Speak Out: U.S. Population soars

Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Apr 2, 2012, at 6:53 PM:

According to the U.S. Census Bureau as of April 2, 2012 the projected population will be 313,292,361 people in the United States. Population has grown at a rapid pace during this century. In 1990 the population was 246 million. No wonder we are having all sorts of problems the system is having a hard time handling every thing since we mainly are still operating from the 20th century. Other information I obtained from the census bureau web site is as follows:

One Birth every 8 seconds

One Death every 13 seconds

One International Migrant net every 44 seconds

Net gain of persons every 14 seconds

You get a chance visit the census bureau some very interesting facts on the web site.

Replies (10)

• Here ya go. I gotta get out there and cheat Democrats this morning. They are counting on my support........

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Apr 3, 2012, at 4:43 AM
  • Go to the U.S. Census Bureau web site and you will find all the stats you need Real-ist. Nil, out of due respect I disagree with you that the population growth is down. Compare the 1990 census to the current you will find a huge difference in the numbers.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Apr 3, 2012, at 6:40 AM
  • Swamp, Nil is correct. The US population is growing slower in terms of percentages than in the past. -- Posted by Spaniard on Tue, Apr 3, 2012, at 9:22 AM

Spaniard, swamp is correct. He never said "as a percentage". He said that he disagreed that the "population growth is down". Population growth is up. His last statement says it all.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Apr 3, 2012, at 9:31 AM
  • Population growth is up, the rate of population growth is down.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Apr 3, 2012, at 9:34 AM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Apr 3, 2012, at 9:36 AM
  • You have a Social Security Number don't you? That is the Corporations, owners of the United States, proof of ownership of you.

-- Posted by Dr. Doom and Gloom on Thu, Apr 5, 2012, at 11:02 PM

I hope you don't really believe that. That Social Security number is not a product of the corporations but of the governmnet. It is not used in a way favorable to corporations and only costs them money in the long run.

Employment taxes, extra bookkeeping, etc.

-- Posted by InReply on Fri, Apr 6, 2012, at 1:02 AM
  • I would say he is a fool who knows he is a slave, and yet does not struggle to free himself.

So, my good doctor, have you burned your Social Security card yet? Have you refused to pay Social Security and Medicare taxes? Have you demanded of your employer not to withhold income taxes? Have you refused to file income taxes if your income is high enough to justify paying them?

Just wonderin'.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Apr 6, 2012, at 9:48 AM
  • Spartacus, and the thousands who followed him, laid down their lives in the fight for freedom. Patrick Henry demanded "Give me liberty, or give me death". John Brown gave his life in the anti-slavery cause.

If one truly believes one is a slave, methinks they owe it to the legacy of these honourable men to cast off one's chains, whatever the cost, and stand for the cause of freedom.

I don't believe we're there, yet. Unlike slaves, we at least have the freedom to elect our overseers.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Apr 6, 2012, at 10:01 AM
  • "The last President to be elected by the people was JFK."

JFK, who stole the election with the help of the 'Chicago machine', was the last elected President? Methinks you'll have to look further back than that, if that is your criteria.

They are all elected by the people. I'll grant you that the parties in power select from whom we get to select, for the most part. But, ultimately, it is our vote that puts them in. The exceptions being Presidents Johnson and Ford, who were propelled to office by the death or resignation of the elected presidents.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Apr 6, 2012, at 11:21 AM
  • "JFK, who stole the election with the help of the 'Chicago machine', was the last elected President?"

Thank you! I have always contended that to be the case. Daddy Joe was the money bags behind that win.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Apr 6, 2012, at 11:40 AM

Respond to this thread