Speak Out: Wouldn't it be nice to live in Imagination Land?

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 12:54 AM:

Andrew Klavan on the culture....... Barack the magic suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOmTH1fIhBE&feature=player_embedded

Replies (29)

• Good one!

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 1:07 AM
  • Based on the contributor and commenter, I suspected before starting, that the clip would be both juvenile and nonsensical. I clicked off after "no one could prove he was borne." More crazies on the loose.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 5:19 AM
  • Common,

You will never persuade anyone of your liberality and openmindedness if you are unable to consider an opposing point of view. Of course, all the crazies on the loose are on one side. And no progressive commentator ever attacks the character of the opposition. Artistic license is no longer tolerated, is it?

-- Posted by Robert* on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 8:20 AM
  • stnmsn8

Democrats have no sense of humor. Put up a joke post and you will find out. Put up a picture of Bush running in the special Olympics and it is the funniest thing in the world even if it made fun of the s. Olympics children.

I have one dog that plays games and likes people. I have another that has no idea how to play and will bite kids. The second is a Democrat.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 9:40 AM
  • We already live in Imagination Land - the land where pride has been replaced by lies as just another acceptable means to an end.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 9:47 AM
  • Someone's been listening to the old Janice Joplin tunes again.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 10:04 AM
  • Sometimes the hard biting and irrevokable truth can best be found in humor. Something Commonsense does not seem to understand.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 10:23 AM
  • A good place to let your imagination go wild!

http://vault.fbi.gov/

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 11:05 AM
  • Funny! I remember some of the Bush videos. They were funny as well. It's really bizarre how you could make fun of Bush, Gore, Reagan, Clinton - every president - but say one thing about Obama and you're a racist or a hater or whatever else they make up.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 11:15 AM
  • They call all republican racist and then Obama puts a tax on suntan beds. Now that is racist.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 11:39 AM
  • A cracker tax!

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 12:48 PM
  • OJ that is a good name for it. What is they put a tax on dreadlocks? Jessie and All would be leading the protests.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 1:38 PM
  • Several regular posters have already achieved living in "Imagination Land".

-- Posted by Dick888 on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 1:47 PM
  • If you are not an ideologue, it is pretty funny as have been others about Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton etc.

I disagree with President Obama's policies as I have others, but he seems like a nice enough guy.

-- Posted by Acronym on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 2:31 PM
  • Spreading the hate via cartoons. This guy could have used his skills in a constructive way.

-- Posted by Unknown Username on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 5:44 PM
  • No Party,

What part of the cartoon did you find to be inaccurate?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 5:57 PM
  • Spreading the hate via cartoons. This guy could have used his skills in a constructive way.

-- Posted by No Party on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 5:44 PM

Democrats do a much better job of hating. Look at the way they HATE Palin.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 7:12 PM
  • No Party,

Telling the truth is not spreading hate.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Apr 10, 2011, at 7:47 PM
  • Here you go Ike.

Andrew Klavan (born 1954) is an American author and screenwriter of "tough-guy" mysteries and psychological thrillers. Two of Klavan's books have been adapted into motion pictures: True Crime (1999) and Don't Say A Word (2001). He has been nominated for the Edgar Award four times and has won twice.[1] Playwright and novelist Laurence Klavan is his brother.[2]

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 8:05 AM
  • As you read and post comments, keep in mind the liberal Democrat creed of 'hate what you are afraid of'. They hate the truth most. As BO said, we are the enemy since we disagree. Fine statement for a so-called uniter. What a joke! It will be over in due time.

-- Posted by jadip4me on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 10:13 AM
  • Postings since my comment about being more constructive have possibly suggested I might be: a democrat, a liberal democrat, a Palin hater, upset, afraid of this cartoon message, a James Jones cult type, and a truth hater, and a hate spreader. I made my post because I believe it is true, he could support the conservative views in a much better way, and to see what kind of comments it brought. The attacks on my statement are the actions that are hurting conservatives much more than helping. If you want to turn the tables in 2012, speak intelligently without insults, and you will gain respect. But thats not as much fun, I know. Thanks, I'm off this post now.

-- Posted by Unknown Username on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 10:35 AM
  • Apparently No Party is also very thin-skinned. He could have replied directly to any of the postings he referenced but instead he chose to take his bat and ball and go home!

And I did not understand any of the postings to contain personal insults.

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 1:47 PM
  • I realize "No Party", sure is gone, but political satire has been and will be around as long as there are politics, probably some on cave paintings somewhere, no need to take any of it too seriously.

I did not see the cartoon as being hate filled.

I am sure some will remember the skit with Ronald Reagan being so mentally addled he hit the nuclear launch button and many others on conservatives as well as liberals.

-- Posted by Acronym on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 2:45 PM
  • What was he imagining Ike?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 3:59 PM
  • "... say one thing about Obama and you're a racist or a hater ..."

Have noticed that a lot! Irritates the heck out of me. Bothers me, too, that I actually believed an Obama presidency would mean at least the beginning of the end of such things ... Guess just mainly because he himself fussed and seemed troubled by the huge numbers of absentee-fathers, gangs, irresponsibility, etc. within the Black community.

Sadly enough, it's that same 'community' that attempts to keep racism alive ... without it, there might be an end to special treatment/considerations, an end to votes just because of race (Can you imagine someone like Rangel getting elected if he were white?) ... No one really wants to know/admit that our country is in a way holding people back ... by making excuses for 'failures' or bad behavior or ...

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 5:14 PM
  • I ask again. Is the tanning bed tax racist? My answer is yes. Do that on Malt liquor and the libs will call me the KKK.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 7:42 PM
  • Agree, BC ... If it weren't for 'special interests,' guess no one would show up at election time?

I dunno, Regret ... Must be such a trial trying to find things to add taxes to, don't you think? Got to find things that won't upset any really large group?

What's interesting is ... alcohol. Mention increased taxes, and open the floodgates. Mention increased tobacco taxes and feel confident of major support. ☻

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 7:52 PM
  • PS: Tanning beds ... a tax on those who want to be People of Color? Nothing wrong with that ...

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Apr 11, 2011, at 7:54 PM
  • I do live in my very own Imagination Land and it ROCKS!!!!

-- Posted by timexx on Tue, Apr 12, 2011, at 2:03 AM

Respond to this thread