Speak Out: It's Westboro again. But now it is a family's funeral.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Jul 14, 2011, at 4:14 PM:

A family died in a plane crash and guess who is going to show their ugly faces. Funerals have people upset to begin with but this one is a family of 7.

Fred and Terresa Teutenberg and their children -- 10-year-old Will, 9-year-old Brendon, 6-year-old Ellie, 4-year-old Peyton and 2-year-old Emma -- were killed Saturday on their way home from a family reunion in St. Louis.

One day they are going to get a surprise.

Read more: http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/service-41804-teutenberg-memorial.html#ixzz...

Replies (13)

• I take it they press has been ignoring them of late, so they've decided to make headlines by picking a random tragedy and protesting there? Why this particular funeral?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Jul 14, 2011, at 4:29 PM
  • These people are sick. This is a tragedy and although the entire family was lost they still have extended family and friends that will be grieving and should not have to deal with sick minded bible thumpers. Maybe someday can find a way to legally put a stop to this.

-- Posted by semoangel70 on Thu, Jul 14, 2011, at 5:02 PM
  • Seems as if the "ignoring" of this outfit by the media---in regards to the Joplin-tragedy---did, indeed, "take the wind out of their sails", at least for a while. Now if the media would only continue with that approach? Think it'd work, again?

If I close ONE-eye, an' poke the OTHER with a stick---I can "see" the pattern of the reference to SEVEN of "something". Man, that's usin' a broad-stroke, indeed, now!

But like you, Mr. HUNTER: Why THIS family? I know he was a business-leader, but was he THAT-tainted, in the eyes of this immoral-pox of a twisted-example of religion?

I mean, I KNOW it's all about the money, as such---but why not just stick with the time-proven conventional-methods, of milking-it out of your church-members, in the name of spreading the gospel?☺!

Sorry if that came-off as needlessly-sarcastic. Bad-way to get a point across, I apologize.

But then again, maybe this should be the start of a "wake-up" call, for todays' "normal"-Christian churches...???

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Thu, Jul 14, 2011, at 6:16 PM
  • I guess my reading comprehension is weak or the article didn't say what state Niceville is in. Florida?

Gotta be pretty low to be mean in Niceville.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jul 14, 2011, at 7:47 PM
  • Old John,

I don't know where it is at either.... but there is a Methodist Church there.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Jul 14, 2011, at 8:02 PM
  • There aare moments I'm thankful I'm an Episcopalian.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Jul 14, 2011, at 11:05 PM
  • Voyager,

I get into trouble when I try to spell that!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jul 15, 2011, at 12:24 AM
  • Wheels, I have to keep a crib note somewhere myself to use occasionally!

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jul 15, 2011, at 4:53 AM
  • Fred Jr is the son of a local St. Louis area celeberty. If any of you have ever seen any of the old Dirt Cheap ciggarette and liquor store commercials, the old gravelly voiced man standing next to the giant chicked is Fred Tuetenberg Sr.

Freds famous line from all those corny commercials is "The more she drinks, the better you'll look"

As far as Westboro, eventually they will get whats coming to them.

-- Posted by Joe Dirte on Fri, Jul 15, 2011, at 8:20 AM
  • "Take heed that you do not your justice before men, to be seen by them: otherwise you shall not have a reward of your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 6:1

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Jul 15, 2011, at 8:46 AM
  • Also, I dont know if the article regret put up mentions it, but the family had came to St. Louis for a family reunion and left early so they could get back to Florida in time for Sunday services at their home church.

-- Posted by Joe Dirte on Fri, Jul 15, 2011, at 9:19 AM
  • JOe Dirt wrote:

"Also, I dont know if the article regret put up mentions it, but the family had came to St. Louis for a family reunion and left early so they could get back to Florida in time for Sunday services at their home church."

The article I read only mentioned that they were enroute home from a family reunion in St. Louis. Not that it would apparently make any difference, since the WBC apparently has no liking for any church other than their own, since all the others are Hell-bound, gay-loving, heathen churches.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Jul 15, 2011, at 9:46 AM
  • One day someone is going to come unglued. Then some poor soul will do life for for something they had coming.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jul 15, 2011, at 9:56 PM

Respond to this thread