Speak Out: Help

Posted by Rick* on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:01 AM:

does anyone have experience writing scripts using the Cisco System software with inbedded Excel Spreadsheets macros ?

i assisgned my script to the Windows Task Scheduler and it runs fine except it gives the same data when it runs .

am i missing a TIME_STAMP range command in my Cisco script or am i missing the F9 function or a criterion array in my Excel macro ?

any suggestions would be appreciated .

Replies (25)

• I have used Crisco to fry mackrel but other than that I have no idea what your talking about. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:20 AM
  • Rick,

Not too bad with Excel Spreadsheets and have done macros in the past, but quite a while ago.

What you are into is foreign to me.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:25 AM
  • I have used Crisco to fry mackerel but other than that I have no idea what your talking about. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:20 AM

No. I think he is talking about the food distributing company. They have good cheese sticks.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:31 AM
  • Regret, My mistake, Cisco is the guy that delivers frozen food in the winter and always wears shorts, boots and a light jacket.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:41 AM
  • The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine. He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 9:29 AM
  • And he eat the salted peanuts from the can, too!☺

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 10:20 AM
  • Rick, My apologies for steering your thread off subject. Maybe Spank and some of the more comuter wise will weigh in. My last computer question was answered on this forum. Mine was an ID 10T error.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 11:42 AM
  • "i've made a couple already...there's tax free money to be made in real estate , insurance , weddings , local bands , etc...i wanna sign up over at the Cape Tech school to take a programming course so i can get current on the latest...i wanna get back into hacking again , make sure i don't get caught this time...☺ -- Posted by ...Rick on Mon, Jul 26, 2010, at 5:22 PM"

best be careful helping some

-- Posted by ncis on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 12:42 PM
  • nigol

sorry , this isn't for hacking use .

it's for a program to run at end-of-shift to calculate productivity , hours/parts produced .

thanx for your concern...

-- Posted by Rick* on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 2:09 PM
  • ...i was disabled 4 years ago... -- Posted by Rick... on Wed, Oct 1, 2008, at 6:49 AM

i'm disabled and don't have a new van or cell phone . -- Posted by Rick... on Fri, May 2, 2008, at 8:23 AM

"end-of-shift to calculate productivity" really?

-- Posted by ncis on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 2:21 PM
  • nigol , wow , you make my business your business ? why ?

i'm helping out a friend , nothing more , nothing less .

can i assume you will be stalking everything i do ?

-- Posted by Rick* on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 2:30 PM
  • Rick, since it is running the same data, check your Excel macro again, may be you have not included a function...

-- Posted by Hawker on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 3:55 PM
  • oh.....you boys.....

-- Posted by nolimitsonthought on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 3:59 PM
  • Hawker , thnx!

-- Posted by Rick* on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 4:13 PM
  • RICK: Yeah, I'm with OLD JOHN---I apologize for my wise-crack, too.

For me, off-the-wall responses are kinda like a cucumber-only diet: Let your guard down for just one short moment, an' they slide right-on out!☺

(Heh! Learnt that'n from my wife...!)

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 6:17 PM
  • Rick, I have stedfastly refused to this day to ever use Microsoft Word, Excel, or any of their office suite programs. I've remained true to Ami Pro word processor and Lotus 1-2-3 Spreadsheet v. 5. Does most everything I want. You can write all the macros you want out the Wazoo. Things like sales projections and probabilities. When IBM bought Lotus, they redid things and mess it up badly. I've avoided "upgrading" to anything IBM.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 9:50 PM
  • Lotus 1-2-3 was a good spreadsheet , i must admit .

Excel Spreadsheets can be inbedded in any Synax software of a person's choosing , Lotus 1-2-3 could not .:(

actually , a Synax software script can also be initiated by an Excel Spreadsheet macro ...

-- Posted by Rick* on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 10:07 PM
  • My all time favorite of spreadsheets, for it's time, was Super Calc back in the DOS days.

But I started with Visi Calc on a Model I Radio Shack Trash 80.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 10:12 PM
  • Wheels, I still have the old Tandy DOS machine, hoping it will be a collecters item that I can get $2 for at a yard sale someday.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 11:37 PM
  • Old John,

When nobody would offer even $2 at our garage sale when we moved... I set it out at the curb with a lot of other valuables.

When the MonBacks thew all that stuff in the back of the truck they had to use the compactor before going to the neighbors. You should have heard the noises that plastic made.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 16, 2011, at 11:57 PM
  • Wheels, In talking with family and friends I have learned that most of us go through a predictable cycle of collecting things we enjoy or admire and reluctance to waste something that may be used later, to time to have less stuff to keep up with, then "why did I keep this?".

I'm starting to think if I have'nt needed it in all these years, it is time to say bye bye. Now If I could get the wife to think that way about her childhood dolls and toys that are fast becoming what they call "dead men's toys". IE The folks that would pay good money to relive a part of their past by owning toys they had or wanted as children are now looking for stuff from the 70's. The stuff from the 40's and 50's would have to be pretty special and of museum quality to be worth much.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, May 17, 2011, at 12:42 AM
  • one man's trash is another man's treasure .

you never think you own much until you move .

-- Posted by Rick* on Tue, May 17, 2011, at 12:50 AM
  • "you never think you own much until you move ."

Sounds like the voice of experience. I found out the hard way. Decisions come quicker when you have sold your house, closing is in 30 days and you must leave the place a lot better than broom clean.

Sold, gave away, throwed away and still moved crap that we are still throwing away.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, May 17, 2011, at 12:55 AM
  • Rick- I keep a 2000 Office cd set and an older Micrsoft Works cd set because I really like how those particular years work, and are best for my needs. So whenever I buy a new laptop I immediately remove the Office software installed on it and install my older versions. I haven't had a problem doing this and I use Windows Vista on one computer, and Windows 7 on another. You can buy older software versions on Ebay if you do not have a cd set of the version you are use to. Sometimes newer isn't better.

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Tue, May 17, 2011, at 6:43 AM
  • adidas , thnx for the tip .

some older software versions do not have updated options required for the task i'm doing .

but you are right , most of the older software versions do seem to run better then the new , kinda like cars...

-- Posted by Rick* on Tue, May 17, 2011, at 8:05 AM

Respond to this thread