Speak Out: Has Leo been banned again?

Posted by voyager on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 9:07 PM:

Has Leo Carrillo in his latest reincarnation been banned again?

His anti-semitic, anti-Jewish, or as he termed it anti-Isreali diatribes had become offensive as well as long winded. His New World Order harangues became tiresome also.

We can only hope that he does not favor us with yet again another self-reinvention and regurgitation of his favorite themes. We have become painfully familiar with them by now.

Replies (56)

• All that typing takes a toll. Maybe Leo is resting up for the next round, or maybe he got run over by a jew selling asphalt out of a horse trailer.

All in fun Leo!

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 10:13 PM
  • Old John, are you sure you might be mistaken about the asphalt and not something else?

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 10:48 PM
  • Maybe he was kidnapped by aliens that come disquised as jews to eat our horses and steal our famaldahyde and sell it to the greedy wall street bankers to use as leverage in creating a new world order devoted to cloning joe ann emerson into a super race of mind numb followers.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 10:58 PM
  • Maybe he's doing some investigative reporting on hamburger so as to determine if it's really horse meat.

-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 10:58 PM
  • Leo/Duncan definately had some 'interesting' ideas and opinions.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 11:03 PM
  • Diablo has taken him far, far away.

-- Posted by stardog on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 11:09 PM
  • He may have stepped on someone's toes on this

County Commissioner thing. I haven't followed the Purcell or even the Jo Ann Emerson races. I can't vote in the 8th District so I'm staying out of it.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 11:10 PM
  • Apparently he has been banned. All of the threads he created have been removed.

I hate it when that happens. Now I have to find all my horse-meat recipes again.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Jun 11, 2010, at 8:10 AM
  • We'll just have to suffer until you do, Hunter.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jun 11, 2010, at 12:15 PM
  • Leo the Lion, Rick. Remember MGM movies?

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jun 11, 2010, at 12:59 PM
  • Leo was Pancho, Duncan was Cisco Kid.

-- Posted by stardog on Fri, Jun 11, 2010, at 1:15 PM
  • Illegal Aliens, I thought so!

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jun 11, 2010, at 1:24 PM
  • Fear not, for he shall be back again...in another reincarnation.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jun 11, 2010, at 7:45 PM
  • We can only hope that he does not favor us with yet again another self-reinvention and regurgitation of his favorite themes. We have become painfully familiar with them by now. Posted by voyager on Thu, Jun 10, 2010, at 9:07 PM:

I have to step in here and defend my fellow patriot Leo Carrillo since he can't defend himself.

Couldn't regurgitation of favorite themes be said of lots of posters on here Voyager? I suppose regurgitating themes could be said of me as well, but I prefer the more civil word, reiteration. And besides that, there are new readers all the time, so what we may say is new to them.

How many days do we read the same old tired school yard taunts and insults between posters on here? What value do they have and what do they accomplish? Nothing in my opinion, because nothing is ever resolved. It reminds me of the 2 rams butting heads in the nature videos or a child watching their parents fight. ( but at least one of them finally sees the futility and moves on )

Also, in my opinion, the taunts are a bigger waste of time and space than anything Leo has ever written. I honestly believe that in this time while information and alternative thought is exploding, it is physically draining and psychologically painful for some people to read more than a couple of sentences at a time or god forbid exposed to another view of things. If one has unorthodox or politically incorrect thoughts and beliefs, or links that doesn't refer to an "official" news source, they are ridiculed and scorned.

I don't always agree 100% with Leo or his sometimes lack of diplomacy, but I agree with most of what he says. But the point is no one is forced to agree with or even read his thoughts and conclusions about anything. But no one can say that he doesn't provide to the best of his ability the links and experience from which he drew his conclusions. Pass over his posts and the threads he starts if he bothers you that much people.

As far as what Leo's military life was, or sales past was, or family life was, or how he maintains his home,or how he combs his hair, what the heck does that have to do with what he thinks and believes or about the issues he writes? I think that was a cheap and despicable shot Vulcan. And as far as what you call hoarding? When the soon to come depression finally slaps everyone across the face that he, as a true patriot, is warning you about, you might wish you had "hoarded" a few more items to barter. Your paper money and paper stock will be worthless. Maybe Leo is much wiser and forward looking than you think. I certainly believe he is.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Fri, Jun 11, 2010, at 11:20 PM
  • You certainly are entitled to your opinion, InfoWarrior. You are free to choose whatever words you please to express your meaning. I prefer to choose words that go to the point at issue. I am not inclined to suffer fools gladly nor to argue with them.

Leo was judged by the content of the words he chose to express his meaning, not by the criticism he attracted.

My problem with him was his wordiness, his repetition, and his anti-Israeli stance (which most people mistakenly or not took to be anti-semitism.). His local politics for the most part did not interest me since I don't vote in the 8th district.

I like brevity. I have no interest in unsolicited lengthy discourses.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jun 11, 2010, at 11:58 PM
  • I'm guessing I could sit next to any of the regular posters to this forum unknowingly on a Walmart or other resting bench and be pleased with the conversation exchanged.

I do poke a bit of fun at folks with the keyboard that I would never attempt face to face with someone I don't know. So far all have been very gracious in response.

I think all of us post for reasons, wether it be to get out an idea or for the satisfaction and self assurance rendered when others agree. Some post for entertainment and some may benefit from the interaction that fills the void of many things lacking in one's life.

A lot of links and things I meant to go back to later are lost when that poster is banned.

I look forward to the reinstatement. Besides, I can't wait to find out the new name.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 12:48 AM
  • Are you referring to me as being a fool Voyager or Leo or both of us? Come on man you are better than that.

Well said Old John. That's probably what I should have said, but I get so tired of people slamming Leo for his long and repetitive posts.

Don't read the **** things people, but don't deny others the right to read them just because you don't like them.

We live in an age where some people do get angry if they have to digest more than a sentence or two. They lash out at the poster rather than ignoring him. Some issues are too complicated to express in brevity.

And again I get very annoyed when I read the same old cat fights between posters. They never try to reach common ground. They are way far tiresome to me than anything Leo has ever written. But I would never want them banned for that boorish behavior either.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 7:34 AM
  • Rick I think you may be on to something there.

I had some neighbors several years ago. Bob, the husband never missed an opportunity to put down and complain about "the old lady" Ellen whether she was present or not doing this and that to make him miserable. Even when he first found out he would have to drive her to Houston for cancer treatments, Bob was sulking about having to miss work. I was dumbfounded.

But after Ellen died, I never saw a more remorseful and grieving man. I never heard him once refer to " the old lady" when he talked about his memories of Ellen. He only talked of pleasant memories. Bob, himself, passed away within a year.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 8:13 AM
  • Leo keeps getting himself banned, not so much because of what he says but because of how he says it. It is possible to disagree with Israel's policies or even with the basis for Israel's existence without resorting to derogatory terms and tiresome reiteration of the same themes.

I am as upset with the 'legitimate' news sources as anyone, but you have to pick and choose the alternative sources carefully. If your 'authority' on one issues also writes endlessly about alien abductions and the CIA efforts to hide evidence of the lost city of Atlantis, it may be time to reconsider the source.

I find it amusing that people who will accept the authoritive nature of some guy blogging from his basement while blasting those who read Fox News as mindless followers. Fox may make errors (as does CNN and the 'fake but accurate' CBS news team), but they have a broad of professionals striving for some level of accuracy. Can the same be said of the alternative sources? You should always double-check your sources, to be sure. I'm not content that Leo is doing that. He is too quick to dismiss the official investigative reports in favour of scuttlebutt. I always figure the truth lies somewhere in between the two.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 9:26 AM
  • I see one of us is still stalking posters? Now, that's strange.

-- Posted by Turnip on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 9:44 AM
  • Anyone who has followed these threads for a while knows who Leo is; doesn't require any degree of stalking.

I disagree with just about everything he posts, but he has had some interesting, civil posts on here not related to the typical conspiracy stuff. He will inevitably cycle into the outrageous and become more and more troublesome until he is banned again only to come back in full bloom at a later time.

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 11:25 AM
  • Red, I would imagine if I tried hard enough I could uncover Leo's identity. Lord knows enough of it was put online at some time or another by certain posters. It's just wrong to continue to do so. Best to my knowledge, Leo never posted the information.

-- Posted by Turnip on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 11:51 AM
  • Red,

You are right on with the Leo assessment.

Turnips,

I agree with what I perceive to be the intent of your post. Leave poster's identities alone. If they want us to know who they are they will tell us. In the meantime, it really is none of our business.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 12:39 PM
  • Info, your comments sort of reflected what I finally realized a while back ... No matter how well researched, or how logically presented ... most people have their own opinions/beliefs on various issues, and nothing anyone else presents will change their (our) minds. I guess some of us keep trying to 'enlighten' those with whom we disagree? ~smiling~ Great story about Bob and Ellen ... with a super 'message' about ...

Old J.! I've thought along those lines often!

"I'm guessing I could sit next to any of the regular posters to this forum unknowingly on a Walmart or other resting bench and be pleased with the conversation exchanged." Every now and then when I see someone on a motorcycle, have to wonder if he might be so-and-so on the Missourian. Always thought that some of us might actually like each other if we met in person ...

Your assessments of why some of us post make total sense.

As far as Leo ... or any other poster for that matter ... It's not like we're stuck together in a small room and unable to easily ignore each other ... Admit that there are times when I do get some 'food for thought' from even those with whom I might normally disagree ... just as there are times when I disagree with someone I might ordinarily agree with (if that makes any sense).

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 1:02 PM
  • Turnip,

There has been so much put on here and so many incarnations of posters, I honestly don't remember how it came out, but when you post enough information about yourself in a relatively small town such as Cape, it is just a matter of time before someone figures it out.

It truly may not be anyone's business who certain posters are, but when one bolsters their posts by providing certain personal information it only invites scrutiny by some and yes, I have done the same thing and probably shouldn't have.

In case you have forgotten, I am a thirty year old swim suit model and race car driver when not working for Oxfam and Save the Children...

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 1:44 PM
  • Hmmm! Wonder if that is male or female?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 2:09 PM
  • Ahhh yes, Red...now I remember why I liked you! ☻

Point taken.

-- Posted by Turnip on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 2:38 PM
  • InfoWarrior, you are a fool only if you make yourself one. It will be of your own doing. I don't think you have.

Rick, the reason for this thread I stated in its creation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Leo hoisted himself several times on his own petard. In my past I have had to tedious, long, boring reports which I hated doing. I have little patience with obfuscation, repetition, and verbosity. Now that I don't have to do so, I refuse to do it.

I prefer short paragraphs which get to the point. I especially enjoy pithy one liners in which Rick excels.

I particularly dislike the posting of links for which the poster supplies no introduction or explanation as to the subject matter. This I generally avoid and pass on by. I'm not going to take the time to read something the poster didn't take the time to describe the subject matter sufficiently to attract and arouse my interest.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 2:58 PM
  • Thanks for the clarification Voyager. I'm sure we will disagree again ( but not about too much). And I appreciate your vast array of knowledge about past events.

G-Mom, I believe you are correct about sitting down with anyone who posts on here. I give great credit to anyone who engages in debate or anyone who contributes anything on here. So many people seem to be sleep-walking through life that I am even encourage by people who can't stand what I write. I appreciate anyone who is passionate about their beliefs. I don't agree with much of anything Cadillac Man says either, but I admire his passion. I think you will remember that a couple of times I have asked Leo to be a bit more diplomatic and a bit more civil because I didn't want to see him banned again. He said he appreciated the advice but just couldn't hold back, so here he is banned again. Oh well.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 5:01 PM
  • InfoWarrior, most often we are our own worst enemy. I can think of only one poster for sure I consider a fool. That person only posts to start an argument, misquotes, and misintreprets just to annoy and elicit a response. I have steadfastly refused to engage in conversation with that person and is on my own "non-person list" to be ignored.

Apparently, I am not alone in that opinion.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 5:28 PM
  • Info, Just curious in asking if there was a particular somthing that incited your quest of information resulting in such varied subject knowledge. I extend that question to Leo.

It amazes me how many folks are so much more informed on so many subjects than I.

One thing I have came to witness is how many people will change the channel of a TV in a company breakroom from a news station to a 4 and a half something your mom based sitcom.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 5:32 PM
  • Old John, I have always been a curious and skeptical sort. As a child I much preferred listening to the elderly people sitting on the benches at the general store and at the shoe repair shop talk about historical issues and current events. It seems people back then where much more in touch with reality than the fantasy and foolish dream chasers of today.

I also am grateful that at an early age I developed a thirst for knowledge which made me want to excel in reading. We were poor so reading was my entertainment and escape. I spent countless hours in the library reading old periodicals and newspapers along with many many books and encyclopedias and of course Grit magazine and my comic books. I was young then but did not believe the story about President Kennedy's murder and later MLK. I didn't discover much about Bobby Kennedy until later.

My major introduction to the conspiratorial rather than happenstance / coincidence view of history was from an old Master Chief Petty Officer and my mentor in the Navy. He had a few old history books from the late 1800's that were far different from what I was taught in school. I also read Ezra Pound's view of the world wars and the federal reserve, Smedley Butler,Fletcher Prouty, and Eustace Mullins among others. I now also have access to unlimited amounts of information at the libraries of the University of Texas.

I guess you could say I have spent most of my life trying to peel the layers off of the onion to see what I can uncover so to speak. Some people say I have wasted my time and could have used my knowledge and research abilities better trying to be more "successful". I am quite content with the success and knowledge I have.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 8:10 PM
  • Sound like to me, InfoWarrior, you have been quite successful and to **** with what other people think...if they think at all.

You remind me of myself back in the 1940's in Cape when I found the wonders of the public library downtown.

My Mother upon a number of occasions had to call the library and have them chase me out in time to get home for dinner.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 8:29 PM
  • Info, I'm sure you now have some folks asking themselves "What is Gritt Magazine and were there really shoe repair shops worthy of congregation?"

JFK's death was an event to awaken a lot of skeptism with "That's the way it is" acceptance of world events.

Thanks for the response.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 8:51 PM
  • Oh yes Old John,Grit was like the New York times to me. And the shoe repair shops. I used to marvel at the skill of the shoe repairmen of how they cut the replacement soles to fit the shoes and the glue they would use and the nails they would hammer and the huge sewing machine to stitch the soles when needed. I can still smell the glue and polish they would apply and can still picture the big green buffing machine with the wide belt drives.. Every town of reasonable size had a shoe repair shop the best I can remember. That was one of the hangouts, along with the barber shops, and general stores where the old timers would spend the day. I learned so much about life then.

Yep Voyager the library was like a huge free treasure chest. I don't know about you but I spent countless hours just thumbing through the card catalog drawers browsing the cards for hidden gems. Somehow the new computerized versions of the card catalog just aren't the same. I very much enjoyed paging through the world atlases especially of the ancient world. And the books that were too huge to check out and could only be read in the library. Sadly the kids today have X-box and Play Station to occupy their time and stir their imagination. What a shame.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sat, Jun 12, 2010, at 11:16 PM
  • You never threw away a pair of shoes until they were completely worn out and had gone through several half sole replacements., But then I was born in the Great Depression years when we ALL were really poor.The same was true of clothes which became "hand me downs". I didn't have any brothers or sisters and it was some years later that I discovered some of the clothes were hand me downs from my Mother's friends.

Then during the war years clothes and shoes were rationed which meant we had to "make do." We didn't think anything of it. Of course later we gradually learned "extravagance" in the 1950's.

X-Box and Play Station numbs the mind and exercises only the thumb.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 12:14 AM
  • Theorist, Did they use any glue in any of your childhood hangouts? :)

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 9:43 AM
  • Rick, I was like you, but in my case I never had the attention span to read a whole book. I used my dislexia to speed read just enough to get past the book reports required of the assigned reading. To this day I catch myself assuming to know what it's about without reading through.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 9:56 AM
  • "Figuring things out for yourself is a gift!" -- Posted by Theorist on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 7:37 AM

** Rant ON **

IMHO, seems this concept is becoming an increasingly lost talent for many, whose first response to any problem has evolved to 'call somebody', cuz they've 'got people' - a tactic made near-thoughtless and effortless thanks to general mobile telephone technology and accepted usage manners & graces.

This 'gift' becomes somewhat of a curse when others figure out who is good at figuring things out, and aren't at all bashful about repeatedly interrupting these 'who's - broadsiding them out of the blue with the problem, straining the bonds of friendship or family relative status in hopes of receiving an immediate free solution and advice - instead of first rolling up the figurative sleeves, dusting off the out-of-work brain cells, and following the guidance of that great lyrical philosopher, Roger Miller, who advised to just 'knuckle-down, buckle-down, and do it, do it, do it' for themselves.

On the other hand, perhaps these 'who's should work more toward limiting their enabling role and growing a backbone to just say 'no'.

** Rant OFF **

Ahhh, I feel so much better now, although admittedly a bit silly. :-)~

-- Posted by fxpwt on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 11:00 AM
  • fxpwt, Makes sense to me. Our ancesters that braved and settled sparsely populated areas had to use common sense and figure stuff out on their own. They had no county agent, no telephone and few close neighbors to call on.

Do you mind if I add you to my list of consultants?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 11:07 AM
  • Again, what in your opinion became the tipping point in getting Leo banned?

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 1:23 PM
  • Yes Theorist I agree that history is the perspective of the time. I don't know if one can ever be 100% sure of any ones account of history. That is why it is important to read a variety of accounts and draw one's own conclusions. I wish I had more time to read historical novels.

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." George Orwell 1984

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 1:46 PM
  • Problem with today's history... it has been sanitized to fulfill the agenda of special interests in too many cases.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 1:59 PM
  • I wish the Missourian would tell us the particulars why someone gets banned so we can all learn from that. It can't be because of profanity because it is automatically stopped. It might be because of a direct threat of harm against an individual. Or maybe he steps on the wrong local toes? How are we to know?

I guess that would mean that the Reverend Jesse Jackson would have been banned on here when he said I want to cut his (Obama's) n*t* off." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS883xWTKOg

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 2:01 PM
  • History has taught a version of wrongful persecution for several years. After 50 years and declassification of files and now revealed records from the former Soviet Union, the facts are now available about communist spies in FDR and HST administations. Yet to some Rather convinced people, McCarthyism will always be equal to internment of U.S. citizens by the U.S. with no reasonable suspicion of wrong doing.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 2:17 PM
  • Hmmm, the specific tipping point for this incident is beyond me, however, after reading the Terms of Service pertaining to Community Forums - http://www.semissourian.com/help/legal/ - suggest it may not take much more than a comment flagged by an offended party???

-- Posted by fxpwt on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 2:29 PM
  • Beats me, I quit reading his posts when I discovered who he was. I often skip long posts as my brain is already full anyway.

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 5:08 PM
  • "However, enough research has proven much of "this history" to be perspective like what we read on opinion threads today."

History books are changed for a variety of reasons. We've traded the censorship of old for the censorship of the new, but they are still censored. New data and new interpretations of old data have changed our perception of history since the '30s and '40s. New ideas have been formed and accepted, for right or wrong, as valid.

Classicists teach History using Thucydides, Tacitus, Caesar, and Herodotus, which is all well and good. However, we modern Historians also focus on the obvious bias of those historians. They do not dismiss their writings, but they teach them with the proverbial 'grain of salt'.

"The victors write the history", the old saying goes. The victor, we're told by historians allied with them, win because they are virtous, and they purge from their accounts that which makes them appear less so.

I have no objection to learning from the old masters, but we must recognize that they, too, are only human and subject to human failings.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 7:33 PM
  • Sounds like a new world order conspiracy to dumb down the country and ready us for sefdom. More evidence of a powerful central government repeating history but now on a global basis. Anytime the GREEDY WALLSTREET BANKERS and LOWDOWN NOT FIT TO LIVE POLITIONS control the economy, we are bound to be slaves and now the global elitists have taken over what our children learn of history.

I write that for those missing Leo.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 7:44 PM
  • Aw, that was so sweet of you, Old J.

The great thing about the banning of a few posters is that generally, they come back a little calmed down ... and that is when I most enjoy and take notice of their comments.

Me, I'm just kind of glad the health care issue was finally voted on ... because I was getting too intense also. Perhaps I could suggest something to Leo that I often do ...

Write the comments into Notepad ... don't post them for at least an hour, then re-read them before posting. I've probably deleted more comments than I've posted (hard to believe, huh?) ... or have deleted parts of them ... and ... probably should have done that with even more posts!

-- Posted by gurusmom on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 8:10 PM
  • Gurus, Just wondering, has James taken a vacation? I haven't seen a post from him in a while.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 8:36 PM
  • WHY NOT, A bull in his own field may convince one to stay out of his pasture.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 13, 2010, at 10:18 PM
  • Now that you mention it ... James, where are you? Are you and Mrs. James okay?

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Jun 14, 2010, at 1:17 PM
  • Mom,

I think from what I see on another link, one of James's possums escaped to Cape. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jun 14, 2010, at 2:36 PM
  • I saw that, Wheels ...

James ... one of your possums nabbed one of my hens some time ago. I was wondering if I should send you a bill? Oh, and do you want the remains ... maybe make yourself a nice winter possum hat?

Miss your Pearls of Wisdom when you take leave of the forums!

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Jun 14, 2010, at 8:00 PM
  • Ah, go on, Lemmie, ya can't fool us. Are we supposed to lament or celebrate. We need to post odds on how long Lennie will be with us.

Halloween's long since past. New name, so a new avatar is indicated.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Jun 14, 2010, at 11:56 PM

Respond to this thread