Speak Out: Romney + Ryan = Hope

Posted by Mr Right on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 11:24 AM:

Wish list: less government spending with a balanced budget before it is too late.

Replies (28)

• Be careful! Less spending will destroy the country. Ask any liberal.....

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 1:21 PM
  • Romney/Ryan in 2012 bring leadership back to America.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 2:28 PM
  • If spending cuts are not to be, the only way is to increase revenue by unleashing the power of free enterprise....regulation and taxation on business returned to the states to create competition in manufacturing and other areas would be a start.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 7:02 PM
  • Thank you John.

-- Posted by Mr Right on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 7:53 PM
  • Yes, well, what would Josie Wales do? Probably hang them all and start over.

-- Posted by dchannes on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 8:08 PM
  • Yes, well, what would Josie Wales do? Probably hang them all and start over.

-- Posted by dchannes

After he spit a big ol' wad of tobacco juice in their eye!

-- Posted by Data48 on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 8:12 PM
  • Not piddly little 1%-2% cuts or fantasy of holding Congress sitting idle for the next 10 years while the economy grows at an very optimistically high rate (ala the Ryan plan).

-- Posted by Nil on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 2:54 PM

Just take that little piddly 2% from $6 trillion which adds up to $120,000,000,000. Who cares about a lousy amount that small. That is the average taxes that 12,000,000 hardworking TAXPAYERS pay each year. That is what I see wrong with this picture. Liberals forgetting the value of my dollar.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 9:22 PM
  • So true.

-- Posted by Mr Right on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 9:49 PM
  • BC

I understand you point but 4 more years of Obama will be a hard pill to swallow. There are trillions of dollars that are ready to be invested but will be rat holed another 4 years if he is reelected.

I prefer to vote for the least consumptive of the two instead of setting back and giving this election to Obama by not voting or wasting my vote as a sign of rejection of both candidates.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 10:34 PM
  • I vote for that. I feel a change is coming.

-- Posted by Mr Right on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:15 AM
  • R and R equals, HOPE?? Hope you are not depending on social security and medicare.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 6:02 AM
  • BC,

I talked to a group in Poplar Bluff last night. There is a huge generational gap between the way that the X'ers and the Y's, and the Boomers view government and politics in general. Mentioning ending SS, our aggressive foreign policy, and the war on drugs (in addition to other moral issues) is generally positively accepted by my generation, and resisted by the Boomers. The only "hope" for this country is not through propping up the duopoly, but through continuing down the road of decentralization (which we are already well down the path of BTW).

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 7:56 AM
  • If the my generation has parents and grandparents, this group is in bad doodoo.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 8:00 AM
  • R and R equals, HOPE?? Hope you are not depending on social security and medicare. -- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 6:02 AM

And you shouldn't be either. If you would just listen to the reports coming from democrats and republicans you would know that these programs are going bankrupt.

You are too easily fooled by democrats that keep kicking the can down the road. Greece - run by liberals like your president - is so far in debt they are cutting social security and medicare programs *deeply*. They have no choice.

I would prefer a choice on how to fix these programs. Others prefer to put their head in the sand and when these programs get cut drastically Obama and Michelle will be sipping margaritas in their private villa in Mexico. What will you do then?

This generation of "to h*ll with my kids and grandkids" is killing this country. It's all about "me" isn't it?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 8:14 AM
  • "Hope you are not depending on social security and medicare."

I can't believe the Democrats still have the cheek to make that argument. They stood in opposition to any effort to reform Social Security when President Bush proposed reforming it, arguing that the best thing to do was to do nothing.

Then, in 2009, far from doing nothing, they cut the financing that support it through a payroll tax cut. That tax cut remains in force today, requiring Social Security to pay out more than it takes in several years earlier than Mr. Bush's task force on Social Security anticipated. And yet, still, their only solution is to do nothing.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 8:51 AM
  • From the LRC link that BC posted...

"I am of the younger crowd and I will testify that things are really starting to change and people are waking up."

What is the old saying? Things always seem darkest just before daybreak.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 11:35 AM
  • BC,

Good read. I have had my opinions of Psychologists for a long time. This guy seems to agree with what I have been thinking.

There is nothing as dangerous as an amateur wannabe Psychologist in my opinion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 1:24 PM
  • Wheels, I have had similar thoughts about people that call themselves journalist. Ask youngsters why they wish to get into that profession and most will say they want to make a difference.

Too many do-gooders with ideas about education to. Many are h-bent on training children to be good loyal citizens reared to "give back" to society.

Oh, want a big discount on a government education?Volunteer for a term of official government community organizing while serving your country. You'll be giving back and getting back. [coming soon].:)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 3:58 PM
  • Old John,

Stop it! You're depressing me.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:01 PM
  • Having worked as a technician in psych hospitals for years, I found out that most psychologists and psychiatrists are crazy. :)

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:08 PM
  • -- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:08 PM

From one that I knew as a customer many years ago, I certainly would not disagree with that statement either.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:15 PM
  • From one that I knew as a customer many years ago, I certainly would not disagree with that statement either.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:15 PM

Let me clarify that before some of my ardent fans take it the wrong way.

He was my customer!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 4:17 PM
  • You seem pretty stable-minded to me...not that I could possibly be deemed an 'ardent' fan... :) What am I talking about....let's analyze this...no. Nevermind....

-- Posted by dchannes on Wed, Aug 15, 2012, at 10:30 PM
  • Wheels: It's too late...you can't put the tooth paste back in the tube or unring the bell. However, you have confirmed the suspicions of a lot of people on this thread, including Theorist I'm sure.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 12:57 PM
  • "Wheels: It's too late...you can't put the tooth paste back in the tube or unring the bell. However, you have confirmed the suspicions of a lot of people on this thread, including Theorist I'm sure.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 12:57 PM"

This from a guy whose screen name is "howdydoody". His posts contain about the same substance as a baby's diaper.

-- Posted by dchannes on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 3:35 PM
  • dchannes: Gee, you really embarrass a person. How will I ever be able to show my face again? And your's contain what? The same old BS all the time. So, I wouldn't start criticizing someone else if I were you.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 3:40 PM
  • Howdy,

The toothpaste never made it out of the tube. I corrected the post before it could.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 5:08 PM
  • Easy: And you have every right not to read them. That's what I would suggest to you.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Aug 16, 2012, at 7:15 PM

Respond to this thread