Speak Out: Oh the heck with it! Let them all in.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 1:25 PM:

I guess this means more votes for Obama......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z9UO8ogI1mc#!

Replies (19)

• Sheriff Joe for President!!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 1:33 PM
  • I like the guy. We need more like him.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 1:47 PM
  • I like Sheriff Joe and the gal that is Arizona governor, the White House needs to take lessons from these two folks.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 4:57 PM
  • Wheels, Regret and Rick you guys would also like Senator Joe Manchin from West Virgina he belives what we believe how long can we go on like this.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 4:59 PM
  • Swanp

I like his No Budget, No Pay legislation. He sees the EPA as a problem and his restore fiscal discipline issue seem to be whats needed. He feels we need to stop some deduction tha6t are not needed but doesn't have the soak the rich attitude. I like him. He seems to be down the middle.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 6:15 PM
  • Just how much is the lack of enforcement going to cost us in dollars? We all know it is for more votes. This will be the tip of the iceberg of what will be promised and done to get them to the polls.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 6:19 PM
  • Why do we have laws concerning legal immigration if we are not going to enforce them?

-- Posted by Robert* on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 7:44 PM
  • That's the big question. It is a law. Joe wants to and other states have put laws on their books but Obama says don't enforce those laws and is threatening states not to do it.

Does he have the power to say not to enforce car theft or murder laws also? Beware of your leader. He wants to be a ruler.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 8:21 PM
  • I think I need some educating about this. Is a United States citizen a citizen of one of the several states or a citizen of the nation of the union of states?

If the first is primary and the latter secondary, I would think the states, by their constitutions would have say so on who is permitted in the states, albeit each state would honor the citizenship rights afforded individuals in other states.

If Arizona says no one is to be in Arizona that is not a citizen of one of the several states, they should in my opinion have the right to deport them if the federal government won't.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 18, 2011, at 11:49 PM
  • Does this mean that if other states have right to carry laws that their citizens may carry guns in Illinois?

It could get curiouser and curiouser.

-- Posted by InReply on Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 1:01 AM
  • InReply, In my warped thinking, yes.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 1:15 AM
  • As I understand it, before the Civil War most citizens felt they owed their loyalty first of all to their state of residence and second of all to the union. This explains why many who did not own slaves joined the Confederacy and were willing to fight because of their loyalty to the state. Military units were known by the State from which they enlisted.

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 10:31 AM
  • If I understand the situation correctly, the federal justice department has not been enforcing its own laws. Arizona passed legislation which allows local and state law enforcement to enforce the laws that the federal justice system refuses to. Eric Holder and the Obama justice department are upset because the State of Arizona is showing them up for what they are.

If I am incorrect in my assessment of the situation in Arizona, I am sure that someone on these threads will be able to correct me.

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 11:00 AM
  • Is it a coincidence that details on the latest allegations by the justice department concerning Sheriff Joe Arpaio were released on the anniversary of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry's death?

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 12:12 PM
  • The answer is, yes, let everyone in that wants to be.

-- Posted by uberfan20 on Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 1:08 PM
  • uberfan20

Not only that, but pay them to do it.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 2:11 PM
  • We must remember one of the (many) excuses for acceptance of illegal immigrants ... the fact that they generally are employed at jobs our legal citizens won't do ...

Which of course may be one of the silliest excuses we have ... Be kind of neat to see what would happen if the illegals were sent back to their own country, and people on welfare (or unemployment) rolls 'encouraged' to accept their jobs.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 8:54 PM
  • Questions of immigration laws and enforcement will never be solved when votes are to be had for federal polititions.

If a non citizen is in a state illegally by state law, the state should and does have the authority to demand deportation or right of prosecution according to state laws in my opinion.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 19, 2011, at 9:51 PM
  • Fire Obama and his Merrie Band of Misfits!

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Dec 20, 2011, at 8:18 AM

Respond to this thread