Speak Out: The Obamas Off On Seperate Vacations

Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 12:31 AM:

Didn't they just get back from a Hawaiian vacation a few short weeks ago?

Replies (74)

• Obama is off to Florida at a high rate of expense to the taxpayer to take golf lessons.

Michelle Obama is off to Colorado on a ski vacation.

And all of this with the debt in this country mounting and the debt ceiling needs raised again.

What are they thinking??

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 12:35 AM
  • They're thinking Hell yeah! Why not?

Air Force One may be worn out before his term is over. Those F-16s he gave away would have been a down payment on a replacement.

Regret, Don't be flying any evil corporate jet down there to get his autograph, that might rile him.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 1:14 AM
  • Does this dress make me look fat?

Uh er ah how bout, uh er, look honey I bought you a ski suit.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 2:08 AM
  • A little too much liquid courage?

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 6:16 AM
  • My first reaction to this is if they are on vacation they can't be screwing anything up,but as Nancy Reagan said, "A president is never really on vacation it's just change of scenery".

My second thought is another hugely expensive vacation is a slap in the face to the rest of us. It's not that I can't afford a little trip south to play some golf but with gas approaching $4/gallon I'm staying home. Everywhere the first family travels the local area is turned into a lockdown. Can't be good for their economy. If image is everything to this family why not try be be at least a little bit frugal with my money. I know,I know,I know, Bush did this,Bush did that Liberal friends,but he at least curtailed golf when he had troops fighting in Iraq. Don't we have soldiers and ambassadors still dying?

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 6:51 AM
  • Wheels, it's separate, not seperate, you could never be president.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:16 AM
  • Wheels, it's separate, not seperate, you could never be president.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:16 AM

Yeah Dexter, I noticed that after I had already pulled the trigger. Doesn't really change the content though. And I am not running for President, nor would I even want the job. I am not qualified for the job, which puts Obama and me in the same classification once again. D**n, I hate it when that happens.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:26 AM
  • No this is very different - it's Barack Hussein Obama. And it's always different when it comes to him. BTW - did you know Congress is on vacation too?

Speaking of Bush ( since you brought him up), he didn't give up the trail bikes that he seemed to enjoy more than golf - and we were in 2 wars then and he continued those Air Force I trips to Texas to chop wood and clean brush. Makes that pretty expensive for the taxpayers too. Bush also took more vacation days than any other modern president all the while the economy was sinking.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:32 AM
  • Obama is not a dictator or tyrant. If he were some things wouldn't be here. Namely Fox News, Ted Nugent, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity or some posters on these threads. Get my point?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:58 AM
  • -- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:58 AM

Even God took 6 days to create the universe. Give him a little time Howdy.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 9:03 AM
  • Figured this would be a volatile thread. As always the defenders of the realm can't see past Bush or the old saying "Two wrongs don't make a right". Weren't things going to be different?

Spelling OK? Punctuation OK?

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 9:22 AM
  • User

Bush had offices at the farm and worked there.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 9:33 AM
  • When LBJ started toward the the wrong helicopter and the young marine pointed and said, sir, your helicopter's over here, LBJ replied..Son those are all my helicopters.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 10:30 AM
  • Is it just me, but it seems all the 'bamazombies disappear each midday. I was puzzled by that until I realized that there is something that happens between 11 and 1. Isn't that Rush's timeslot?

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 10:51 AM
  • Is it just me, but it seems all the 'bamazombies disappear each midday. I was puzzled by that until I realized that there is something that happens between 11 and 1. Isn't that Rush's timeslot?

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 10:51 AM

Dab,

Are you trying to say they cannot multi-task? :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 11:01 AM
  • User

Bush had offices at the farm and worked there.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 9:33 AM

Yeah, I know Regret, we paid for that too. Do you suppose he also had them out at the brush pile or on the bike trail? I bet Obama has his office with him too - just like Bush. Yeah I know, but that's different...it always is...

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 2:14 PM
  • "...don't make don't make a right". Weren't things going to be different?

Spelling OK? Punctuation OK?"

Actually, no. -- don't make a right".

Should be -- don't make a right."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 3:47 PM
  • Politicians are God's.

Be obedient little citizens and worship them as they expect.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 4:34 PM
  • Thanks common, never get the squiggledy things in the right place.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 6:56 PM
  • There was a $20 million total for Bush's ranch flights. He vacationed on the cheap and spent many of those days doing Americas business from there. The press hated it and gave him bad press because they didn't like being in Crawford.

Obama is out of the office and is only available if needed during his vacations. Also remember Bush stayed at the White house on Christmas so his staff could be with their families.

BTW who said "I will not leave my desk until America is back on Track".

Obama spends $1.4 Billion a year on his family's lifestyle.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 9:28 PM
  • When a business gets so big it becomes a monopoly like was supposedly the case with Ma Bell, Anti-trust laws force it to break up.

I think a couple or more federal government agencies have gotten to the point of being monopolies and should be broken up into less powerful entities.

EPA, DNR, DoE, Commerce, Agriculture, and I'm sure there are more.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 11:23 PM
  • Wheels when are we going to be able to take 20 plus vacations a year? must be nice to be in the elite while us peasants work every day.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 9:41 AM
  • Yeah, like i said regret, it's always different for President Obama.

· George W. Bush spent 32 months at his ranch (490 days) or Camp David (487 days) -- an average of four months away every year.

He also spent his Christmases at camp David with secret service, housekeeping, cooks, and other staff. I bet none of those folks were away from their family. BTW that $ 20 mil you quoted was just for flights and didn't include food, staff and secret service expenses for Bush's vacations. By all creditable sources, Bush was the big spender of taxpayer monies...but that's not what you want to believe...it's got to be Obama, because he's different. Got it...

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 10:04 AM
  • · Ronald Reagan was away for 436 days, usually at Rancho del Cielo (his mountaintop retreat in California) or Camp David.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 10:06 AM
  • Swamp,

This peasant has never been in the position to take that many vacations a year.

I cannot think of those two without the theme song from the Jefferson's sit com playing in my head.

They truly "Moved on up to the Eastside". I guess we could call them George and Weezie. Of course George Jefferson and Archie Bunker were my two favorite characters of the time.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 10:10 AM
  • Gray writes that each round trip made to Camp David costs the taxpayers $25,350. It's also estimated that the combined transportation and personnel costs for a Camp David visit are $295,000 per day.

Bush made that trip 149 times and spent 487 days - you might want to do that math. Of course that was President Bush not President Obama and apparently that makes a difference to you.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 10:33 AM
  • GW Bush got his money from all kinds of evil private sector enterprise.

Where did Obama get his?

How many times did Laura go off on expensive seperate vacations with the girls? I'm sure there were some but I can't recall any as grand as Michelle's.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 10:47 AM
  • Laura went to Africa 5 times and at least once went on safari with her daughters. Was that grand? I'll let you decide.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 11:18 AM
  • Laura went to Africa 5 times and at least once went on safari with her daughters. Was that grand? I'll let you decide.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 11:18 AM
  • Laura Bush was also a frequent flier who often brought her daughters along for the ride.

Her first foreign foray was a ten-day trip to Paris, Budapest and Prague in 2002 with daughter Jenna, who was then 20.

The White House made sure Laura Bush had at least one "official" event in each city, but she and Jenna spent the bulk of their time at each locale shopping and taking in the sights.

During her husband's second term, Laura Bush also made five goodwill trips to Africa to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and malaria. But on an African trip in 2007, Laura Bush took Jenna and her other daughter, Barbara on safari.

Daughter Barbara also joined Laura on her trip to Panama.

BUT, that's different.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 11:27 AM
  • I think Weezie deserves to go sking on out nickel... especially when we are broke and have to borrow the money to send her.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 11:39 AM
  • 'bamazombies,come on people it was going to be different this. That hopey and changy thing,remember. Balanced budgets,transparency,bluebirds and whiskey springs. BHO and first ma'am are getting the bluebirds and whiskey part.

When did two wrongs make a right,I repeat.

BTW-BHO is on a private course playing with Tiger right now. No press or spectators allowed.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 12:31 PM
  • That's cause it's private as you said dab, and your issue is? Should I get the list of previous president with the same type experiences or is this somehow different too?

Didn't hear it from you wheels when we were broke and the Bush clan took their vacations - different somehow?

I understand BCStoned, I'm just tired of the double standards presented by some here (and elsewhere), not to include you. You are a constant in your approach to both groups.

And Rick, I agree that it shouldn't be different, but you know by reading these posts that some make a distinction when it relates to this president and his family. Laura Bush has never been disrespected (nor any other president's wife) as has Michelle Obama here or anywhere else.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:07 PM
  • And Rick, the wizards of SO know I'm talking them when I speak of different standards.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:16 PM
  • I repeat user,when do two wrings make a right? I never have,will nor in the future condone any president or any elected person for that matter to use his status for abuse of office. Unnecessary and frivolous vacations are an abuse of office.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:35 PM
  • Forgot to address the private golf course statement.

No press or spectators allowed because the Secret Service was too busy keeping tabs on Tigers security people according to the Golf Channel. Thought that was pretty funny.

Who's watching who? I'm sure well see some photo ops later.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:43 PM
  • Ski vacations and golf vacations are pretty common. We do a ski trip every year and see lots of other Americans there as well.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:43 PM
  • User

Dang you lie. No wonder you like Obama.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:56 PM
  • Ski vacations and golf vacations are pretty common. We do a ski trip every year and see lots of other Americans there as well.

-- Posted by username1 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:43 PM

So I guess you've never seen BHO on your ski trips.

So sorry,user,you tossed me a softball.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 2:36 PM
  • Really dab that's a softball to you? And did I indicate that i saw the Obamas anywhere in my response? I just said its a pretty common experience for a lot of Americans and I don't think most would consider it "frivolous". If you think otherwise I guess that's on you. lol

-- Posted by Deb56 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 4:25 PM
  • Reread the "softball", user. Guess you missed the joke.

You saw plenty of Americans and not Obama.

Too easy.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 6:17 PM
  • -- Posted by dab1969 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 6:17 PM

Y o u h a v e t o s p e a k v e r y s l o w l y w h e n d e a l i n g w i t h h e r.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 6:21 PM
  • "I went to a Willie Nelson concert in St.Louis under the Arch and some dude was walking around who was a spitting image of Willie"

That would most likely be "Almost Willy". He's from around here. I've know him since about 87. I was in Vegas in 03 and he was driving down the strip in his van.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 6:49 PM
  • Didn't hear it from you wheels when we were broke and the Bush clan took their vacations - different somehow?

-- Posted by username1 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:07 PM

I only got in on the tail end of Bush's regime with my posting on Speak Out.

Wannabe important people don't impress me very much.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 6:57 PM
  • Heads up, that link has a virus in it.

-- Posted by notrump on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 3:22 PM
  • A couple of things about BHO's golf outing.

I wonder if Tiger discussed with him the reason he moved to Florida From California? No state income tax.

BHO's golf buddies were a Halluburton VP, a guy who throws $35,000.00/plate fundraisers for BHO and the recipient of a huge stimulus payoff. HMMM?? Oh,yeah,after talking family importance he plays with one the most famous ***** chasers of our time,Tiger Woods.

I didn't put the stars in front of chasers. Big brother watching.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 5:03 PM
  • Scared

User goes skiing all the time with the Obamas.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 8:50 PM
  • Scared

User goes skiing all the time with the Obamas.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 8:50 PM

Regrets,

Do you have any grandchildren or other relatives that she may be teaching? Now that should give you something to be scared of.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 8:53 PM
  • The ideology part comes from home .

-- Posted by Dissident. on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 9:16 PM

Diss

I wish that were true. I had a high school teacher try to push a political agenda off in some of our classes and that was quite a little bit ago. The ironical part of the whole thing. He is gone and his son has run for office and won in the opposite political party.

Guess he should have pushed his political agenda more at home, left other parents children alone and stuck to teaching the subject he was hired for.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 9:38 PM
  • How many people will be able to take vacations this year with the gas prices sky rocketing? -- Posted by scared of the future on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 8:08 PM

Funny how those prices work. Right before the election last fall gas prices tumbled from their highest levels of the year and hit a near-low around election time. Then they began rising rapidly at the first of this new year.

Of course this is all "market" related.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 9:43 PM
  • Caught me on that one Dis. She said she sees Americans when she skis.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 9:50 PM
  • How many people will be able to take vacations this year with the gas prices sky rocketing?

-- Posted by scared of the future on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 8:08 PM

You are correct of course, some people will be not.

I have a different problem. I am caught down South for the winter. May have to hit some of you up for a loan to get home.

Course that could cause me hurt feelings if nobody responded or just sent a note and said stay there.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 9:57 PM
  • Wheels

I can understand when a teacher asks her kids to make sure Mom and Dad vote when there is a bond issue or anything to do with school.

They teach kids to be understanding of gays, races, and single parents but when it comes to politics they teach them liberals are good and conservatives are bad. Wealth envy is taught ASAP so it soaks in.

I really believe Ther taught them right but I know by their posts the others don't.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 9:57 PM
  • Wheels, "I have a different problem. I am caught down South for the winter. May have to hit some of you up for a loan to get home."

I'm reminded of some Bolinger county boys that went to Florida every winter and paid their way by hauling goods from home and bringing back produce.

Of course that was at 30 cents a gallon. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Feb 18, 2013, at 11:19 PM
  • Old John,

My brother-in-law showed up Sunday and said he had seen diesel somewhere, in Mississippi I think, for $4.17 per gallon. So far I have seen it at $4.059 around here. What is it in Missouri now? Food is up around here also. I have seen a dozen oysters on the half shell from $8.99 to $12.99. Hamburgers with fries in a decent place are from $7 to $10.

Oh well, I cannot live long enough to use as much fuel as Obama run through Air Force One this past weekend.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 12:16 AM
  • Wheels, Someone explained it to me a good ways back but I can't remember why diesel is higher than gasoline.

We don't seem to be in the same place at the same time recently to eat out much but since I'm the one that does the grocery shopping, I make it a point to stroke my ego with a sense of pride in knowing what's going on pricewise concerning groceries. The bottem line is that prices are going up and the sellers are doing everything possible to hide it. Smaller portions, rebranding and a number of things.

A far as the restuarant hamburger and fries, get ready to see the price of the condiments to go up. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 12:56 AM
  • Dis, I think Wheels mother's name is Weezie. He speaks of her often.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 4:41 PM
  • He doesn't seem to care if he broadcast his racist bigotry. Sad there are so many with such hatred stewing in them.

-- Posted by CSIP2016 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 4:49 PM
  • Care? Heck, he seems proud of it.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 4:52 PM
  • Dis, It has absolutely nothing to do with skiing. It was just Wheels attempt to mock Michelle Obama by referring to her using George Jefferson's wife's name. That's the kind of man he is. I expect him to start on the Obamas children next.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 6:51 PM
  • Reason and user

Obama is racist.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 7:07 PM
  • And sexist. Numerous video comments from him degrading women. And a book written by his close female friend regarding the hostile environment for women in his administration.

But he's cool, he's sweet and he's a good talker. I think he might make a good talk show host for a night time show. I'd rather have Leno or Letterman for president. Or Jimmy Kimmel. Or Oprah. At least she knows how to make money and be successful on her own.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 7:31 PM
  • Regret that means a lot coming from a wizard.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 7:51 PM
  • And even less coming from Dug.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 7:52 PM
  • -- Posted by username1 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 7:52 PM

Voting for a sexist man like Obama says all I need to know about a racist teacher. It fits.

Grow up.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 7:53 PM
  • Like I said Dug, even less.

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 8:53 PM
  • Dis, It has absolutely nothing to do with skiing. It was just Wheels attempt to mock Michelle Obama by referring to her using George Jefferson's wife's name. That's the kind of man he is. I expect him to start on the Obamas children next.

-- Posted by username1 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 6:51 PM

Sweetie,

I think I should apologize.

I like George and Louise Jefferson. They were just a sitcom but funny. Barack and Michelle are not funny. They are a disaster for our country.

So here is my apology. I apologize to you Mrs. Jefferson. You did not deserve to be likened to Michelle. I will try not to do it again.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 9:09 PM
  • Like I said Dug, even less. -- Posted by username1 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 8:53 PM

A perfect example of today's democrat educator. Can't put a single well-thought argument together. Just the name calling. You left out your usual anti-white tirade.

Try looking up some facts or thinking further than just watching Rachel Maddow. It's invigorating. Maybe even read something. I can't imagine how far behind your students are just based on your lazy attitude and low critical thinking skills - and the name calling.

Grow up.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 9:32 PM
  • Username reminds me of that teacher that put my box of Crayons in the community color box. BTW that ***** finally died.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 9:43 PM
  • Username reminds me of that teacher that put my box of Crayons in the community color box. BTW that ***** finally died.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 9:43 PM

Regrets,

I feel your pain. Isn't it funny what you remember. I remember my teacher from the 1st through the 3rd grade. I don't think she like me. And my opinion.... that was the meanest woman that God ever put in shoes.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 10:12 PM
  • Isn't it cute how all the wizards gang up together? Little men who think with one brain. And Wheels, I agree you should apologize, but you're not man enough to and instead belittle Michelle Obama again. Dug, can you be even less? Get off the dog and come up with SOMETHING new.

Love,

Sweetie

-- Posted by Deb56 on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 11:09 PM
  • Sweetie,

Look I said I would try to refrain.

As much as I would like to point out the parallels between the Jeffersons and the Obamas I will hold my thoughts out of respect for the Jeffersons.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 11:15 PM
  • "Username reminds me of that teacher that put my box of Crayons in the community color box. BTW that ***** finally died."

Regrets,

I just read the above again. I think you have a bigger problem than the teacher making you put your Crayons in the community color box.... I think Obama is going to try to make you put your hard earned money into the community cash account.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 11:18 PM
  • Spaniard is a proven liar - and a coward to boot! You ran from your own challenge. Speaks volumes.

And the fact that you support a proven racist poster also speaks volumes.

Why did you never answer your own challenge? I know why - you lied. Can't even manage a retort?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Feb 20, 2013, at 7:31 AM

Respond to this thread