Speak Out: Another angle.......

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 9:11 AM:

Obamacare will be a disaster.

Replies (19)

• A moment of silence please, to thank the Democrats in this country who gave us Obamacare unaided by even a single Republican vote.

.............................................................................................................................. Amen!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 9:27 AM
  • "what was free"

nothing is free

-- Posted by ratiocination on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 9:31 AM
  • nothing was ever free

freeloaders may have mooched services but someone else has been paying all along

-- Posted by ratiocination on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 9:42 AM
  • The democrats on TV and on these thread comments were pitching Obamacare as the great solution. Many of us knew the truth then and only those that were fooled are finding out the truth now. Too bad they voted for the biggest liar this country has ever seen.

Not everyone will pay their "fair share". 10's of millions will get "free" health care thanks to the rest of us.

There are, in fact, over 20 new tax increases in Obamacare. Now democrats realize their mistake and want to repeal some of them. Idiots.

Illegals will continue to get "free" health care at emergency rooms in the US. No one will be denied "free" access to an emergency room - legal or illegal.

Costs will be going much higher for health care to cover the over 30 million that refused to buy insurance before.

Many doctors are quitting and fewer students will seek medicine as a career. Get ready for the lines that Canadians already face.

And the biggest lie told by democrats is the dramatic "rise in the cost of health care". If you've been alive for more than 20 years you realize that all the hip replacements, heart stents, blood transfusions, advanced cancer treatments, knee replacements, increased medicare prescription coverage, out-of-wedlock "free" births -- all of those are the reason our health care costs are skyrocketing. Costs have risen due to the advanced treatments we now have. Not "evil" insurance companies or hospitals. If you want 60's medical prices then seek 60's medical care.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 9:43 AM
  • you sound like freeloader who wants someone else to pay his medical bills

-- Posted by ratiocination on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 9:46 AM
  • St. Louis university does not include Barnes and the CAM building. Barnes has a partnership with Washington university. SLU has a hospital run by Tenet healthcare.

-- Posted by Therealworld on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 12:11 PM
  • St. Louis University includes Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, and the old Firmin Desloge Hospital, which is now simply called St. Louis University Hospital.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 12:26 PM
  • It is my understanding that Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is actually part of the SSM Heatlh Network, but many of the physicians there are, or were when I last visited, affiliated with St. Louis University.

Children's Hospital is combined with Jewish Hosptial and Barnes to created BJC (Barnes Jewish Children's) Medical Center which is, as someone already noted, affiliated with the Washington University School of Medicine.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 12:50 PM
  • One more time for clarification.

SSM healthcare runs Cardinal Glennon in cooperation with SLU.

Tenet runs Saint Louis university hospital in cooperation with SLU.

BJC runs several hospitals by itself including the CAM building. They have a cooperative agreement with Washington University Physicians.

I know I am missing your point but this is how things are.

-- Posted by Therealworld on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 3:15 PM
  • She does not lie to me .

-- Posted by .Rick Lately on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 3:26 PM

Maybe you misunderstood. The SLU system and BJC are not connected.

I am a patient in both systems. They are different. Click on locations under these links.

http://www.ssmhealth.com/

http://www.tenethealth.com/locations/pages/missouri.aspx

http://www.bjc.org/

-- Posted by Therealworld on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 3:41 PM
  • 2014 time to pay your fair share

about time someone put a stop to the mooching off of those who do pay

-- Posted by ratiocination on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 4:04 PM
  • Also , my sister is not a liar , no matter how many of your favorite web-sites you may find to post .

Never called her a liar, but what you are claiming is simply not true. Maybe they collaborate on studies and research at times. But, they are not associated with each other!

-- Posted by Therealworld on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 4:12 PM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 4:24 PM
  • Rick, The tax on medical devices; is that on first sale or each time used as in rental or usage fee?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 6:43 PM
  • OJ

It looks like only the manufacturer pays the tax. This tax is going to cost a lot of jobs. But who cares as long as Common has his "FREE" healthcare.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Dec 26, 2012, at 8:36 PM
  • Now I thought it was gonna be cheaper?

"Obamacare Could Double Health Care Premiums: Aetna CEO"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100340096

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 5:37 PM
  • And where are the liberals that said "YOU LIE!"???? They're in hiding. They got Obama elected again and they just can't defend the indefensible. Anyone with half a brain knew Obamacare will be a disaster and likely the undoing of a great nation.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 5:38 PM
  • Rick, Regarding the medical device tax, it sounds like if someone on medicare needs a nebulizer or power chair, medicare just pays more for it, unless there is a price cap of what medicare will pay on such devices. In that case the recipient would have to pony up or have an insurance policy to pay the difference.

Some people may think Obama has a good buddy in the insurance business. I think if that is so, he surely doesn't wish him well.

I still say the whole thing is geared toward the single payer system Common and others have endorsed, that is everything paid by government.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 6:23 PM
  • I was directed to a doc on 4500 N Broadway in STL to get a DOT physical. The line was out the door. That is the future I thinks.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 9:07 AM

Respond to this thread