 2019, at 5:49 PM

Richard, the following is one of the things that offends me. Had to put be quiet in because shut up offends google

Devious Political Correctness meant to divide and separate people into groups. You have a right to be offended. If you are offended then speak to him/her who offended you and be quiet, many of us simply do not care about your whining.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Wed, Oct 2, 2019, at 7:05 PM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Wed, Oct 2, 2019, at 8:32 PM

Rick, to your point, I have said this before and will say it again.

About the seventh grade when the Bookmobile (something the modern generation won't understand) came to our school and we eagerly picked out a book to read, I thumbed through a western which looked good. One of the chapter titles was....

Smile When You Call Me An SOB.

Was that early Political Correctness?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Thu, Oct 3, 2019, at 8:52 AM

I am offended by folks/news media's rush to judgment....we all are innocent untill proven guilty.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Oct 3, 2019, at 9:58 AM
  • I might be offended by the idea normal people will believe what they are told and deemed abnormal if they don't.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Thu, Oct 3, 2019, at 10:15 PM

Rick: They probably were ****** that you opened the door for them.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Oct 4, 2019, at 8:54 AM

Rick, you appear to have encountered 3 Femi-Natzi's in a row.

Continue to do the right thing and respect women, even those who apparently do not respect themselves.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Oct 4, 2019, at 9:04 AM

Rick,

PS: Doesn't hurt to show respect for and open a door for a man as well.

We would all be better off if more people showed this respect for others.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Oct 4, 2019, at 9:07 AM

Old School is the best School of all....that's what wrong with the USA today - no respect, no honor, no responsibility for actions, and PC running rampart. This has been going on for years.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Oct 4, 2019, at 9:53 AM

Respond to this thread