Speak Out: You might hate him

Posted by FriendO on Thu, Oct 29, 2009, at 9:24 AM:

But this is what a commander-in-chief does:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_fall...

It is stated in the article, but should be mentioned again that Bush never participated with this level of intimacy. He created a wall between himself and his wars.

I'm sure someone will think this is a hollow political maneuver. On the other hand, it may be just doing the right thing, and preparing for a tough decision.

Replies (11)

• PAGE NOT FOUND???

-- Posted by Turnip on Thu, Oct 29, 2009, at 9:32 AM
  • -- Posted by FriendO on Thu, Oct 29, 2009, at 9:52 AM
  • If the President is weighing his options as to how to handle our foreign policy, and if he is truly considering the horrific waste of life that the "war on terror" is producing by viewing the unloading of our fallen in Dover, then there can be no doubt that he will decide to begin to withdraw US forces from the Middle East.

If on the other hand, he decides to allocate more US military to that region, then I can only interpret this as a sick political stunt.

We will know for sure soon enough.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Thu, Oct 29, 2009, at 10:18 AM
  • I'm proud of President Obama for this gesture. Your 'hate' comment is a straw man argument generated for your own gratification. And President Bush met with many families of fallen soldiers, wrote letters and was revered by the members of our armed forces.

Appreciate the cite, but your point is ... well, pointless.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Thu, Oct 29, 2009, at 10:31 AM
  • Is this the first flag drapped coffins to arrive back in the United States in the past nine months?

Or is it the first ones to arrive while there is a lot of heat from all sides to make a decision that suits their own agendas?

Just curious. But you cannot be all things to all people and still be a leader.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Oct 29, 2009, at 12:15 PM
  • Maybe next time he can fly in on a fighter jet & in a flight suit and declare "Mission Accomplished" to help demonstrate the line between humility and photo-op?

-- Posted by FriendO on Thu, Oct 29, 2009, at 1:33 PM
  • Really?

-- Posted by Theorist on Fri, Oct 30, 2009, at 6:39 AM

Really!

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Fri, Oct 30, 2009, at 6:56 AM
  • Theorist and Blogbudsman, Do you *really?!* think either of you can speak for all military members?!

-- Posted by ho ho ho on Fri, Oct 30, 2009, at 7:01 AM
  • -- Posted by blogbudsman on Fri, Oct 30, 2009, at 7:31 AM
  • And Cassy is HOT! Whew! Tssssssss....

Biased? Sure. Wrong - maybe, but she laid out a pretty compelling arguement. And read the comments. Interesting, like ours.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Fri, Oct 30, 2009, at 8:25 AM
  • I don't think anyone on here can speak with any authority on "the military" and how they feel. My son served in two branches of the military and everyone he knew supported President Bush and when Rumsfeld visited a Special Operations unit at Fort Bragg, he was treated like a star. Every military member with whom I have spoken prefers Bush over Obama. Does that really mean anything? No, not really just like anyone who claims to speak for the military.

I don't support President Obama's policies, but I am glad he took the time to honor some fallen service personnel and provide comfort to the families and don't much care what his motives were.

-- Posted by RA on Fri, Oct 30, 2009, at 8:44 AM

Respond to this thread