Speak Out: salt water vs traditional chlorine pools

Posted by all_i_hear_is_blah_blah on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 12:34 PM:

Does anyone have experience with the salt water pools vs the traditional chlorine pools? Any useful information would be appreciated.

Replies (12)

• -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 1:15 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 1:17 PM
  • I know these forums are usually reserved for political chat, but I just thought I would see if anyone could educate me on this topic. We are setting up a pool and I have read hundreds of pages on the internet, but was hoping to find someone locally who has experience with this.

-- Posted by all_i_hear_is_blah_blah on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 1:17 PM
  • sorry, should have specified above ground pool. Thanks for the link, we regret, I will check that site out.

-- Posted by all_i_hear_is_blah_blah on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 1:19 PM
  • Although political discussions seem to dominate these threads I do not know that was the intention. I can think of no better use for these threads than sharing useful information.

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 2:32 PM
  • They have units for above ground also. It uses a smaller generator. Hayward is the one. They pay for themselves.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 2:46 PM
  • Thanks all!!

-- Posted by all_i_hear_is_blah_blah on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 4:26 PM
  • Nope, not ALWAYS-politics---and eventually, one way or another, we NEVER-fail to leave with good-info, or at least an action matinee, depending upon where our "pointer"-lands...!☺

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 8:40 PM
  • The Generators kind of handles most of the chemical stuff for you. Ive had 3 pools. Now the wife wants another.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 9:28 PM
  • SIOUX: If that's the case, you know 3-times-more about them than I do!☺

Now, I could give a link to some super-duper cesspool/septic tank additive, if anyone's interested? No, really---I'm totally serious, here. It out-performs RID-X 3-to-1, easily.

(Gee, SIOUX---you "sound" SO-familiar? Are you sure we've never "spoken" with each other, before???☺)

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 9:36 PM
  • And, in NO-WAY was I comparing a pool-vs.-lagoon.

I'm actually quite jealous of folks with their own-pool.

It's just that, in MY-case, the pool would end-up with more mud in it than my pond does.

Which is still quite well filled, thank you, even with this dry-spell.

(And, NO, the septic is almost a quarter-mile "downrange" of it, before you ask...!!!☺)

-- Posted by donknome-2 on Tue, May 15, 2012, at 9:45 PM
  • Different strokes for different folks. [I hope that ain't a copy righted phrase:)]

I made an offer to buy the property adjoining me once with a stipulation the large above ground pool and deck work surrounding it be removed.

Someone else bought it and within 3 years there was a tree growing up through the middle of the neglected pool.

When I was making an offer, all I could see there was what they term an attractive nusiance and higher insurance rates adding to rental expense.

My swimming hole growing up was the farm pond, the diversion channel and a few memorable trips to Twin Bridges in Bollinger County. :)

Blah Blah, Hope it works out with lots of enjoyment for you!

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, May 16, 2012, at 12:39 AM

Respond to this thread