Speak Out: What peace loving religion stones women to death. You got it!!!

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Sep 6, 2010, at 9:49 PM:

She is going to be stoned soon but first they beat her..... mistakenly. Where are all the crybaby liberals on this one?

"In an unusual turn in the case, the lawyer also confirmed that Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani was lashed 99 times last week in a separate punishment meted out because a British newspaper ran a picture of an unveiled woman mistakenly identified as her. Under Iran's clerical rule, women must cover their hair in public. The newspaper later apologized for the error"

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/06/2202587/french-minister-pledges-to-help.htm...

Replies (55)

• Wonder how the Mullahs would enjoy receiving 99 lashes before they were stoned for their crimes against humanity?

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Sep 6, 2010, at 9:59 PM
  • good point Voyager

Did you guys hear about 9/11 burn the Koran day?

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 8:02 AM
  • I knew a girl in college those many years ago who got stoned. It was some years late that we realized it was self imposed by some chemical substance we had never heard of during our college years.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 8:54 AM
  • Rick,

Isn't it their right to burn the quran if they want? It's not something I would want to do myself but it is their right.

I wonder if this would have been an issue if the media had not gotten ahold of this story and gave it all the publicity? Best I remember this church only has 50 members. I bet we will get to finance another "apology" tour though.

As far as them being as crazy as the extremeist? I think not. I'm willing to bet the finest steak dinner in Cape that none of the church members will strap on a suicide bomb and set it off at the burning. Care to take me up on that bet?

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 9:28 AM
  • I wouldn't go as far as saying extreme, but I would put them into the category of the church who protests at military funerals OR maybe I wouldn't.

The church that protests at military funerals is doing something that is extremely insensitive and insulting to most people. Whereas the church who is burning the Koran is saying a statement that is insulting to a particular religion, but they are doing this on their own grounds, on the church property. Now if they went in front of a mosque and did the Koran burning, that would be extreme.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 9:36 AM
  • I just don't see the point...

-- Posted by futile_rant on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 9:40 AM
  • People burn flags, bras, and books as signs of protest. Why make such a big deal out of a small group of agitators burning Qurans, when countless other burnings go unnoticed.

Who is the real agitator - the ones doing the burning or the ones reporting it in newsprint and on internet websites worldwide? Let them burn their Qurans in the privacy of their own churchyard, let the press ignore them. It wouldn't be the first time the press has turned a blind eye to what's happening in the world, would it?

Is there really so little news in the world that this preacher deserves this much attention?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 9:42 AM
  • Listening to the pastor this morning on the news, I think his point is we are not going to just cower (sp?) down and let them do what they want. He made it clear his beef is with the extremist not muslims.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 9:46 AM
  • I am particularly annoyed by television preachers especially who can really get worked into a froth.

But it gave me an idea. Why not establish a school for specialized "preachers" who study and then know the quran as scholars.

Their purpose would be to use the quaran to refute the radical and extremist Muslims. Use their own book to refute and defeat them. The message could be gotten out with all the means of modern communication available to us.

Defeat the enemy with their own sword. Hoist them on their own petard! Can't you just hear the Iranian Mullahs yelling foul now.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 9:56 AM
  • Caddy,

I think they have done more research into the koran than you have. Oh yeah florida doesn't have hillbillies.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 10:26 AM
  • Voyager there are a number of scholars out there that have studied the quran and it is pretty scarey what they have found.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 10:28 AM
  • I can find absolutely no reason to respect any religion or group that will kill people totally unconnected with the act that angers or offends them.

I have studied the life of Muhammad.

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 10:42 AM
  • I listened to a speech by William J. Federer some time ago and purchased a CD titled 'What Every American Needs To Know About the Qur'an'.

I found it quite informative.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:09 AM
  • There was a preacher a while back that had a Bible burning. He burned Bibles that weren't the King James Version, saying only the King James Version was the true word of God. It made it onto a few news outlets for a short while, but wasn't very newsworthy, so it didn't have a long shelf life.

I do see, with a quick Google, that some commentators remember it and are bringing it up in connection with the Quran burning.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:17 AM
  • So, Cadillacman, what do you suppose the Bible-burning pastor was promoting? Surely he wasn't promoting the killing of Christians by burning the Bible, or even killing non-King-James-Version-following Christians by the event.

How is burning the Quran different. Preachers have been burning books for ages. There is a website somewhere that lists the favourite targets of book-burners. I think 'The Catcher in the Rye' is on the top of the list, along with Darwin's 'Origin of Species' and 'Huckleberry Finn'. I don't believe any of these burnings constitute death threats.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:22 AM
  • Why is it that when some group burns the U.S. Flag or the Bible the left jump up and applaud saying: That's their right under the constitution, it's free speech.

Now that someone is going to burn the Koran everyone seems to be getting bent out of shape. Where is that same amount of passion and worry when Christianity or the U.S. is being defamed? Just saying......

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:27 AM
  • I know its not quite the same but in the 90's Sinead O'Conner appeared on the Letterman show and did something completely idiotic in my book. People made a big fuss about it for a while then it was over. Of course the Pope was probably a lot more forgiving than the people this newest charade is aimed at. Either way its all part of freedom I suppose.

-- Posted by thumkin on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:28 AM
  • cadillac man, your last post is absolutely absurd in its assumption as to what the pastor or anyone "intends". There is absolutely no comparison between what has happened in recent history in the name of the Muslim religion and any other.

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:30 AM
  • Now that the format is changing to electronic books, will that 'Kindle' the flames?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:30 AM
  • When I was about 7 years old I remember finding some pretty scarey stuff in the comic books I read.

What does that or the Bible have to do with the Quran Ike? Makes me remember some of the tit for tat arguments my sister and I used to have. I think that was around the age of 7 also.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:48 AM
  • "mo...you don't know what i know about the koran."

Caddy you crack me up. You make a statement like this above and then immediately below it you tell us what this pastor is promoting. Have you ever met this man? Have you ever been to his church?

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:49 AM
  • Seems to me I remember a comic-book burning when I was much younger, too. 'The Beatles' records were also burned, as I recall, because of some comment that one of the members made about concert attendance on Sundays, or something like that.

I think The Beatles survived it.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 11:59 AM
  • This being the 21st century, I think we should encourage the shift to electronic books. We could encourage the fundamentalists to hold a mass 'book deleting'. It's more environmentally friendly than burning paper, isn't it?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 12:04 PM
  • Mowrangler,

You need to take Caddy for his entertainment value.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 12:04 PM
  • This being the 21st century, I think we should encourage the shift to electronic books. We could encourage the fundamentalists to hold a mass 'book deleting'. It's more environmentally friendly than burning paper, isn't it?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 12:04 PM

I like that idea. And I especially like the Audio versions, as I am getting lazier and lazier these days. Currently listening to The Adventures of Huck Finn. I read that around 7 or 8 years old I think. Brand new all over again. Like watching the re-runs of the 40 year old Randolph Scott movies.

Should I have a public or a private deleting when I am finished listening to Huck Finn I wonder?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 12:10 PM
  • Have_Wheels_Will_Travel wrote:

"Should I have a public or a private deleting when I am finished listening to Huck Finn I wonder?"

Definitely public. 'Huck Finn' is on the burners favourites list, I believe, so you'll be showing your solidarity with them while also showing the world that you are thoroughly modern person in tune with the wonders of the age, and environmentally aware at the same time.

It's an idea whose time has come, I think.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 12:14 PM
  • Shapley,

I will take that under consideration. May be a little while though... I listen about as slow as I do everything else these days.

I really enjoy things that are on banned and burn lists. Took me more than five years to get a VHS copy of Song Of The South after my wife bought a PAL format tape of it in England a few years back. But where there is a will there is a way! I just knew if there was something on there that people did not want me to see or hear... I needed to see and hear it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 12:38 PM
  • What Peace loving religion molests little boys? What Peace loving religion murders blacks? What Peace Loving religion forces girls under the age of 10 to marry?

You simply can't judge the many by the actions of the few.

As far as burning the book, I very much disagree with...but I still think its their right to do it.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 12:45 PM
  • Book burnings never did excite me a lot. I always figured they would miss at least one copy that was hidden away somewhere... and we could use that one for seed.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 12:47 PM
  • Other targets of the burners:

Johnny got his gun

Slaughter House Five

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 12:55 PM
  • The reason why there are so many extremist is due to the lack of education and high illiteracy in these parts of the world.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 1:00 PM
  • I recall from history a lovely little campfire in 1933 Germany. If I recall the major focus at that bookburning were Jewish and Communist books, such as The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann.. Think they burned some music by Felix Mendelsohn. It's difficult to visualise A Midsummer Night's Dream going up in smoke.

Have never been fond of Wagner's music since.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 1:27 PM
  • How about it's all stupid. I don't care if they burn the dang book, but it is disrespectful and stupid. And yes, the atrocities terrorists carry out are horrible too. Two wrongs don't make it right...and nobody can tell me we don't have the same level of nutjobs in this country in the name of christianity.

-- Posted by clkv on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 2:16 PM
  • In case you all didn't know, the ignorant hillbilly heading up the Qu'ran burning, Terry Jones, is, according to Wikipiedia, from Cape Girardeau, Mo. He was thrown out of his ministery in Germany for stealing from the church to pay his own bills. The guy is a flake. However, his stupid stunt is going to get Americans killed. Muslims will not sit back and take this, the way the American people sit back and take someone burning our flag. If he wants to burn something, burn an effigy of Bin Laden. This does scare me, being a service member.

-- Posted by USAFGuy on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 2:35 PM
  • We don't have the same level of nut jobs.

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 2:43 PM
  • While I agree that the act is stupid, I'm bothered by the idea that his right to do so should be curbed in order to appease those who threaten violence in response to his exercise of free speech. What message does that send?

To say that they will kill any American in response to the actions of this one unless we suppress him is absurd. In the old days, such a response would have inspired more Americans to burn more Qurans. We're becoming soft.

America allows artists and activists to openly insult Christians. They do so because they know there will be little or no reprisal. While an occassional zealot may blow up an abortion clinic, for the most part Christians do not turn to violence against those that do not accept their views. I believe the majority of the Islamic people are the same.

We should not let fear hinder our freedom. We've had too much of that lately.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 2:57 PM
  • Shapley, as usual, I agree with everything you are saying.

Obama said the church people who are going to burn the Koran are "unAmerican." But that is just it- they are showing the American way because we do have the right to protest and the freedom of speech. What they are doing is very American even if we totally do not agree with them.

It is all this PC bullcrud that is taking our freedoms away. We should never say that it is wrong for a Christian to show their beliefs or speak their beliefs any more than we should say a Jew can't or a Muslim can't. When we start saying "well they can't do that" then we chip away at all of our freedoms.

And NO I am not talking about extreme acts of violence because obviously then laws are being broken and that is totally different.

Oh, and poor Caddy, he is seeing Hillbillies everywhere.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 3:32 PM
  • adidas wrote:

"Oh, and poor Caddy, he is seeing Hillbillies everywhere."

Well, what would you call them down there? Peninsulabillies? Sandbillies? Beachbillies? ;)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 3:40 PM
  • Shapley-

I agree with you. This is from the AP: "His actions likely would be protected by the First Amendment's right to free speech. The U.S. Supreme Court has made clear that speech deemed offensive to many people, even the majority of people, cannot be suppressed by the government unless it is clearly directed to intimidate someone or amounts to an incitement to violence, legal experts said"

Now, it seems to me that this is going to incite violence.

This is also from the AP:

"It is the duty of Muslims to react," said Mohammad Mukhtar, a cleric and candidate for the Afghan parliament in the Sept. 18 election. "When their holy book Quran gets burned in public, then there is nothing left. If this happens, I think the first and most important reaction will be that wherever Americans are seen, they will be killed. No matter where they will be in the world they will be killed."

I don't know if Mr. Jones will carry out the book burning or not. He maybe just doing this for the publicity. And lets face it, thanks to CNN, the AP, CBS, and Fox news he got all the publicity he wanted. If the news media would stop reporting on this and not give this a$$ the attetion he wants, nobody would probably care.

And do we really want this guy to be Americas spokesmen against Islam? The press sure has made him into it.

-- Posted by USAFGuy on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 3:46 PM
  • USAFGuy wrote:

"And do we really want this guy to be Americas spokesmen against Islam? The press sure has made him into it."

Obviously not. However, I don't think this action is intended to incite violence directly. Nor do I think the ravings of an equally radical cleric on the other side of the world should impact whether or not a radical American exercises his constitutional rights.

As we know, the soldiers in Afghanistan are already in harms way. To believe that a suspension of this burning will really make their lot any safer is too much to believe. For my part, I think the damage has been done. Whether or not he actually burns them now is immaterial, the perception of hatred has been generated. A backing down now will only make us look weak and non-committed. What further concessions will future Afghani candidates demand of Americans?

Do you really believe it will endear us to the Afghani people if he backs down?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 3:58 PM
  • adidas poor ol caddy would just freak out if he saw a palinbilly.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 4:04 PM
  • Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 2:57 PM

Good Post.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 4:50 PM
  • "Do you really believe it will endear us to the Afghani people if he backs down?"

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 3:58 PM

A different questions is do you really think it will terrify Muslims if he goes ahead? (Oh my Allah, we better run for the hills, the Americans are burning our Korans.)

Go back to the New York Mosque blocks from ground zero. The conservatives say, yes they have a right to do it, but they should not out of respect.

Now the conservatives appear to be saying yes he has a right to do it and respect has no bearing on the issue.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 5:34 PM
  • Now the conservatives appear to be saying yes he has a right to do it and respect has no on the issue.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 5:34 PM

Appear to be... or they are saying that. Somehow I did not get that message from what anyone said.

I thought most were saying that he had every right to do it. Not that he should be doing it.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 5:52 PM
  • I really don't see how either can be a "liberal or conservative" thing.

-- Posted by Red_Rhino on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 6:31 PM
  • How about a trade off. Forget the Muslim center and he wont burn the Koran.

BTW the Koran says kill all Christians according to the Tabalan.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 8:46 PM
  • "adidas poor ol caddy would just freak out if he saw a palinbilly."

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 4:04 PM"

LMAO! I about choked on my soda laughing so hard on that one!

For Floridian's I would say beachbillies Shapley!

How about zombillies for the DC area?

Watch out Caddy there's one behind you! Quick, shoot!

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 9:44 PM
  • Wonder if there's such a thing as Muslimbillies?

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 10:08 PM
  • Wonder if there's such a thing as Muslimbillies?

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 10:08 PM

That was racist. Don't believe me? Ask a liberal.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 10:17 PM
  • Easy Lemmie, your getting close to a name change.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Sep 8, 2010, at 10:27 PM
  • Lemmie- none of our are burning Korans so get your facts straight and get your panties out of a wad.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 8:48 AM
  • Lemmie, check your meds. Something's wrong. Get to an emergency room fast.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 9:04 AM
  • oh bother (said in Eeyore's voice)

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 10:35 AM
  • I am pro flag burrning... if its damaged or torn.

heck, the boyscouts will even burn if for you.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 11:32 AM
  • Damned fools will be damned fools, laws or no laws, approvals or no approvals, so let them do their foolish things.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Sep 9, 2010, at 9:30 PM

Respond to this thread