Speak Out: In about an hiour it will be over.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 4:54 PM:

Thank god we will be able to get back to Obama/Romney bashing instead of these primaries.

Replies (24)

• Yeah - for the past few days, I've felt like Jerry Clower in his tall tale about wrangling with a wildcat up in a tree, begging his friend to just shoot - cuz one of them needed the relief!

-- Posted by fxpwt on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 5:35 PM
  • What, no more robot phone calls and useless junk fliers clogging up my mailbox. How will I live without the politicians constantly telling me how great they are.

-- Posted by Therealworld on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 6:43 PM
  • Family, If any of you are reading this, I put the phone back on the hook but I've already spent my paycheck.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 6:47 PM
  • Family, If any of you are reading this, I put the phone back on the hook but I've already spent my paycheck.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 6:47 PM

Old John,

Sounds to me like you will be the loneliest guy in town tonight. Might be a good evening to just take a nap.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 7:06 PM
  • Seriously, did anyone listen to a robo call?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 7:15 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 7:15 PM

No,

I have caller ID and if it was out of the area and a toll free number I let it go to the answering machine. Had one idiot locally who was calling as 'Time and Temp'. He tricked me once. I tried calling him back to tell him how please I was to hear from him but the number was busy.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 7:52 PM
  • Wheels, Mo no call sign up just expired. I missed it. Political calls are exempt so it doesn't help in that case but gee, now I'm going to get those calls again about selling my time share. They can't seem to understand I have never owned a time share or even seen one! :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 8:02 PM
  • OJ

I wonder why those political calls are exempt?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 8:50 PM
  • Same reason the signs are off limits I guess. You can't put up a yard sign on government property but campaign signs are ok whether they block vision at an intersection or not.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 9:19 PM
  • Same reason the signs are off limits I guess. You can't put up a yard sign on government property but campaign signs are ok whether they block vision at an intersection or not.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 9:20 PM
  • Lacey Clay wins over Russ Carnahan in St. Louis Primary. Good ridance to another Carnahan. Congratulations to Lacey Clay.

Todd Akin to face Claire McCaskill. Good... and good luck to Akin in November.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 10:26 PM
  • I think I said once before, nothing good has ever come from a Carnahan in office.

Same for McCaskill.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 10:34 PM
  • I think Akin has a better chance to beat Clair. That Kinder/Lager vote is way close.

The Constitutional Amendment #2 is a blowout. That has to disappoint Span yard.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 10:40 PM
  • OJ

Wonder how the wind farm is doing?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 10:41 PM
  • I think I said once before, nothing good has ever come from a Carnahan in office.

Same for McCaskill.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 10:34 PM

Agree Old John,

Mel Carnahan lied to an organization that I was President of. If we would get our amendment off his pet bill he would give us our advisory committee to regulators as we wanted. The lying so and so told us he would do it by Executive Order and let us suggest the committee that we wanted. It was my misguided thought that we could believe him as I was left with the yes or no decision to do his bidding or not. It then took a year to get him to create the advisory committee as he promised and for our insistence that he do as agreed.... he staffed the advisory committee we asked for with people opposed to our goals.

I wouldn't vote for a Carnahan if they were the last politician left standing in Missouri.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 11:23 PM
  • The Constitutional Amendment #2 is a blowout. That has to disappoint Span yard.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 10:40 PM

Disappoints me too.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 5:22 AM
  • Oh yes, let so called christians tell us how to live, and then disappoint us when we see their actions.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 5:42 AM
  • Rick V, I voted against the amendment thinking we don't need more laws. Now someone is going to be upset when non-Christians demand their equal rights with "We shall now pray to the golden calf" at the opening of school assemblies and functions.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 8:50 AM
  • -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 7, 2012, at 11:23 PM

I bet that got under your skin.

An small association I am in hired a lobbyist to help get some standards put in place for our industry. We soon received a letter stating everything looked good and would soon be introduced into legislation. That's where it ended over 10 years ago. It cost us $110,000 and people said we got off cheap.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 9:05 AM
  • Easy Money,

That constitutional amendment won't change anything. It was a cheap political trick on the part of the MO GOP, and Missourians lapped it up.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 7:30 PM
  • Rick,

Agreed. Why should we need to vote on amendment to give us rights that we already have? The only thing new was the instruction to post the Bill of Rights in every school.

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 7:54 PM
  • From the numbers voting for the amendment, it might be taken as a signal to the Obama administration that they are tired of his push against Christianity.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 8:04 PM
  • I think you got it, Wheels. Also, there have been numerous times people have been fined for having home gatherings, so that simply feeds it. But I did like posting the Bill of Rights. It doesn't insure you the right to not be offended.

-- Posted by Dreen on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 8:07 PM
  • -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 8:04 PM

I think people are tired of the few that sue to have anything religious removed from government property or throw in our faces their atheist views, as the gay and lesbians do, as if we are parasites or ignorant.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Aug 8, 2012, at 9:24 PM

Respond to this thread