Speak Out: How I would fix downtown Cape

Posted by voyager on Mon, Jul 4, 2011, at 10:25 AM:

Sound like radical and too expensive urban renewal. Has anyone stopped to consider we can't afford it?

Replies (4)

• "he will keep signing those Municipal Bonds until we are like Cairo."

Please tell me it won't be so... I would hate to see the COE have to blow up the Birds Point Levee again to save another already destroyed town.

Or maybe next time if Cape and Cairo are comparable, they can just blow Cape's flood wall to save Cairo Illinois.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jul 4, 2011, at 1:48 PM
  • Don't forget about the coming locus and gnashing of teeth. Also the Asteroid that will hit us, the UFOs that will over throw us, the government that will sell us out, the banks that will forget us, the gun freaks that will kill us, the tree huggers that will take our guns, the state that will over tax us, the current President that will ruin us, the next President that will ruin us, the terrorist that will blow us up, the food that will kill us, the drugs that will numb us, the cameras that will watch us, the police that will rule us, the mob that will run us, the weather that will change us, the religions that will lie to us, and the future that will surly come. Plenty of gloom and doom for us all! Just pick your poison, or repent now for the end is near!

-- Posted by timexx on Mon, Jul 4, 2011, at 2:03 PM
  • Rick** I've been there my friend, like the fury fires of Hades it is. Feels as if the river Styx itself cuts threw your body dividing good from evil. Sometimes a full Exorcism in required by a High Priest from St. Louis. I prey yours will not be so bad.

-- Posted by timexx on Mon, Jul 4, 2011, at 5:07 PM
  • all that property on Broadway and Main is for sale at a price. buy it and do what you want with it. absentee landlords along broadway are the big problem.

-- Posted by insider63785 on Mon, Jul 4, 2011, at 9:44 PM

Respond to this thread