Speak Out: Another state tries

Posted by Old John on Fri, Jun 10, 2011, at 10:57 AM:

Alabama's Govenor Robert Bentley signed a tougher version of immigration law than the Arizona legislation. http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/alabama-immigration-reform-law-stirs-deba...

Any chance the federal government will get the message?

Replies (5)

• nope

Mr.Obama does not want to lose the Latino vote

-- Posted by Rick* on Fri, Jun 10, 2011, at 11:06 AM
  • There is something I have never understood about many LEGAL immigrants to this country. If I had went through all the proper channels, worked hard to be able to come to this country and earn my citizenship the proper way, I would be PO'd when I moved in to my new life in Somewhere, USA and my neighbor from the old country was already there cause he decided to skip all that "hassle" and just sneek in.

I liken it to when I was a kid, pop would say if you get that wood pile split before supper you can go coon huntin with me tonight. I would swing that maul all day, work hard to finish, then that night we get the dogs and he would say, "go make sure your little brother is ready, he is goin too."

I would get mad because I never understood why I had to work for the privilege of going but my brother did not.

-- Posted by Joe Dirte on Fri, Jun 10, 2011, at 11:37 AM
  • I am sure connections/luck and many other things play a part. I should have phrased my statement differently.

When I say work I dont mean it in the terms of hard labor or such that a legal immigrant would need to do. I mean the procedure itself, the time,patience and red tape that would go along with becoming a citizen. If I based it on hard labor I am sure a bigger sweat is raised climbing fences in the AZ desert than cutting red tape, possibly.

I dont really care what someones country of origin was, if they go through the legal process to get here, welcome aboard. If you dont, you should not be allowed to stay.

I understand more people apply than slots. If you are at Six Flags and want to ride a roller coaster that is already full of people, would they just let you hang on to the side even though all the slots are full or would you have to wait for your turn like everyone else?

-- Posted by Joe Dirte on Fri, Jun 10, 2011, at 1:02 PM
  • Obama is not amused. After all, he made the obligatory appearance in Tuscaloosa, spoke a few words, and left. Alabama is not one of his favorite places. Don't think Missouri is either.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jun 10, 2011, at 3:30 PM
  • He was there for a photo shoot only. He lied and left.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jun 10, 2011, at 7:14 PM

Respond to this thread