Speak Out: Steelman announces Senate Run

Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 1, 2010, at 2:31 PM:

I love the democrat party response to this -- "Sarah Steelman launching a campaign for public office is about as new as the sun rising in the East" and "Sarah Steelman, an extreme right-wing clone of Sarah Palin".

They're using the exact same tactics that got Robin Carnahan clobbered. Call them names, make fun of them and MOST of all, don't run on the issues! Claire McCaskill will have a hard time explaining her 100% Obama voting record. She'll never bring that up. Or her comments about how she's going to stop paying attention to her constituents and voting against the will of 71% of Missourians.

I know, I know, we just finished an election but there's another one around the corner!

Replies (14)

• Claire McCaskill and her canned answers to questions goes down at the next election.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Dec 1, 2010, at 2:50 PM
  • I hope!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 1, 2010, at 8:32 PM
  • I hope we can do better than Steelman. Only a far left liberal would call her extreme far right.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 1, 2010, at 9:20 PM
  • I like Sarah! Anyone with ties to Dent County is bound to be the best. After all, it is the only place in the world where I was ever born!!

-- Posted by mo_ky_fellow on Thu, Dec 2, 2010, at 8:03 AM
  • I think I saw a sign there one time... said 'mo_ky_fellow born here'. :-) :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Dec 2, 2010, at 8:29 AM
  • I was impressed by her "Terror-Free Investment" stance as the State Treasurer. She has great experience, and will probably make a good governator.

-- Posted by bebo on Thu, Dec 2, 2010, at 10:01 AM
  • I have always admired Claire McCaskill. I believe she is a straight shooter and no-nonsense politician. She has sworn not to use earmarks. She was a great Jackson County prosecutor and auditor.

I trust few politicians, but I trust her. She has been a benefit to Missouri.

-- Posted by donacita on Thu, Dec 2, 2010, at 1:36 PM
  • Nothing like having a high elevated opinion of oneself.It doesn't depend upon what anyone else thinks or says. Of course, you need to keep account of the changes of the moon.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Dec 3, 2010, at 5:28 AM
  • Voyager, Is the guy that finds out the smartning pills he is taking are actually rabbit turds indeed not smarter?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 3, 2010, at 7:57 AM
  • Enemy of the State a real legend in his own mind.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Fri, Dec 3, 2010, at 8:24 AM
  • for instance , who is this Judge Judy you mention repeatedly ?

-- Posted by ...Rick on Fri, Dec 3, 2010, at 8:22 AM

Rick,

She is that "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining" TV judge.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Dec 3, 2010, at 3:08 PM
  • I think she comes on right after Jesse Ventura. That way Lemmie can get all his "information" at one time.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Fri, Dec 3, 2010, at 4:04 PM
  • Yeah Rick,

And she kind of looks like and reminds you of Nancey Pelosi

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Dec 3, 2010, at 4:06 PM
  • there's a lot of people smarter than me , i'm just a dumb ol' stump kicking country boy ..

-- Posted by ...Rick on Fri, Dec 3, 2010, at 8:22 AM

Same here. Common sense is always superior over education.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Dec 3, 2010, at 5:54 PM

Respond to this thread