Speak Out: A new must see video!

Posted by J Purcell on Tue, Jul 27, 2010, at 10:28 PM:

Please Spend 8 minutes and watch this video, it will be informative and entertaining at the same time. Thanks, Jay Purcell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIPn2cPaAlc

Replies (47)

• Beats the heck out of a soap opera.

Will the voters elect Jay? Will it be a total throw all the bums out? Tune in tommorow for more Cape County suspense, brought to you by your friends at County Mouth, we distort, you despise.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jul 28, 2010, at 12:21 AM
  • Countless times I have stated my assessment of government corruption and conspiracy. When I have, it has been mostly met with ridicule including something to do with tin foil hats and black helicopters. Those sophomoric tired allusions don't bother me, but what does tick me off is when people say "if there really are conspiracies in government, why doesn't anyone blow the whistle?" It appears to me that Purcell is doing just that. Over the past year, some of the same people on this forum who demand evidence to prove conspiracy and corruption scoff at, ridicule, and complain when Mr. Purcell has given recorded evidence of cronyism and corruption.

I don't know Mr. Purcell personally and don't even live in Missouri, but I have kept up as best I can with the goings on in Cape Girardeau County politics. I may be totally wrong, but it seems to me an un-biased outside observer, that Mr. Purcell is trying to clean up the corruption and good ole boy shady politics going on in your county.

I don't think Purcell is perfect by any means, but who really is? From what I know, I believe I would vote for him, but with the caveat that I would watch his actions as closely as he has watched the other commissioners. I would also insist that he agree to all of his meetings with the other commissioners and other government related conversations be recorded just like the recordings he has posted on here.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, Jul 28, 2010, at 1:19 AM
  • Only thing missing was the popcorn.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jul 28, 2010, at 1:44 AM
  • Info, Your last paragraph is dead on.

Some folks will toss out all the apples in the barrel looking for the perfect.

In this case I dont see a conspiracy, but just a case of while the cat's away the mice will play. Jay is a mouse with cat wiskers. The other mice feel betrayed.

Go Jay!

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jul 28, 2010, at 1:47 AM
  • Thank you Jay. Sorry I could not attend last evenings forum. My intentions were good however Mrs. Wolf had other plans for me.

This video adds to my belief that the County Commission has and still remains a "three ring circus" and a terrible embarrasment to our County.

Jay, the damage is done! If you cannot see the narccistic behavior in all three of you, perhaps therapy would be beneficial. Conflict without resolution is at the heart of the problem with the Commission of which you are a part. I realize you feel you are fighting a battle for the citizens of Cape County however, I believe nothing good has or will come from this Commission. I wish you luck in your attempt to win the Presiding Commissioner seat. I am glad to see such a diverse group of individuals running.

I hope you will continue to push the effort to change our County Government to a Charter form.

I believe this would be the best way to govern our County with the most and best representation for all. Good luck to all the Candidates.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Wed, Jul 28, 2010, at 8:06 AM
  • I attended the forum for the Presiding Commissioners last night.I am a life long Democrat but will put aside partisan politics and pull a Republican ballot and vote for Jay Purcell.

-- Posted by Missourian2 on Wed, Jul 28, 2010, at 8:29 AM
  • Don't think for a moment that Mr. Purcell is any different from any other policitian! His 'good ole boy" line is his way to gain recognition. He says what you want to hear in order to get your vote. He's not a person you want to represent you!

-- Posted by lashlarue on Wed, Jul 28, 2010, at 9:50 PM
  • We shall see how many believe Jay this Tuesday, it should be interesting to see the people's pick. May the best man win.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Thu, Jul 29, 2010, at 11:47 PM
  • May the best man win.

-- Posted by catfish63755 on Thu, Jul 29, 2010, at 11:47 PM

Now that would be "change" we can believe in!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Jul 29, 2010, at 11:53 PM
  • Looks like I may be voting for him.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 12:10 AM
  • What a despicable scam this is. Like, we are supposed to believe that this man, who has lowered himself to post what HE thinks makes him look good on YouTube, isn't having his union cronies respond about what a great guy he is? How sick is that? Cape County's business should not be a joke for the YouTube couch potatoes. I am personally ashamed that this man is involved in Cape Girardeau County politics. I believe that most of what he says is not true or contrived; and once again, he has his little recorder going. Hopefully, next time, since the MISSOURI SUPREME COURT has accused him of having DIRTY HANDS, may he be arrested and his recorder confiscated. You cannot run a government when you are frightened that any private opinion you have will be broadcast nationwide, good bad or indifferent. What a sad state of affairs for our county.

-- Posted by JungleJim on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 12:25 AM
  • Oh I don't know about that, JungleJim, why should Cape County be exempt from all the jackassery going on the the rest of these United States?

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 6:28 AM
  • JJim:

I believe the way Hogg Jaws talked to Purcell was a little more than the round man expressing his opinion.

It was nothing but behind closed doors, strong arm bullying.

I'm not going to hold any of this against Jay. You never heard a thing about Jay not being anything but a good commissioner until Jay came up with some ideas to make county government work better for the citizens.

Then the strong arming apparently began.

Have you ever heard a colleague in any line of work talk to a co-worker in that manner?

I haven't and I'm voting for Jay Purcell because of it.

-- Posted by Red Devil on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 8:01 AM
  • Another example of unintelligent voting! Thanks for your input Red!

Its time to end the embarrassment folks and tear down the tent that houses this circus. Narcissism is not what this County needs in Commissioners.

That is certainly what we have now. Its time for a new direction in Cape Girardeau County Government and it needs to start Tuesday.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 9:35 AM
  • Grey: The embarrassment you refer to will be gone when Jones is gone. I did not approve of Purcell secretly recording Jones, but it was not illegal, morally wrong maybe but not legally wrong. Jones showed disdain for the citizens in this county when he chastised the SB40 board member when he told her to cooperate or find something else to do. Do you approve of that attitude expressed by Jones? I hope not, you seem more intuned than that. Jones has done nothing but run rough-shod over anyone who disagrees with him. Notice how smooth everything has gone at the commission meetings with Jones' absence. That should tell everyone where the root of the problem is.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 11:08 AM
  • Howdydoody,

In part I agree with your post. I have never approved of Jones attitude. I have also had

issues with Jay's. You have not heard one word from me about Jay's ridiculous secret recordings although I believe it was not in his best interest. My problem is with their refusal to resolve conflict. What makes you so sure this will not continue after Jones has retired? Im certainly NOT convinced at all. Narcissism is too often an issue with politicians and I see it in all three of these Commissioners. If you cannot see that then you and I will just have to agree to disagree. As it is I will probably make my decision as to who to vote for on Monday night.

It will not be Jay.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 12:38 PM
  • Truthbetoldnow,

Kind of confused on what you said... you won't be voting for the Republicans showing their true colors, or you won't be voting for the lily white Democrats???

I haven't been able to tell the difference for several election cycles now.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 1:09 PM
  • Hopefully, next time, since the MISSOURI SUPREME COURT has accused him of having DIRTY HANDS, may he be arrested and his recorder confiscated.

-- Posted by JungleJim on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 12:25 AM

You have proof of this? The only person that has proven anything to me is Purcell. I hear accusations without proof from the others. So far Purcell is the only one to have proof of his accusations.

As far as Republican and Democrats go this is a county thing. It is meaningless what party they are from. I vote for the best person.

I have set on many boards and one thing is for sure. The longer somone holds power the more they will feel only they should have the final word. It is probably time to get things back to level.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 1:52 PM
  • Truthbetoldnow,

Attest till the pigs come home if you like. I am not at all concerned with those recordings. I am interested in what the "true colors" of Republicans are. Could you please explain this to me? Please keep in mind that I am Not a Demopublican, rather I am just a Federalist/Libertarian. That is, I am opposed to either party (dems and Repubs) and I believe I should be in control of my own destiny. I also support the belief that the sovereignty of our Great States of this Union need to be given back and that States should Not be held hostage by the Fed.

What's your colors??

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 2:06 PM
  • My stomach turns every time I see Jim Roche, Diana Diebold or Donna Lichtenegger around a republican propaganda tent.

-- Posted by Red Devil on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 2:25 PM
  • Still struggling with my perception that a significant number of people are claiming to be casting their votes toward a particular candidate for the office, as a sign of distaste for the current holder of that office - who is not even running.

Sounds eerily familiar of a recent Presidential election - where IMO it's been all show and no go for the successful candidate, thus far.

But - I erroneously digress with the parallelisms of professionalism for the particular Office, and furthermore, eh, what the H do I know?

-- Posted by fxpwt on Fri, Jul 30, 2010, at 8:41 PM
  • Truthbetold now, you berate the Republican party in your post, however, as of today, your boy claims to be a Republican, except he will switch to democrat (excuse me, an independent, right) if he is elected. Yet, you support your boy anyway. So, your argument is pretty lame. Yawn.

-- Posted by JungleJim on Sat, Jul 31, 2010, at 12:20 AM
  • Pity the ballot will not offer the option:

"None of the Above."

It would offer the more agreeable selection.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Jul 31, 2010, at 8:18 AM
  • It's ironic that a forum of us brave anonymous contributors confidently speaking truth, justice and the American way is the backdrop for this disruptive contrarian of a local politician that comes across just a little creepy. In labor relations you are not allowed to SPIT - spy, promise, interrogate or threaten. That seems to be the entire makeup of our county government. We need to bring Cape Girardeau County back to the future with a change of county government - people and process.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Sat, Jul 31, 2010, at 8:20 AM
  • I agree, that's why I'm voting for Jay!

-- Posted by Red Devil on Sat, Jul 31, 2010, at 8:33 AM
  • No, Ad...man. And again, No! Don't make a good man have to face temptation of corruption in Wicked City.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Jul 31, 2010, at 2:02 PM
  • Jones - VIP - $$$$$ - Purcell - SB40 - $$$$$

Sounds like money, power and two sides circling. Nothing like the power to control a large amount of tax money to reveal the small pettiness of those elected and appointed. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with what's going on in our county. No matter how the dust settles, folks better keep a close eye on all these folks.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 6:29 AM
  • Remember favorably or unfavorably, Rick? Which?

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 10:38 AM
  • Rick, looks like the people of Cape County have spoken. Apparently, they don't want any more of Purcell or just got turned off by the continuing controversy.

Its going to be interesting to hear the various opinions on the election from both the pro and anti Purcell folks..

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 11:00 PM
  • Glad its over. Congrats to Clint Tracy for a huge win. It seems that by looking at the numbers, Jay Purcell's political future in Cape County Government is dismal at best. Of course, things can change in two years I suppose.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Wed, Aug 4, 2010, at 6:03 AM
  • Haven't heard a word from sevral persons, but then again its still early in the day.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Aug 4, 2010, at 9:06 AM
  • On ward and upward. Hopefully this whole ordeal is a wakeup call on several levels; and encourages us to take a serious look at a county charter.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Wed, Aug 4, 2010, at 9:15 AM
  • A tip of my tin foil hat to Lemmie Adams and Jay.

-- Posted by hollyshort on Thu, Aug 5, 2010, at 4:34 AM
  • Oh stop it Lemmie! You won't convince me that you have any concern for horses! You don't know a darn thing about them or their plight. Frankly speaking I wonder who the "stooge" really is here.

Just saying..!

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Thu, Aug 5, 2010, at 7:07 AM
  • Here, here, Greywolf! Just agreeing wif ya!

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Aug 5, 2010, at 3:35 PM
  • I think it is natural for livestock to die at the hands of a butcher.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 8:14 AM
  • But, Hunter, aren't you aware those steaks come from the grocery store done up it that wonderful plastic wrap?

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 9:17 AM
  • Lemmie, why do continue to call people names??

You can make your point without doing that. Start doing it or I will hit the exclamation point everytime you do it! I applaud your desire to protect wild horses however, like almost every animal on earth thay are indeed edible. The wild herds have to be managed or they will double in size every 4 or 5 years. I would rather they be eaten then left to starve to death. Just saying

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 12:36 PM
  • Greywolf:

Have you read Lemmie's posts? He is clueless on many topics and personally offensive on others.

It doesn't matter what side of the fence you are on, much of the opinion he posts is just plain wrong. I know from very personal experience.

-- Posted by clkv on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 1:27 PM
  • Time to put the horse steaks on the grill. Good weather for it. Now lets decide on the side dishes. How about asparagas salad with a lemon/butter glaze? No key lime pie. It tastes awful, at least all I've ever found.

Oh, I know! We'll get Hunter with some of his delicious receipes. Can hardly wait. Sure beats politics.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 2:32 PM
  • My wife made an excellent Key Lime Pie. I think they taste good, if properly made, but they are easily made too bitter. Fresh limes are important, bottled lime juice doesn't cut it.

Here's the meat:

Filly Mignon

This simple French classic serves 4.

4 four-ounce filets of horse

1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce

1 Tablespoon Fresh Ground Pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 slices bacon

Mix the Worcestershire Sauce, Ground Pepper, and Salt as a marinade. Baste the filets with the marinade, cover, and chill in refrigerator for two to four hours.

Wrap outside of filet with uncooked bacon slice and secure with toothpicks.

Broil to taste.

_________

Add some potatoes:

Parsley'd Potatoes

Wash the spuds, then quarter them. Layer them on a baking tray, drizzel with olive oil, sprinke with finely chopped parsley and any other herbs you like. Add a bit of freshly ground black

pepper and a bit of olive oil. Rosemary is very good on potatoes.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until they're golden brown and soft. Turn them over after about twenty minutes and drizzle with more olive oil.

And some greens:

Baked Green Beans with Bacon:

Ingredients

fresh or frozen green beans

garlic salt (or use sea salt and fresh-cut garlic)

pepper

1/3 cup butter

1/3 cup brown sugar

4-5 bacon strips bacon

Lightly grease a flat baking pan with at least 1.5 inch sides (to prevent dripping). Lay enough frozen green beans to just cover the bottom of your pan completely. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Melt butter in a glass measuring cup and stir in the brown sugar into it until well-blended. Pour mixture over your beans evenly. Layer bacon strips over the top of the beans. Cook in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.

Add dessert:

Key Lime Pie

Crust

16 graham crackers, crushed

3 tablespoons sugar

1 cube (1/4 lb) margarine or butter

Pie

4 large or extra large egg yolks

1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup fresh key lime juice (approximately 12 Key limes)

2 teaspoons grated lime peel

Whipping Cream

1/2 cup whipping cream

2 teaspoons granulated sugar

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

To prepare the crust:

Mix the ingredients and press them into a 9" pie plate. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 - 12 minutes until lightly browned. Place on a rack to cool.

To prepare the pie filling

Use an electric mixer and beat the egg yolks until they are thick and turn to a light yellow, don't over mix. Turn the mixer off and add the sweetened condensed milk. Turn speed to low and mix in half of the lime juice. Once the juice is incorporated add the other half of the juice and the zest, continue to mix until blended (just a few seconds). Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake at 350F for 12 minutes, just enought to set the yolks and kill any salmonella in the eggs.

To prepare the whipping cream:

Mix the ingredients and whip until cream stiffens.

Serve with whipping cream as a garnish.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 3:01 PM
  • Shapley Hunter!!!!!! MY GOD MAN,,,that's is by far the best post ever posted on this media bar non!! WOW

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 3:05 PM
  • Grazie!

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 3:09 PM
  • I knew it, I knew it! We could count on Hunter! Well, there goes the diet.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 3:10 PM
  • I meant Bar none!

Darn I can be stupid as a horse sometimes!!

Yeah I know, most here agree!

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 4:28 PM
  • I will vote for the key lime pie... the rest of that is suspect if it started with horse meat.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 4:45 PM
  • You can use beef if you want, you cow-killer! ;)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Aug 6, 2010, at 4:49 PM

Respond to this thread