Speak Out: Speak Out 4/29/21

Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Apr 29, 2021, at 8:29 AM:

Thank you

Thank you Scott Meyer for your twelve years of service to Cape Girardeau. Wish you a comfortable and quiet retirement.

MLB, Georgia

I am in my 70s and have been a St. Louis Cardinals fan ever since I knew what was going on. But because of MLB's silly decision to move the All-Star Game because of the Georgia legislature's vote to tighten up the state's voting integrity, I am through with them unless I find out that the Cardinals' owners opposed that decision. Is there any way to find out, or are the Major League owners hiding behind a wall of secrecy to avoid accountability?

Trash cans

Trash day! Anyone remember how the city was so careful when they started the roll out containers? They usually got put down where they were picked up. Now it's" hand-grenade' close and you are lucky if it's not in the street, and please don't blame the wind! I wonder if the city is liable if they cause an accident. I guess they never learned to take care of their toys!

Police challenges

The reality of being a police officer in 2021: Do not react, and you may go home in a body bag. React and you may spend a good part of the rest of your life in prison.

Replies (1)

Thank you: Retirement, some like it some don't.

MLB, Georgia: The baseball commissioner is to blame and needs to be fired - keep politics out of sports!!

Trash cans: Put them back where you got them Mr. Trash Folks. It's bad enough dodging potholes so we don't need to be dodging trash cans.

Police challenges: Our first line responders need to be supported and not victimized for doing their jobs....folks need to follow policemen's instructions and accidents then won't happen - it's up to us all to be responsible citizens.

And that's the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Thursday, April 29, 2021.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Apr 29, 2021, at 8:41 AM

Respond to this thread