Speak Out: Obama Names Bill Clinton to Presidential Post

Posted by blogbudsman on Sat, Dec 11, 2010, at 7:19 AM:

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2008/11/obama-names-bill-clinton-to-preside...

Ending weeks of speculation and rumors, President-Elect Barack Obama today named Bill Clinton to join his incoming administration as President of the United States, where he will head the federal government's executive branch.

"I am pleased that Bill Clinton has agreed to come out of retirement to head up this crucial post in my administration," said Obama. "He brings a lifetime of previous executive experience as Governor of Arkansas and President of the United States, and has worked closely with most of the members of my Cabinet."

Clinton said he was "excited and honored" by the appointment, and would work "day and night" to defeat all the key policy objectives proposed by Mr. Obama during the campaign.

Replies (9)

• Hmmmm!

Now if it were only true, we could have a better weekend ahead.

And it would give Obama all the time he needs for golf, travel, entertainment, taking care of Mischelle's needs and whims.

A perfect solution.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 11, 2010, at 7:52 AM
  • After yesterday peculiar incident in which Obama intoduced Clintion during a press conference and then walked off the stage as Clinton began to speak, nothing should surprise us. So what do y'all make of that?

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Dec 11, 2010, at 8:37 AM
  • Yeah, maybe he just drank too much iced tea.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 14, 2010, at 11:47 AM
  • I agree with the wise Cadillac man. However not having caught the beginning, it did look weird to me as well. I guess that will be OK as long as we don't see John Boner, or Mitch Mcconnell walking up there and taking over, giving their first order which likely would be to send all middle and lower income people to the Middle East to wipe it out.

That is the only mentality they seem to have.

-- Posted by Knowledge on Tue, Dec 14, 2010, at 12:22 PM
  • Obama always has somewhere to go when things heat up and he doesn't want to be bothered with a lot of questions. Like taking off right after the November elections. That was convnient. He knew he had an a** kicking coming.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 14, 2010, at 12:54 PM
  • I guess that will be OK as long as we don't see John Boner, or Mitch Mcconnell walking up there and taking over, giving their first order which likely would be to send all middle and lower income people to the Middle East to wipe it out.

That is the only mentality they seem to have.

-- Posted by Knowledge on Tue, Dec 14, 2010, at 12:22 PM

Huh?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Dec 14, 2010, at 2:15 PM
  • As Governer of Arkansas Bill Clinton was asked by a interviewer, if he could be anything other then Gov of Arkansas or President of the USA, What would he like to be. His reply was "I think I'd like to be a rock star, like Jim Dandy!"

I once asked Jim Dandy about Bill Clinton. Jim said they spent a lot of time together back in the 70s. Bill was running for office and would often show up at Black Oak shows to talk to the crowd. (A idea also used by Jimmy Carter when he ran for President.) Jim said Bill always had the best weed in Arkansas. Jim still has a autograhed photo of the two of them together.

-- Posted by timexx on Tue, Dec 14, 2010, at 3:01 PM
  • I figured that would give Cadi a rise.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 14, 2010, at 4:51 PM
  • BTW I would much rather have Clinton in office. I voted for the man. He at least uses a little lube when passing a bill you don't care for.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 14, 2010, at 5:29 PM

Respond to this thread