Speak Out: More Gov Waste After Levee Breach

Posted by MikeSlack on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 11:40 AM:

We should all be concerned by the insult added to injury of last year's levee breach, flooding 200,000 acres of farmland and this year's lack of transparency in spending and apparent millions of dollars in wasted tax dollars.

http://truthfarmer.wordpress.com/

Replies (9)

• Thanks for posting this. Incredible waste of money. But according to Obama we have a "revenue" problem - not a spending problem.

I was even more concerned when I read the story below yours. Regarding the Lake Wappapello incident and the actions of Butler county deputies and a federal employee. Unbelievable. I hope the people in that incident can update us all on the progress of any follow up action against them.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 1:47 PM
  • Again - I'm ALWAYS shocked with your responses. Can you seriously not interpret what I said - seriously?

Money is being wasted yet YOUR president says we don't have a spending problem, we have a "revenue" problem (liberal-speak for higher taxes). This is a perfect example - along with billions in wasted spending on Solyndra, etc. - that he is wrong.

Now answer my question. Do we have a spending problem or a revenue problem Theorist? Careful - don't counteract your president!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 2:16 PM
  • Theorist thinks the government can operate more efficiently than private enterprise. She said so yesterday.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 3:58 PM
  • They should just let it go back to swamp.

-- Posted by Therealworld on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 4:38 PM
  • We have a spending problem AND a revenue problem.

-- Posted by Theorist on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 2:50 PM

They have a revenue problem because of their spending Ther!

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 4:57 PM
  • Maybe someone should have looked at the specs the corps have for the reconstruction of the levy before they think they can do the job with 10 dozers. BTW... Is Cairo worth that much?

I do this for a living so I do have a little better idea of what it takes to do the job.

About the thing ay Wapapello..... Sorry but no politicking is the rule on federal land. The Rangers showed their AZ that weekend.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 5:09 PM
  • Wheels

I ain't even gonna try to guess what Theorist thinks...shoot , I dunno what I'm thinking half the time...

-- Posted by Rickʘ on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 4:14 PM

Rick,

I wasn't guessing. I asked the following question and received the answer below.

3a.) Should the government be in the charity business?

The government should aid in humanitarian efforts. They have the contacts and means to do this that individuals do not have. I do not consider this charity business. Hint...some charities have not done such a great job with the money given to them...

-- Posted by Theorist on Wed, Jul 11, 2012, at 7:57 PM

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 7:34 PM
  • mayhaps you could of bid on this job , no ?

-- Posted by Rickʘ on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 7:28 PM

I looked at it but way it's over my head. The soil transportation alone was a nightmare. Some people think it is just a pile of dirt. It is an engineered pile of dirt.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 9:58 PM
  • Maybe someone should have looked at the specs the corps have for the reconstruction of the levy before they think they can do the job with 10 dozers. BTW... Is Cairo worth that much?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 5:09 PM

Maybe we folks in Cairo aren't worth that much, but, perhaps all those folks and all that farm land that flooded north of the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers would have been spared some of their loss if the levee had never been built in the first place. Unless they leave it flat until the next major flood, we'll never know, will we?

-- Posted by InReply on Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 10:11 PM

Respond to this thread