Speak Out: North Korea responsible for sinking of Deepwater Horizon?

Posted by mynameismud on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 1:13 PM:

There are some creative people out there. This story wouldnt be getting s so much mileage on the internet if it wasn't so plausable. I'm not saying this happened but there are a lot of whack jobs out there that believe this. http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1367.htm

Replies (28)

• That's kinda what I was thinking. I laughed after I read it and laughed, kinda like when INFOWARRIOR posts.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 1:29 PM
  • "A grim report circulating in the Kremlin today written by Russia's Northern Fleet is reporting that the United States has ordered a complete media blackout over North Korea's torpedoing of the giant Deepwater Horizon oil platform owned by the World's largest offshore drilling contractor Transocean that was built and financed by South Korea's Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd., that has caused great loss of life, untold billions in economic damage to the South Korean economy, and an environmental catastrophe to the United States."

Wow! Victor Hugo would be proud. All one sentence. Is this the state of journalism today?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 1:48 PM
  • Ain't the internet a wonderous source of so much "information"?

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 3:44 PM
  • It got my attention until the idea of a mini sub that deep and a nuclear weapon was introduced as a way to stop an oil flow.

Recently, Coast To Coast had a guest that says Osama is living peacefully in Iran, playing with his falcons and calling the shots while achme nut job is his Robert Gibbs type explainer of what is really going on in Iran regarding terrorism.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 7:00 PM
  • You guys and your sites got me turned backasswards. I'd just about believe anything. ☻

-- Posted by Turnip on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 9:41 PM
  • I see no attack against Infowarrior, just that the story brought him to mind since he enjoys such.

-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 9:52 PM
  • Your malicious intent is quite obvious.

-- Posted by Duncan Renaldo on Wed, May 5, 2010, at 10:19 PM

Wrong.

My intent in posting the article from a website that I have never heard of before which simply came up at the top of a Yahoo Search was to highlight the crap that people will believe because it is on the internet. INFOWARRIOR at no point crossed my mind until after his or her posts were brought up by a diffrent poster. If someone wants to post paranoid posts on here over and over and wonder why people think they are nuts is nothing to me. I don't care what anyone else thinks as long as they don't try to force me to believe it, as I don't try and force others to do things my way. I have never posted anything malicious on this website, but the posts on this thread by Duncan Renaldo have been derogatory toward me and some of those posters agreeing with me. Your malicious intent is the only thing all that obvious to me.

As to my internet home page, it is www.yahoo.com, until you brought it up I had never heard of stormfront, so who is the Neo Nazi? I'm highly offended that you would accuse me of being a Neo Nazi since you don't know me and have no idea what my race is or what I think of races diffrent than mine.

I never said that I believed this story, I even stated that in the begining thread. There has been plenty of fiction posted on this website not just this story. Just because you don't agree with me dosen't give you the right to degrade my character by calling me names and telling me what I think.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 1:46 AM
  • Well since you are just so superior to everyone and know what everyone thinks and how morally wrong everyone else is, I will just let you sit there in your ivory tower and judge the rest of us.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 12:30 PM
  • Why get so excited about it. Everyone knows the mermaids done it. Getting even with the drilling platform guys who ignored them. Well, that's the tale I hear.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 12:36 PM
  • Sorry to get so defensive, but I don't care for people attacking me saying things that are totaly baseless.

Thanks everyone for the opinions.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 2:33 PM
  • Now if I can just get Trig to quit making poo in the house, all would be right with the world. Fortunately, we have the wee wee thing worked out pretty dang well and under control. Well, he does anyway.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 5:12 PM
  • Kinda ironic I'm accused of being a Neo-Nazi by a person with a Confederate Flag avatar.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 11:26 PM
  • V'ger,

I heard it was the penguins from the Madagascar movies. Shhh, don't tell anyone though or they may come and steal your popcorn.

-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Thu, May 6, 2010, at 11:31 PM
  • Those penguins are sneaky.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 1:18 AM
  • I believe it was the seahorses, probably angered over plans by Clint Tracy and Joann Emerson to build a seahorse slaughtering plant in the Gulf of Mexico.

Goldman-Sachs was financing the operation.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 8:34 AM
  • Don't forget the Sea Donkeys er I mean Sea Burros they are being rounded up and not allowed to swim free and fill the oceans with their offspring. I thought this was one of Madeoffs sure bet investment deals.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 11:14 AM
  • Now just a dadburn minute there, Hunter. Everybody keep their cotton picking claws off those precious little harmless seahorses. And the same goes for Sea Donkeys or SeaBurros or whatever. And while we're at it, the same goes for those cute little penquins.

Don't care so much about sharks. Have at 'em.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 11:50 AM
  • Seahorse Soup:

Ingredients

Dried seahorse - 20 grams

Lean pork - 150 grams

Honey dates - 4 pieces

Dried tangerine peel - ¼ piece

Salt to taste

Method

Rinse and clean all ingredients, soak dried tangerine peel until tender and remove pith.

Parboil lean pork for 2 minutes, dish up, rinse and set aside.

Bring 1500 ml of water to the boil, add all ingredients in and bring to boil again. Turn to low heat and continue to simmer for another 2 hours.

Season with salt and serve hot.

Didn't find a recipe for Sea Burro yet. I'm working on it...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 12:26 PM
  • Now let's stop all of this conspiracy talk.

Keith Olberman on MSNBC the other night made it perfectly clear that George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush were at fault for this oil rig disaster. His proof?(and I quote): "They were both oilmen."

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 1:37 PM
  • I thought Little George owned a baseball team which caused the oil spill in what way?

And I assume, Hunter, you have a tasty receipe for Penquin Soup or some such?

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 4:24 PM
  • As you wish:

4 ea. penguins

50 g smoked bacon

50 g butter 300 ml milk

300 ml water to taste salt

Penguins should be skinned or carefully plucked and singed. Remove the innards and discard. You can use the breasts alone, or cook the whole birds. Wash well in cold water and rub with salt, inside and out. If you are using whole birds, truss them. Draw strips of bacon through the breasts. Brown the birds on all sides, and stuff the birds tightly into a cooking pot. Heat the milk and water and pour over the penguins. Bring to the boil and cook on low for 1-2 hours (test the birds for softness). Turn the birds occasionally. Remove from the cooking liquid and keep warm while you prepare the sauce.

The sauce:

30 g butter 4 tblsp flour

400-500 ml cooking liquid to taste

salt and pepper as needed

caramel/sauce colouring to taste

redcurrant jelly (optional) to taste

whipped cream

Melt the butter and stir the flour into it like you were making white sauce. Strain the cooking liquid and gradually add to the butter/flour mixture. Add colouring and spices to taste, and redcurrant jelly/cream, if using.

Serve with boiled and/or caramelized potatoes and lightly boiled vegetables, like carrots, peas and brussels sprouts.

This recipe works with puffins and other small seafowl as well. Keep in mind that most sailors used the term 'penguin' to refer to any of number of black, white, or black-and-white waterfowl. Since the recipe does not refer to the species of penguin, you will have to guess at the size of penguin. I would recommend reviewing the quantities if using Emperor Penguins.

Bernard Moitessier says, in his book "Sailing to the Reefs", that he always had a penguin in the pot when he was staying in South Africa, but he does not provide any recipes.

In fairness to the late, great, Mr. Moitessier, he later swore off the killing of seabirds, considering it a sin against nature to do so.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 4:55 PM
  • Hunter, are you sure you're not in the restaurant business. You seem to have the talent of a 5 star chef. Cardon Bleu school, no doubt?

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 5:34 PM
  • Voyager wrote:

"Hunter, are you sure you're not in the restaurant business. You seem to have the talent of a 5 star chef. Cardon Bleu school, no doubt?"

Nah. Just a guy that knows how to use Google...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 8:04 PM
  • My brother Clydes receipe from cousin Dale for stew started with one can of Budwieser. Triggered unbridled trotts for uncle Ed. Too many pinto beans or he should have used colt 45 as a marinade. Or started with draft?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 9:50 PM
  • Irish Stew uses Guinness (of course). Beef stew should use a good pilsner, in my opinion. Don't use light beer. I'm not a big fan of Budweiser for cooking, but Busch is okay, as is Michelob. Perry Countians swear by Stag, but I believe it's a local thing. Wisconsonites and Northern Illinoisans use Milwaukee beers (naturally).

I'm not sure about the benefits of Colt 45 as a marinade. I'm not fond of the taste. Guinness or a good German beer would be better, again in my opinion.

Draft beer's okay if it's not 3.2 beer.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 10:27 PM
  • Good night, I'll wait for Gurusmon to make sense of this thread.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 10:28 PM
  • Oh, bottled or draft is better than canned, in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the taste of Aluminium. I know 'Beer Can Chicken' fans swear by the taste of it, but I'd rather pour bottled beer into a (non Aluminium) pan and cook it than cook with a can. ;)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 10:30 PM
  • When preparing sauce, brown the flour first in stock.Never use raw flour. Be that as it may, I prefer using arrowroot as the thickening agent.

There will be purists who will claim a sauce is never made with flour in any form. To use flour makes it a gravy, not a sauce.

Sauces relie upon double cream and egg. The end product holds up longer than gravy. Or so I've been told.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, May 7, 2010, at 10:42 PM

Respond to this thread