Speak Out: Vote

Posted by Quitlyngop on Sun, Jul 19, 2020, at 3:26 PM:

I've been practicing , Ftt November 3rd.

Replies (32)

According to the end-all, be-all, of knows-it-all - the Bing search engine - come up with a liver disease, a children's disease known as Failure-to-Thrive, and a tax acronym thing.

Perceived as a term used by folks who are completely willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces, such as forget equal opportunity, we wants equal outcomes regardless of effort - thus the proposal for universal income.

-- Posted by fxpwt on Sun, Jul 19, 2020, at 7:47 PM

....such as forget equal opportunity, we wants equal outcomes regardless of effort - thus the proposal for universal income.

-- Posted by fxpwt on Sun, Jul 19, 2020, at 7:47 PM

And right there is where the whole thing goes to hell in a handbasket. You see your neighbor coasting while you are busting your whatever to earn, so you and I might as well coast too and soon we have nobody paying in to the corrupt system and it fails.

What totally escapes me, this nonsense has never worked, but the far left keeps pushing it and people like Lefty the Lemming fall right in lockstep with their handlers.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jul 19, 2020, at 9:35 PM

"what is Ftt"?? Probably code for vote and vote often.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jul 19, 2020, at 9:38 PM

What is FTT?

I suspect it means Flush the Toilet, but hey, we did that in 2016? And it makes as little sense as this characters name. And he is practicing FTT. I thought that was something you learned about 3 years old in this day and age and I would group this poster in the 14 year old range, so pretty sure he had indoor ones by then.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jul 19, 2020, at 11:18 PM

"And right there..." -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jul 19, 2020, at 9:35 PM

Perhaps making a-do when there are currently bigger fish to be frying up, but am, and have been, concerned by the amounts of government money-for-nothing aid programs, generally going against the philosophy of 'teach a man / woman / other to fish...', and just keep on handing over the fish taken from someone else's basket to shut 'em up.

Difficult to separate between those who truly aren't capable of being productive and self-supporting, from those who just don't want-to bad enough. Shamelessly borrowing a phrase - figure most don't have an issue with helping the needy, it's funding the lazy and born-tireds that scorches shorts, burns behinds, grinds gears, etc.

Would be refreshing to see an attitude of, 'if you wanna eat, you're gonna work', with the return of a W.P.A.-type program. As an then-elder long ago pointed out, heck, even if they just lean on a shovel for eight hours, that's more value than just handing money over. Perhaps making use of current technologies, set a minimum bar of just blinding clicking their mouse for 25,000 times per day as a requirement for aid... :-)~

Suggest the rise of all-things-Internet has increased the expectations of 'free' and don't cost nothin', without the reinforcement that somewhere along the line, 'free' does cost somebody else something. Appears to be a decline in the practice and related motivation that in order to get something, one has to give something.

Thus, my general leanings towards a particular political party seeming more aligned with this personal value-added-and-expected approach, although agreed that several of the 'lives of the party' don't meet expectations... but still come off looking better than the alternatives. :-)

-- Posted by fxpwt on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 8:33 AM

Absolutely safe Rick. If he wants to speak in riddles he could have called himself the Riddler.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 8:35 AM

- Posted by fxpwt on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 8:33 AM

Ah yes the WPA. Was born at the tail end of that era. I remember what some of the folk joked about...

WPA means "We puddle around" .

Then the description of the crew....

Two a comin, two a goin, two a ******, two a mowin.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 8:46 AM

Rick and here I was thinking all Michael Jordan did was sell shoes. 😉

Good one.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 9:52 AM
  • DT,you watched more “news” than I have in the last year or more. I did accidentally catch the CBS morning show when Oprah’s girlfriend said we must learn from our history then went right to a segment on tearing down statues.

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 10:54 AM
  • Could have many meanings. Happens on the 3rd.FTT!

-- Posted by Quitlyngop on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 11:09 AM

Guess he doesn't know what it means either but he's practicing for it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 11:14 AM

Maybe it means For Trusted Trump!😂😇

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 11:18 AM
  • Really means he read it and doesn’t get it either. PHFTT!

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 11:57 AM

Could have many meanings. Happens on the 3rd.FTT!

-- Posted by Quitlyngop on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 11:09 AM

What happens on 11/3/20 is KDA.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 12:16 PM

What's I find amusing in this thread is it's author. Cannot figure out what his acronym is but studies for it and keeps repeating it.

Then his name accuses one party of lying while forgetting the fact the opposite party currently holds the trophy for the Liar's Contest which is more commonly referred to as an Election Cycle by Year Date.

It's the 2nd windy season every four years for the Presidency. Some of the older farmers I knew could tell you just how windy these politicians are but I cannot repeat it as is too graphically true for Google's review.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 1:39 PM

Quitlyngop 3rd.FTT who cares because 11/3/20 KDA.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 2:10 PM

Semo471,

Is it you who is running the entertainment off? First Lettau and now the kid with the political name.

Guess I will just have to work on trying to catch up with the paperwork on my desk for entainnment this afternoon.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 4:02 PM

Wheels: Guess the truth is just too hard to take.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 8:01 PM

Semo471,

I suppose when you cannot even tell us what your acronym mean, it is even harder to tell us how you are practicing something that you have no idea of what it is. Could I say he is just flailing about with no purpose in mind, seems to me anyway.

Strange, these Leftist Democrats!

And then the other one denies what you show him the Democratic Platform says. Again strange!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jul 21, 2020, at 12:49 AM

-- Posted by Deseased Turtle on Tue, Jul 21, 2020, at 9:20 AM

Rick is that a city definition or something like it... maybe St. Fuscious.

😉😊😇

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jul 21, 2020, at 10:05 AM

-- Posted by Deseased Turtle on Tue, Jul 21, 2020, at 9:20 AM

Turtle: Wow, don't forget my First Amendment rights - stfu....now isn't that grade school language.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Jul 21, 2020, at 10:35 AM

Poor Joe Biden, now he can't even finish a speech before his handlers have to step in and try to save him from himself. How long till the DNC steps in and remove ole Joe.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Jul 22, 2020, at 8:50 PM

Semo471, I would say it will probably be after they pick a vice President so they can more or less appoint the President should Biden happen to win. The whole world knows he is not in fit condition for the job, or qualified for the job period assuming he was not mentally impaired.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jul 22, 2020, at 10:01 PM

Turtle: Believe you are the one that said don't start none and there won't be none (or something like that). Your comment was the first so practice what you preach.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Jul 23, 2020, at 9:05 AM

*sigh* given the various candidates and related seeming daily mailings, wondering how long it will be before 'none of the above' really does become the better choice...? :-)~

-- Posted by fxpwt on Thu, Jul 23, 2020, at 9:28 AM
  • fxpwt,don’t waste that vote. If you join me as I write myself in for President again I may make the election night news. Or a visit from the Secret Service!

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Thu, Jul 23, 2020, at 10:48 AM
  • fxpwt,don’t waste that vote. If you join me as I write myself in for President again I may make the election night news. Or a visit from the Secret Service!

-- Posted by DA Braswell on Thu, Jul 23, 2020, at 4:38 PM

The world is upside down - the Portland crowd singing “hands up, please don’t shoot me” with their phone lights on, and yet per the Supreme Court it is illegal for Christians to gather and sing hymns.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Jul 26, 2020, at 9:10 AM

Where did the kid go who started this thread. Lefty is starting to bore me. I need some entertainment.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jul 27, 2020, at 11:31 AM

When did the Supreme Court rule this ?

- Posted by Deseased Turtle on Sun, Jul 26, 2020, at 6:58 PM

Last week-- folks attending churches services can't sing, however looters and rioters can cuss and yell.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jul 27, 2020, at 11:48 AM

Wheels: Guess Quitlyngop's mommie took his computer away.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jul 27, 2020, at 1:29 PM
  • Posted by Schaefer's World on Mon, Jul 27, 2020, at 11:48 AM

I am afraid that it is much worse then just singing. There are those who want to forbid Communion at Masses. Which basically out prevent Christian groups like Catholics, Orthodox and Anglicans, who practice Mass Services, from holding religious services.

-- Posted by The Ship is going down on Mon, Jul 27, 2020, at 3:08 PM

Respond to this thread