Speak Out: Biden Calls Manager Who Told Him To Lower Taxes A "Smart***"

Posted by Old John on Mon, Jun 28, 2010, at 11:21 PM:

Did he do it twice?

Replies (11)

• Old John,

Now that was funny! I believe Wiff has the honor of being the first to double post a thread. Not saying I couldn't be capable of doing the same thing.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jun 29, 2010, at 12:16 AM
  • My apologies to WHY-NOT for being a smart a.. It's something in my DNA.

I did not read the link since I heard a lot about it already. The libs praise Biden for being intellegent, likable and insightful, but know he has foot in mouth disease. They pass it off as Joe just being Joe.

I don't think it will be a big factor in discrediting Obama for most folks can understand and relate to it.

Now if it was the other way around as in George Bush and Dan Quail, all heck would break loose in the liberal media.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jun 29, 2010, at 12:32 AM
  • Olf John,

If it hadn't been you it would have been someone else for sure.

Biden gives the appearance of being anything but smart. And yes I know what you are saying about Bush and Quail.

Never heard so much crap as there was about his spelling of potato.

Why aren't we hearing more about some of Obama's gaffs. They rank right up there with the classics of the past. But I suppose when he is the media's fair haired boy, he must be protected at all costs.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jun 29, 2010, at 12:46 AM
  • Oh, mercy, Old J.! Thank you SO much ... I needed this laughing-out-loud moment!

Well, Wheels ... I could explain it but it's complicated ... Just try to remember ... Clinton also pretty much got a 'pass,' until Monica ... and that wasn't even 'just' gaffs. Heck, even Hillary got a 'pass' from most of the media when it came to her lifetime habit of telling 'little white lies,' which I guess may have been considered 'gaffs' by some.

Interesting when I read Rasmussen polls re Pres. Obama (rating went up today to its highest ... minus-9% I believe) ... and then read their report of each week's media coverage on him, which so far has always been favorable. Puzzling, isn't it?

I suppose that might be because the media is so respectful of our presidents? ~grinning~

-- Posted by gurusmom on Tue, Jun 29, 2010, at 1:06 AM
  • Mom, You mentioned Clinton. I wonder if he is worried that Al Gore's latest will discredit his legacy.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jun 29, 2010, at 1:16 AM
  • What do you mean "WILL" discredit his legacy?

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Jun 29, 2010, at 7:39 AM
  • WHT_NOT, Can we start a club?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jun 29, 2010, at 11:32 AM
  • I dunno, Old J. ... When did that allegedly happen ... several years ago? ... and now this lady is saying ... Kind of hard for me to imagine why it is just now being brought up ... Or did she accuse him before this and it never made the news?

Wondering though ... Who ranks highest in the 'womanizing' category ... Clinton or Kennedy?

-- Posted by gurusmom on Tue, Jun 29, 2010, at 4:03 PM
  • Some folks are good and some folks are bad. A few are really good at being both.

JFK was an example, WJC tried his best to fit into that catagory.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 30, 2010, at 12:47 AM
  • "... Clinton. I wonder if he is worried that Al Gore's latest will discredit his legacy."

Just re-reading, Old J., and want to say ... I doubt it ... even the Kennedy men probably couldn't top Clinton, whose 'antics' went back at least as far as when he was engaged to Hillary. Just more of the things I found back during Clinton's first campaign, but one can't find on the internet anymore.

Oddly enough, I always felt sort of sorry for Jackie ... but for some reason never had that same sympathy for Hillary. Perhaps that's because I always suspected that Hillary was 'using' Bill, and felt his ... um ... escapades were a small price to pay for what she hoped to gain?

-- Posted by gurusmom on Wed, Jun 30, 2010, at 4:52 AM
  • Guru- I think Clinton would have a higher number than JFK. JFK's womanizing was cut short.

I read this interesting story:

http://www.usvetdsp.com/story57.htm

and I don't believe for one moment he stopped fooling around after the whole Monica thing. Just recently he was all the gossip again:

http://www.theinsider.com/news/938756_Vanity_Fair_says_Bill_Clinton_had_affair_w...

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Jun 30, 2010, at 6:36 PM

Respond to this thread