Speak Out: Clara McCaskill Paying Back Taxes on Plane

Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 21, 2011, at 8:22 PM:

My least favorite Missouri Politician guilty of not paying taxes? How could that be?

In the article she mentions paying monthly sales taxes on the plane for several years. ????

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/250671/3/Sen-McCaskill-paying-back-taxes-on-pla...

Replies (40)

• Wish she would share the wealth!

Must be nice to have a big private jet to fly around in. Must be nice to charge the government to fly around in said private jet. Private jet was used for federal business, so it must be tax-exempt. Isn't that how liberal logic works?

-- Posted by mynameismud on Mon, Mar 21, 2011, at 8:51 PM
  • David Cole touting poor children deprived by lack of taxes paid sounds a bit tacky. He should be above that kind of drivel.

Such a qualified auditor and for the people politition as she claims to be probably knew all along about the situation and figured no one would question her on on it. [IMHO]

Speaking of air travel, just who all joined the president on his South American trip? Surely not big shots with GE and Westinghouse and the likes.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Mar 21, 2011, at 11:32 PM
  • Just an oversight, Wheels ... geez ... It could happen to anyone. ~cough~

No idea what paying sales taxes monthly means. I thought when a person bought something, they had to pay the sales taxes like ... right then, or when they went to the license bureau?

-- Posted by gurusmom on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 12:22 AM
  • Gurus, Many car loans finance the sales tax into the monthly payment. I don't know of any way that could slip by.

The personal property taxes on a car have to be paid in Missouri before you can get plates on a car, not sure if airplanes have the equivelent of liscens plates yearly. It may be very well left to the owner to disclose as it is with livestock, machinery and such.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 12:34 AM
  • wheels, I'll bet you're sorry you voted for McCaskill now.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 7:34 AM
  • wheels, I'll bet you're sorry you voted for McCaskill now.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 7:34 AM

Dexter,

I don't have that mistake on my conscience, like you do.

It only took one call to her office to convince me the Queen of nursing home fame was a poor choice.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 9:15 AM
  • Just opening the mail forwarded from home.

Claire would like a donation of $35, $50, $100 or more for her re-election campaign.

The letter says "I'm focused like a laser on reducing spending, cutting waste, and saving taxpayer money."

Well... at least until after the election.

Lord, I hope she isn't holding her breath waiting for my contribution.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 10:14 AM
  • Is this the same McCaskill that wants the people to take up pitchforks if the Republicans don't raise taxes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdcDjQz01z4&feature=player_embedded

It's one thing to not pay your taxes, it's quite another to demand that others pay more taxes while not paying your own.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 12:19 PM
  • Claire she is the first one to support a tax increase on the businesses and the middle class wonder how she feels now about taxes, she also voted for the 10-99 issue back in December 2010 which could have been imposed on small businesses if the majority of the senate had not voted it down, Claire stated this would be a good way to raise revenues. November 2012 hurry up and get here. I wish that I was able to write out $375,000.00 check which that is the total she has reimbursed the government the past two weeks must be nice be any of us they would hang us out to dry.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 1:40 PM
  • This two-faced, lying, hypocrite ***** needs to go! She and her husband steal enuf' Federal Section 8 $'s for his nursing homes, etc. She needs audited. All Democrats out first, then start on the RINO Republicans!

-- Posted by Bearcat66 on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 3:04 PM
  • We might have our own Carolyn Mosely Braun right here in Missouri.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 3:44 PM
  • Every missouri politician should fly SW airlines. Its the closes thing we have to a missouri air line.

Is the plane even leased from a Missouri company?

i remember hearing a story about Norm Stewart. On trips to K-state and KU, he would make the driver fill up before crossing into Kansas so they didn't have to spend a dime there. He would make his team wait to eat until they reached missouri.

-- Posted by lumbrgfktr on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 3:45 PM
  • Is this the same McCaskill that wants the people to take up pitchforks if the Republicans don't raise taxes?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 12:19 PM

Yes Shapley, this would be Claire, the darling of the left.

If you can go to hell for lying the same as you do for stealing, Claire is in danger of running into someone else with a pitchfork.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 7:08 PM
  • Rick,

I would say she is.

She also belongs to the Don't do as I do.... Do as I say Class.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 7:14 PM
  • McCaskill is probably a millionaire herself several times over , is she in the dreaded "2%" she hates so much ?

-- Posted by Rick... on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 7:10 PM

It is hard for me to think that she or Pelosi can feel the pain.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 7:32 PM
  • Spaniard?

Caddy?

Common?

Going to sit this one out???

The only way a democrat takes this seat next year is if she resigns - look for that to happen.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Mar 22, 2011, at 9:20 PM
  • Gee, a politician who does not pay taxes and a Dem. on top of that. What would happen to one of us little people if we did not pay up?

Of course they dont care about raising taxes when they dont pay them......

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 7:27 AM
  • Theorist - I listen, just don't agree.

Bashing Hillary and Nancy has nothing to do with "low self esteem". I'd take Michelle Bachman, Condoleeza Rice or Margaret Thatcher any day over those two. Heck, I'd easily take anyone of them as President over Obama.

Got nuthin' to do with "strong women". Got everything to do with values.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 8:27 AM
  • There are strong women, ladies that you admire and look up to with respect. Then there are pushy b*****s!

Clara McCaskill, Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton do not make the strong women cut in my opinion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 8:30 AM
  • Any one who knows her husband does darn well this is no "oversight"

-- Posted by logger on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 10:39 AM
  • Wheels, I heard there were a lot of strong women before indoor plumbing. Men too I suppose. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 11:52 AM
  • Wheels, I heard there were a lot of strong women before indoor plumbing. Men too I suppose. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 11:52 AM

Old John,

From a political perspective, the three I mentioned smell!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 4:34 PM
  • Wheels, I will admit the first time we had a chance to vote for McCaskill I was not that well informed. From all I was hearing she was one to nail corruption and buck the system in the best interest of the people.

I'm satisfied with my I gut instinct on that vote.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 5:45 PM
  • http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-...

McCaskill's final airplane bill could include $80,000 in interest

U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill's final bill for taxes on her airplane will likely be close to $320,000, including nearly $80,000 in interest, which the senator anticipated paying.

Chump change. You whimpering peons. Don't you know who you're dealing with. Pray to God you don't end up in one of my nursing homes.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 8:21 PM
  • Like the bird with his Ooops! sign. One of Theorist's favorite saying.

Also like how Hazelwood shut down those evil Girl Scout's cookie stand. Now if there is anything I like it is code enforcement folks doing their duty. Wonder how long the owner of the barking dogs get to have them quit barking.

Go George Hutchings go. George is an activist with roots in Bollinger County.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Mar 23, 2011, at 10:42 PM
  • Shouldn't tell this, but ... Pops, bless his conservative heart, voted for McCaskill, believe it or not! And until this plane thing came up, he thought highly of her for being so 'bipartisan' ... Me, I couldn't get over the nursing home stuff (funny it was never mentioned during the campaign ... or I missed it if it was). Can't recall all the details, but 'sleazy money grubbers' comes to mind when I think about the McCaskills.

This was great, Shapley: "It's one thing to not pay your taxes, it's quite another to demand that others pay more taxes while not paying your own." Apparently not an uncommon trait among several of our leaders.

Doggone it! Admiration for 'strong women' who display unethical, hateful, spiteful, deceitful traits kind of rubs me the wrong way. Aw well, I guess one has to be 'strong' to be all those things & not only get away with it all, but praised for being 'strong' ... but I certainly don't think it's something to be bragged about or patted on the back for.

Or is it that strong women are to be admired, no matter how badly they behave? No, I think it has to do with party-leanings ... That being said ... Sarah Palin is a 'strong woman,' too ... So guess she deserves some praise for that ... ~choking~

The low self esteem phrase has about been worn out, though ... Or am I just imagining that it's been said before, and to the same person? Gee, it's Hell getting old & forgetful ...

-- Posted by gurusmom on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 3:40 AM
  • Poor Claire now the interest becomes due. Now, here is an elected official who preaches that the government and it's officials must be held accountable while in office representing the people and what does she do not pay her taxes. Claire needs to practice what she preaches.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 6:35 AM
  • http://money.msn.com/tax-tips/default.aspx?feat=183779b5-d36d-4248-b96e-ce4ac852...

IRS Warns Taxpayers: Don't Give Us Any Lame Excuses.

I wonder if this applies to elected officials, as well...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 8:40 AM
  • Me, I couldn't get over the nursing home stuff (funny it was never mentioned during the campaign ... or I missed it if it was). Can't recall all the details, but 'sleazy money grubbers' comes to mind when I think about the McCaskills.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 3:40 AM

All of the heart rending articles in the newspapers seemed to pretty much die out about the same time. When "Claire" the darling of Missouri's Democrats decided to run for the Senate.

Wonder how that happened? Just a coincidence I guess.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 8:56 AM
  • IRS Warns Taxpayers: Don't Give Us Any Lame Excuses.

I wonder if this applies to elected officials, as well...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 8:40 AM

SH,

You know darned well it does not. Look at Tim Geithner, just an error... he didn't understand... and now look where Obama elevated him to.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Mar 24, 2011, at 9:01 AM
  • The St.Louis Post Dispatch will try to help her patch up her image over the next 18 months.

Where are all of her staunch defenders.

D49... you have any comments, Suelynn.... Theorist... surely Common will defend her.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 8:37 AM
  • Don't look for any of her supporters on this thread.

They'll be out in droves once the election gets closer trying to convince us that she is "tough on crime", "an ex-auditor that goes after the big guy", "chasing down evil corporations" all the while she commits a crime, as an auditor and owns a corporation.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 10:25 AM
  • Maybe the SLP has a more liberal liberal in mind to challenge Clar, well probably not. The story linked to makes me wonder what they left out and if it may have been written to give more credibility to the next openly biased article.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 12:28 PM
  • Actually my post didn't do the newspaper justice. I like to fondly refer to it as the Post Disgrace.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 12:34 PM
  • Too "liberal" ?

-- Posted by tonto. on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 9:24 PM

Heap too liberal for me Tonto. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

They will portray Claire as Mother Theresa before election day 2012. Hide and watch.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 10:43 PM
  • I must have missed something. What does a link to a pipe bomb news report have to do with liberal or Clar?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 11:09 PM
  • Old John,

Tonto would have to answer that. I was under the assumption that his Too liberal question was in regards to the Post Disgrace. That was what I answered anyway.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 12:19 AM
  • Wheels, Off subject but just read an interesting story on Drudge pertaining to media, Soros vs Fox.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51949.html

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 12:26 AM
  • Old John,

If Fox matters so much to Media Matters... it must mean Fox is doing it's job.

The left really doesn't like their involvement with a slimball like Soros made real public, in my opinion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 1:17 AM
  • I come to praise and defend McCaskill, not to condemn her. Theorist, Ike the Spaniard, Sue Lynn, and Commonnonsense have failed to do so, so I will standing bravely alone.

Having servd in the Senate, McCaskill has observed and learned firsthand the waste and corruption of the Federal government. Having discovered so, she has bravely adopted the stance to combat it by not paying the taxes to deeprive the government the opportunity of doing so.

We should all praise and defend her, then join her, for leading the the way in defending individual freedom and liberty.

Shame on all of you for not seeing this in its true perspective.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 1:05 PM

Respond to this thread