Speak Out: Obama Sustains American Banana Republic

Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 8:04 PM:

Until recently, I've rarely mentioned Obama or Democrats exclusively in any of my political rants because I believe most politicians at the top are self absorbed, egomaniacal, wicked people regardless of party.

However, I've been livid for the last two days and waiting for another to start a thread about the Banana Republic goings on concerning the wretched Obama Health Care LAW looming over us. Many businesses are going to be ruined by this travesty. Millions of individuals will be criminals and hunted down by the "additional" 16,500 new IRS agents that the Obama Care LAW demands for this communistic take-over.

It's retched enough that we can look forward to 16,500 "new " Federal Cops at IRS looking over our shoulders to nitpick US to death about a law that even the people who wrote it claimed to not know all of its details, but Commissars like Nancy Pelosi (who was up to her Botox face instrumental in this "law") can get 20% of the waivers for her political cronies. O.K., I need to catch my breath now and post more later.

Replies (14)

• We have discussed the waivers, it just seems hard to have a discussion when the Obama supporters skirt or remain silent on the issue.

The increase in IRS agents, [in my opinion from a conspracy viewpoint] is in line with bolstering executive branch and justice dept powers.

Those business that don't want to do their patriotic duty and conform are expendable.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 8:19 PM
  • Spaniard

Huffington post is as bad as Democrat Underground. Nancy "we have to pass it to see whats in it" Pelosi should be. Notice how their biggest supporters are getting a free pass? It's a wonderful thing. Why would they want to be exempt?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 8:28 PM
  • Come on Spaniard. Please don't do what the Bush supporters did for 8 torturous years. They defended Bush against people like you Spaniard and I,who denounced the freedom quashing potential provisions of the Patriot Act and Military Commissions Act.

Now Obama has those freedom quashing tools and will use them against anyone who gets in his way. He is already showing his colors with his health care political cronyism. How can you excuse this abuse of power Spaniard? I'm not picking on you bro, but please take off the party blinders.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 9:35 PM
  • Jay Carney, Obama's mouthpiece, in so many words said that the business's who asked for waivers for 2 years in Pelosi's district had special circumstances and needed government relief. They used a legal team who just happened to specialize in asking for health care waivers.

I would have asked Carney at that press briefing just how one goes about getting a waiver. Can any Joe Schmo get a waiver Jay? Or do you have to be a multi-billion dollar corporation with expensive attorneys like McDonald's employs to get a waiver Jay. Or do you simply have to be fortunate enough to have your business in the Speaker of the House's District Jay, to get a waiver?

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 9:53 PM
  • The waivers are just political script used as payback for past political contributions in my opinion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 10:10 PM
  • Where are the liberal voices who claim to look after the little people and who fight for "fairness?" Why should small business who have no cash reserves to hire a legal team be punished by Obama?

Where are you Caddie? Where are you Theorist, Spaniard, Common and other starry eyed Obama defenders? By your silence you are condoning this Banana Republic way of life that says El Presidente can choose the winners and losers of commerce and health care. If you let Obama control commerce and health care now, what else are you willing to let him control?

Please snap out of the "mind control" they have put you in Obama supporters. Don't be "mind controlled" like the Bush supporters who shilled for him even though deep in their hearts they knew something was terribly wrong.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 10:23 PM
  • Spaniard

your first link has an Obama look-alike banner in the upper left hand corner . the link has a lot of info that related to nothing but conjecture . one thing is for sure , the Government can't run a budget , it has no business trying to run hospitals..

there are two issues to consider regarding The National Care Act . First , can the Federal Government mandate taxpayers to participate in a commerce under the threat of penalty if they refuse .... Second , can the Federal Government take away freedom in trade of commerce between individual states .

both are defined in the USA Constitution .

it's not a Democrat good/Republican bad or Republican good/Democrat bad thing...it's the law of the land .

Government's first objective is freedom for prosperity and rights ~~George Washington

-- Posted by Rick* on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 10:23 PM
  • The waivers are just political script used as payback for past political contributions in my opinion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 10:10 PM

You are correct Wheels. This country is no better than a Banana Republic.

I take that back. We are worse than a Banana Republic, because they don't have billions of dollars in military hardware and civilian spy agency's to to dream up more effective ways to enslave and drain the bank accounts of the people.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 10:31 PM
  • Rick, you 10:23pm post was spot on. Good job.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Wed, May 18, 2011, at 10:33 PM
  • "Where are you... (the) ...Obama defenders?"

The very question is somewhat amazing, although regrettably not so surprising.

You create an imaginary scenario (this "Banana Republic way of life") that bears no semblance to reality, and then appear astonished when no one bothers to challenge you.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 7:14 AM
  • commonsensematters , you are correct .

The National Healthcare Act bears no semblance to reality ....

-- Posted by Rick* on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 8:02 AM
  • "but Commissars like Nancy Pelosi (who was up to her Botox face instrumental in this "law") can get 20% of the waivers for her political cronies. O.K., I need to catch my breath now and post more later."

Ike what is inaccurate in this statement?

The latest scandal in the making, 'Waivers for Favors"

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 9:00 AM
  • Watch out for those Blue Sky conspiracy nuts!

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 11:07 AM
  • The problem with Ike the Spaniard is even if he steps into a cow pie, he doesn't recognize the fact.

Or let alone smell it.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, May 19, 2011, at 11:08 AM

Respond to this thread