Speak Out: SpeakOut 09/08/2020

Posted by fxpwt on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 11:17 AM:

Trump works

President Trump is the hardest working President we have had in my lifetime, I'm in my 60s, his work ethic is something our Congress should be doing instead of working part time getting paid a very nice salary, President Trump does it for $1 a year. His children work as hard as he does. That is a compliment to any parent. Some would say they are privileged. Instead of being jealous of them we should teach our children that anyone in this country has the opportunity to do well if they work hard and make good choices throughout their lives. Everyone is privileged to live in this great country.

Athlete protests

These professional athletes and sports teams that are protesting for social justice by canceling games, taking a knee, etc. are useful idiots for Antifa, BLM and other radicals. These athletes, like other radicals, do not want to hear the facts when a Black man is shot by police. No one deserves to be shot or abused like George Floyd, but in nearly every instance the person harmed is a criminal, which is why the police are there in the first place, and they are resisting arrest. If we want to make changes, we must have an honest conversation, not a one-sided rush to judgment.

Replies (5)

Re: Trump works

Got a chuckle out of a tee-shirt seen online recently - I'd rather have Covid-19 than Biden-20. Still concerned that rather than Trump vs. Biden, it seems to be Trump vs. not-Trump. Leaning toward voting for someone I know, than for someone I don't.

"A study that looks at where Cape wants to be two decades from now" https://www.semissourian.com/story/2830362.html Doggone, went and worked up a big ol' word salad in Notepad, then couldn't find / figure out how to cut-n-paste to the article, so, not being one to waste a good blather...

Whew! If one thinks this article is long, have a look at the plan - 175 pages!

"...electric rates in Cape Girardeau averaged as much as 15% less per kilowatt hour than the average rates in other Missouri communities and were up to 25% lower than national averages." Heheheh, bet this still won't silence the Ameren grousers who seem to refuse consideration that their outrageous bills may not be a result of the price-per-unit, but more towards the total units consumed. Also consider that favorable energy pricing is an attraction for larger-scale businesses looking for a location, especially in the industrial and manufacturing fields, but not to exclude digital businesses, as those huge banks of servers and such don't run solely on hopes and dreams.

"Almost half (48%) of Cape Girardeau's households are renters..." Really surprised with this number, although it goes a long way towards explaining the fast, quick, and in a hurry declines of certain older neighborhoods, as it appears that many landlords, and perhaps some homeowners who either can't, won't, or don't know how, aren't reinvesting the suggested 1%-4% of the building value back into the property towards annual upkeep and maintenance.

"...attracting and retaining a diversified workforce..." Somewhat let-down here, as this statement holds promise, but the justifications following seemed geared mostly towards college-level graduates and techical fields. Suggest the craftsman fields are being slighted, as recent experience with a now-former employer had positions posted for electricians, mechanics, etc., going unfilled due to insufficient qualified candidates in the area.

"Completion of the Transportation Trust Fund 5 (TTF5) street projects and repairs..." On the lighter side, perhaps repairs should be kicked on down the road a bit. One observed benefit of the now 8-inch deep pavement 'irregularity' outside the house here, is that it seems to force drivers to divert their attention from phooling with their phone to putting their eyes back on the road, at least for a bit, after the abrupt physical and audible jarring event. :-)~

-- Posted by fxpwt on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 11:27 AM

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/118844060_1701965536608044_1902659...

-- Posted by Diseased Turtle* on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 12:03 PM

I take it to be the one of the crazy wheels on a shopping cart that starts going all over the place when you are in a hurry to get to your car in the rain.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 2:14 PM

-- Posted by fxpwt on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 11:27 AM

Respect comment (0) Don't respect (1)

-- Posted by Diseased Turtle* on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 12:03 PM

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 2:14 PM

-- Posted by Diseased Turtle* on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 3:21 PM

Seems the Don't Respects came in fast. Guess some cupcake somewhere is pleased with his/her self-awarding of participation trophies. :-)~

Figure chances are better than average that I could guess which age group - Micah Tyler "Gotta Love Millenials" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI

-- Posted by fxpwt on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 5:06 PM

At least we are getting their attention. Wear it like a Badge of Honor.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 5:36 PM

Trump works: Trump does more work for the country in one week than Hiden Biden did for his 8 years as Obama's yes man.

Athlete protests: Caller is 100% correct. Athletes should be aware that fans want to see or hear the game and not the millionaire athletes political views.

And that's the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Tuesday September 8, 2020.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Sep 8, 2020, at 8:27 PM

Respond to this thread