Speak Out: Geraldine Ferraro died today

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 1:11 PM:

She was a Palin of her time. She beat Mondale in the polls and attendance at her engagements. Of coarse it was a tough one to win against Reagan. I think he won 49 states.

Oh I am sorry. I heard on here last year that Obama won by the biggest numbers in history.

Replies (41)

• Obama won in 57 states.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 1:19 PM
  • If I remember correctly, Geraldine knew that Africa was a continent and not a country. Please do not insult the deceased.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 3:38 PM
  • Is Obama deceased? I been out of touch today.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 3:43 PM
  • Insult the deceased? Sounds like that was a compliment to me. Calling her a liberal would have been a insult.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 5:17 PM
  • Hurry Theorist,

Fearro and Palin are on Fox.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 6:58 PM
  • Make that Ferraro. Too big a hurry!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 7:00 PM
  • Ther

If Ferraro were Republican you would hate her too.

And yes she had the same type of draw as Palin. Back then being a limp wristed liberal wasn't so popular.

The bad thing was her son got busted for drugs and her husband was a crook. Nothing like Palin.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 7:02 PM
  • Ferraro never even came close to intimidating anyone like Palin does the lefties. You mention the name Ferraro and it's hoo hum yawn. Mention the name Palin and the lefties shiver, foam at the mouth, then say things like Africa is a continent not a country, you can see Russia from Alaska, use the word refudiate and all their other nonsense talking points. Just wait you see they will be here soon.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 10:08 PM
  • Why was Charlie Rangle on talking about her? I saw that at work but wasn't able to hear.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 11:09 PM
  • Make that Ferraro. Too big a hurry!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Mar 26, 2011, at 7:00 PM

Really wheels/travel...that's your excuse? Looks like you corrected another spelling error to me. I'll keep making note of those like I promised, because, according to you, being in a hurry is not an acceptable excuse. Or is that just when I'm in a hurry and make the mistake? No matter, I'll keep my promise.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 1:21 AM
  • Suelynn,

Just put your big girl panties on and deal with it. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 1:23 AM
  • Wheels, You didn't and ain't gonna forget that old man pull-ups remark; are you? :)

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 1:39 AM
  • Old John,

Not likely! Noticed how quiet it's been on the threads lately? The OW's haven't had a lot to say. Got to get to bed.

Goodnight.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 1:49 AM
  • Don't get your panties in a wad Wheels/travel, just wanted you to know, I'm taking note.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 1:59 AM
  • Old John,

Not likely! Noticed how quiet it's been on the threads lately? The OW's haven't had a lot to say. Got to get to bed.

Goodnight.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 1:49 AM

What's the point? We've all learned it's a waste of time trying to converse here among the FAUX news group. It's better when you talk among yourselves and pat each other on the back.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 11:30 AM
  • The clue to know when they're clueless is when they start typing "FAUX"

Wait until the new liberal talking points are sent out.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 12:19 PM
  • Theorist, Interesting quote. Who was he, someone's ex?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 1:25 PM
  • There ya go Old John...proving my point. Remember, you are in "The No Spin Zone". Jeeze.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 2:19 PM
  • Wonder what the heck a smart wise man does?

-- Posted by Acronym on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 4:07 PM
  • -- Posted by Theorist on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 4:23 PM

Yes, unlike some I make no claims of being smart or wise.

-- Posted by Acronym on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 4:57 PM
  • Yes, some.

-- Posted by Acronym on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 5:38 PM
  • -- Posted by joekool on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 3:35 PM

Huh - If you are talking to me, YA must have missed Wheels/travel correcting me the other day when I was in a hurry...so I hope he gets your message.

Psst-I could care less about your word choice or spelling for that matter...it's wheels itch.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 5:59 PM
  • Due to a variety of reasons, mostly laziness, I use Mozilla Firefox which has an automatic spell checker built in much like Word.

I use to type in Word then paste, but there is that whole laziness thing.

-- Posted by Acronym on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 6:25 PM
  • I don't consider myself wise or smart. I just use common sense. It has worked out for everyone involved so far.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 6:50 PM
  • There have been many successful people that couldn't read so calling people on their spelling is a cheap shot.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 6:52 PM
  • Regrets,

You only get spell checked by me when you get smart azzed or start calling me names. Or... when you consider yourself superior. We have a couple around like that.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 7:29 PM
  • Regrets,

You only get spell checked by me when you get smart azzed or start the name calling. Or... when you consider yourself a superior being. We have a couple around like that.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 7:31 PM
  • Dear me, I tried to go back and correct a post and wind up doing a double dribble.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 7:33 PM
  • We have a couple around like that.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 7:31 PM

When I see them correct someone I know that is the only rebuttal they have. I'm not easily impressed by smart people. I am impressed by shrewed people.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 9:05 PM
  • There have been many successful people that couldn't read so calling people on their spelling is a cheap shot.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 6:52 PM

There are spelling errors and incorrect usage of the word "know" in your little rant. Kind of disappointing for a school teacher wouldn't you say?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel, at 9:21 PM

and another

Theorist,

Your last post..... 1 Error.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel

And I have to admit to you Regret, that I agree with your statement above, but since Wheels/travel is so hung up on it, I made a promise to him to let him know when he makes an error in his postings.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 9:47 PM
  • When I see them correct someone I know that is the only rebuttal they have. I'm not easily impressed by smart people. I am impressed by shrewed people.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 9:05 PM

Goodness, after reading my last post I bet you are disappointed in Wheels/travel. I have to again agree with your latest statement, unless you flip-flop or make excuses because its Wheels/travel.

-- Posted by concerned4all on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 9:54 PM
  • I think I must have hit Suelynn's hot button somewhere back a spell. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 10:38 PM
  • I many times don't notice the mispelling of others until someone points it out.

It's a lot easier to read someones mispelling than to understand their misspeaking.

I work with some young folks that speak a new kind of english.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Mar 27, 2011, at 10:57 PM
  • Ferraro? Isn't that one of those terribly expensive European sports cars that cham to be able to go 200 mph or so?

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Mar 28, 2011, at 1:49 PM
  • Yeah right Ike.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Tue, Mar 29, 2011, at 9:41 PM
  • So Ike just exactly what have YOU done in your power to guarantee that she runs in 2012?

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Tue, Mar 29, 2011, at 9:42 PM
  • O skip it Mo. Ike doesn't know whingding from dingbat.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Mar 29, 2011, at 11:30 PM
  • Voyager, I hear that the dems are pushing for Obama's plan for another cash for clunkers deal. But this time you don't even need a clunker! The plan is an on the spot rebate check of $7,500 when you buy a Chevy Volt.

With a deal like that you could buy a Volt for a spare driver when you loan me the Porsche!:):)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Mar 29, 2011, at 11:57 PM
  • Old John, No way is Obama and his OWs going to get near my Porsche. Miss Prizzy stays in her nice cozy garage while we make all the necessary runs in the Ford Pick um up truck. No Volt is going to get near our property line. Leave it out at the curb for the garbage man to pick up.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Mar 30, 2011, at 2:05 AM
  • OJ,

The rebate check is necessary so that libs can purchase a second Volt in case they need to take the kids to a school event while the first Volt is recharging. It is difficult to sell a $40,000. car whith a 100 mile a day range. One tree hugger purchasing two cars can double sales figures but will even that make sales figures respectable?

Last time I checked Chevrolet was selling about 300 Volts a month and was planning to produce 10,000 Volts this year. Government Motors (Chevrolet) has bet their future on this vehicle.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Mar 30, 2011, at 6:46 AM
  • What happened, Boody? A short circuit or something?

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Mar 30, 2011, at 11:57 AM

Respond to this thread