Speak Out: someone please help me..

Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 2:47 AM:

Easy, Easy. You have a lot of questions, and it's 2:48 in the a.m. Maybe tomorrow, ok?

Replies (23)

• Oh, here's one of Dreen's sayings:

"There are two kinds of people. Those who want to be left alone. And those who just won't leave you alone."

Hope that helps!

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 2:51 AM
  • Quit your ********, be thankful someone cares.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 5:48 AM
  • Quit your ********, be thankful someone cares.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 5:48 AM

Who?

Easy

Don't worry. Soon we will all be broke together. You are NOT really poor until you are hungry.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 7:49 AM
  • why I am considered so helpless that I need a Federal Mandate to survive?

You do not. Helplessness is your choice.

- - - - - - - -

"...the logic behind the ACA and why it is even necessary?

ACA is to ensure that all Americans have health insurance. It is necessary because so many of the uninsured get treatment at emergency rooms and charge their treatment to the rest of us. It was also required to install sensible controls on insurance companies in their management of policies, and to guarantee policy holders a justifiable return on their premiums.

Those on Medicaid will see virtually no difference in their program.

- - - - - - - -

"...some posters insist on speaking for me..."

That is your decision as to whether someone else is "speaking for" you. If you don't know what your "wants and needs" are, that's your business. If you want to speak for yourself, go ahead. If you don't want to speak for yourself, don't.

"...helpless to speak for our self ?"

Your helplessness is only your business, and I would suggest that the rest of us are more than willing to let you speak for yourself.

- - - - - - - -

"...President spent $5 trillion dollars to help low income minorities out of our "dilemmas"

I sincerely doubt that the President spent any money (much less $5 trillion) for your "dilemma." Congress may have spent funds on a variety of assistance programs. Whether you choose to accept that help or ignore it is totally up to you

"...continue to live on an oppressive Government demands ?"

I have no idea which "demands" you consider "oppressive" but suggest that if you don't like or appreciate help, don't take it.

- - - - - - - -

"...more than people know , have pride , dignity , and self respect . We do not need , nor chase the almighty dollar , we are fine the way we are."

Then congratulations, more power to you. Then there should be little, if anything, for you to complain about.

- - - - - - - -

"We do not need , nor want , any pity from the President or people who feel they are doing their civic duty by speaking or doing things for us . We have no desire for other people's money. We just want to be left alone ."

Then congratulations, more power to you. Then there should be little, if anything, for you to complain about.

- - - - - - - -

"Can someone please tell me what is so difficult to understand about this?"

Nothing. What is there to explain? If you do not want any type of help or assistance, don't ask ao apply for it. That should not be so difficult to understand.

- - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - -

Note: I decided not to post my sarcastic answer, but I haven't deleted it yet. Then again, the entire post could be a joke.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 9:19 AM
  • Sure sounds like it

-- Posted by Cogito on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 9:28 AM
  • Rick,

The politicians care about you. They care deeply right up until after your vote is cast.... then they don't care again until next election cycle.

So sit back, relax, light up your camel, you have reached the promised land. Day after election in November you can saddle your *** and ride back to into obscurity for a couple of years.

I'm kind of joking... well not really.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 9:32 AM
  • easy, if you don't want help then don't take it. There is no mandate, law, bill, etc or anything out there to make you take help. Feeling sorry for yourself and telling people you just want to be left alone is not even believeable.

If the country did that for everybody who say they wished to be left alone, then we would all be in trouble. Easy, even the finacially stable and rich want help. They still want their tax breaks, and tax shelters and of course their accounts offshore in the cayman islands. Just ask Mitt.

And they want the government to extend the bush tax cuts too. So they and you are still benefiting from the governemt, but you and others say government is trying to run your lives. Many many hypocrites.

By the way, if you have received any government help and since you don't need it, can i please have my portion of the money i spent on you? I have found some others that need that money more than you. oh, don't forget that car loan money too. Yep easy, i need all that back from you.

Don't forget to send the government back the money for the streetlights and the money the fovernment used for the electrical grids to turn on your city ligghts and the money they proved your utillilty company to provide ights you use in your house,the gas the government hate use regulations they had to follow so you won't blow yourself up when you pump government regulated gas in your car. I mean after all, since we have so much gas, just everybody just start digging, i mean we got too many regulations now right. petroleum you use for your car, etc. I mean our president says hey, wait a minute you can just start pumping gas underneath the ground and runs through quiet neighborhoods, schools, communities like yours, anything can happen. we need to step back and look at this. But no, you guys say go ahed and drill, it creates jobs, who cares about blowing peole up and creating brain damage. You say the governemt regulates too much stuff.

You see easy, seems like you do need the government and programs it has for you just to help you get by, live, and even just to be alone in your house that was originally on government land that was bought by the government a long time ago.

makes ya go hmmmmmm. doesn't it. Big brother may not be so bad afterall.

If You pay back all that stuff to the government, then the government will leave you alone. See if you can get all of your friends and family to pay back all their money too, and we can getv that so called trillion dollar deficeit down real quick......ya think. Let the government know when they can expect that first payment since you don't need them anymore.

-- Posted by kcknown on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 10:04 AM
  • -- Posted by kcknown on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 10:04 AM

Caddy,

Have you lost your mind? Who do you think the government got the money from in the first place? The government is supposed to be by the people and for the people. Of course that is hot what Obama thinks and you of course. The government is all things to all people. Well the people on the receiving end anyway. The people on the paying end have a different opinion obviously.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 10:28 AM
  • wheels, the government is just as important for the people as it is not as important for other people. But you can't just get rid of the government.

-- Posted by kcknown on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 11:38 AM
  • wheels, the government is just as important for the people as it is not as important for other people. But you can't just get rid of the government.

-- Posted by kcknown on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 11:38 AM

Caddy,

Nor was I suggesting that. I was just trying to tell you the government has nothing unless we... the producers of this country give it to them, whether it be peacefully in our normally filing our taxes each year or have it taken from us by the government with force... which it will come to if things do not change.

Governement is nothing without the taxpaying citizens in a free society. The poor people and the deadbeats, which there are plenty of are certainly doing nothing to enhance the viability of government.

Once you can get it through your thick skull that the government produces nothing, you may have a start at figuring things out.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 12:38 PM
  • If I do not want anything to do with ObamaCare , what happens if I "don't take it" ??--Easy Moneys...

As you know, you get fined because they somehow decided that mandating health insurance is a tax. And no, even if you pay the strong arms, you won't be able to write off any natural health costs you may incur.

I'm with you, Easy. You can speak for yourself and this program is nothing short of an insult to anyone with a desire to be self reliant. (I'm trying to be nice and not call it a completely fascist death plan.)

-- Posted by Dreen on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 3:28 PM
  • If it helps, I don't care.

-- Posted by 356 on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 5:10 PM
  • you who say you believe that if you take government help away and people who could help others would generally do so is a bunch of crock. you know it and i do to.

That was the way the old america may have been, way way before most ot you who post on here was eve bor. It is not like that now.

The government had to step in and create programs that would kind of help those who can't at least be in the same area as those who could and did. It was only suppose to be a temporary fix.

It all boils down to greed as i have mentioned before. The rich and richest want to keep the money they have and really do not care about those who can't get just a little bit ahead.

Yes, the government programs have gotten out of hand for so long, some of those who can't just assume or figure that they might as well get what they can too.

You say, they should not get any help if they are not paying taxes on the benefits they are receiving. Well if those who are rich and supposed to be the job creator hire the ones who don't have and pay them a decent salary (not just enough to survive), actually pay them a decent wage, then they would be able to pay their fair share of taxes.

Until that is turned around, then people will still take what they can from the government.

I have been blessed not to have to rely on the government to do anything for me, but i know so many that do rely on the government.

Many of the people that i know want to get off a subsidized life but they are not given an equal opportunity. And don't say all they have to do is try. Manay of them are out their trying everyday to get a way to make it for themselves and their families, but the money driven so called job creators would rather keep the money to themselves and their taxbreaks because they make more money by not hiring people than they do by hiring.

Its a vicious cycle and those who get benefits from the government are caught in the middle of this huge vice which it is hard to get out of because the greedy and the government wants to keep them there. It is not always their fault for being on government programs. For millions, that is the only way to survive.

There are many takers of the government benefits who are ripping off the government, but there are many of the rich and richest who are fleecing off the government benefits too. It is always two sides to everything. Government cannot and never will solve all our problems, but they have to be around to try and even out the mass difference between the very well to do and those who can't even do.

-- Posted by kcknown on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 10:51 AM
  • kcknown, the government cannot give to anyone without first taking it away from someone else.

The fact is that there will always be some who are more wealthy and there will always be poor people.

Sometimes the people who are wealthy have basically stolen it, and sometimes they have earned it. Sometimes the poor have earned it, and sometimes it's the greed of others that causes it.

If we the people had to take care of we the people there without the nameless faceless 'gubbamint' in between, we would very likely do a much better job of it, and those who wished to change their circumstances would have a better chance of doing it.

All these people wanting to help those "less fortunate" should simply do so and stop making others who may not be truly more fortunate do it for them.

Some of us would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

-- Posted by Dreen on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 1:01 PM
  • Have_Wheels_Will_Travel said:

" Once you can get it through your thick skull that the government produces nothing, you may have a start at figuring things out.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 1, 2012, at 12:38 PM"

[This is probably THE gold nugget statement in this whole thread. I thought it was worth repeating.]

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 1:18 PM
  • "...that the government produces nothing..."

Why would anyone believe or think that it is the job of government to "produce something?"

Clearly that is the job of free-enterprise and the private sector. The government does have a responsibility to put rational controls on certain apsects of the private sector, but that's simply to protect others and businesses themselves from a variety of excesses.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 1:50 PM
  • commonsensematters,

"Why would anyone believe or think that it is the job of government to "produce something?"

I have heard a lot of people say, "It's only 'money', they'll just print more of it."

But we don't have money anymore. What we have is fiat script, and the dollar bill is a debt instrument.

All wealth comes from the ground. There's a difference money any wealth. Wealth is something you can use regardless of the state of the economy.

My take on it.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 2:16 PM
  • -- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 1:18 PM

Thank you... but I am far from the first to have stated much the same thing, maybe in different words.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 2:47 PM
  • Common,

Why don't you tell us what you think the function of government is. And stay within the confines of the U.S. Constitution please.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 2:49 PM
  • "...no business controlling the private sector..."

That's easy to say, until P&G or some other industry dumps toxic waste in your backyard.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 2:55 PM
  • "...what you think the function of government is..."

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 3:02 PM
  • Common,

I read your cut and paste from some other document instead of your own thinking... but that is OK and I can live with most of that. I see several items on there that are being played fast and loose with, by the Obama Administration and others before them.... such as immigration and naturalization, declaring wars, making laws contrary to the Constution etc. etc..

And not in any one of those items do I see anything giving Presidents the right to decree things by executive order.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 3:21 PM
  • "...some other document..."

...like the Constitution of the United States..

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Aug 2, 2012, at 3:44 PM

Respond to this thread