Speak Out: The reason we need conceal carry.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 3:42 PM:

This is NY where the police will protect you. Well... when they get there. Here in Missouri you can have protection.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57605406/nypd-seeking-motorcyclists-from-vid...

Replies (13)

• Id rather be a coward with a gun than a brave man with a stick.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 4:16 PM
  • I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

-- Posted by left turn on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 5:19 PM
  • The guy got beat up pretty bad but he is not charged with any crime.

Had he shot one of them he would be in jail and well but facing gun law charges and time for crime.

Too bad he didn't run over more of them.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 5:45 PM
  • OJ

Put me in that situation with 100 bikes trying to force me to stop and I will not hesitate to run them over. Let a guy come up and start bashing my windows in and the Taurus "Judge" will send them to god to be sorted.

The wife crying saying that her husband was messed up didn't sway me at all. He was part of the chase party and put himself in harms way by blocking the car. She can be happy that he was acting like a thug and got what was coming to him.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 6:35 PM
  • Regret, That's typical thinking of a thug, he assumes his intended victim will refrain from the harm he [the thug] has no problem with.

The guy that got ran over knows different now.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 6:46 PM
  • Perhaps the government should ban Range Rovers? After all, who really needs a big 4-wheel drive on the streets of New York?

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 9:23 PM
  • Anyone know anything about the "Special Interim Committee on Privacy Protection" formed by House Speaker Tim Jones which is supposed to be getting to the bottom of the violation of the Missouri "Anti Real-ID Act" of 2009, via the giveaway of 160,000 (or so) CCW permit holders' information to the federal government?

Seems like the teletype kinda went silent on how/when they are going to see that someone gets PUNISHED for breaking the LAW as signed in 2009 by Gov. Nixon.

http://www.house.mo.gov/CommitteeIndividual.aspx?com=646&year=2013&code=R

They probably have another way to get the feds that information, anyway...Sheriffs are supposed to be in charge of the CCW cards being issued, but they'll probably give the info. to the central government just like the DOR did. After all, the feds give DPS and everyone else in law enforcement so much cash, it's a foregone conclusion that that information is getting sent "upstairs".

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 9:41 PM
  • Liberty

The feds say they didn't look the information sent to them and destroyed it. I have a hard time believing they did that.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 7:07 AM
  • Yes, and the IRS did not target conservative groups either. We know because they said so! :-)

Common, mic, and a few others have more faith in our so-called leaders than I do. I lost that about fifteen years ago when my older brother died.........because of lack of concern by those who are supposed to be working in our best interests. But that is another story!

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 7:17 AM
  • -- Posted by Givemeliberty on Wed, Oct 2, 2013, at 9:41 PM

I got my concealed carry endorsement renewed this week and no additional information was required beyond that which was on my drivers license.

I have been present when requests from the federal and state government were thrown in the trash can by Sheriff's or Circuit Clerks and other local officials.

I would prefer Missouri be like Arizona, Alaska and other states in which concealed carry did not require a permit, but I can live with how it is now; hopefully it will get better in the future.

-- Posted by 356 on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 7:35 AM
  • I would prefer Missouri be like Arizona, Alaska and other states in which concealed carry did not require a permit, but I can live with how it is now; hopefully it will get better in the future.

-- Posted by 356 on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 7:35 AM

I was thinking pretty much the same thing last night when I read Give Me Liberty's Post.

There is no reason a law abiding citizen should have to give up this much private information to do something guaranteed him/her by out Constitution and Bill of Rights.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 8:39 AM

Is it possible that they already have compromised your private information, i.e., that contrary to the MO law passed and signed by Nixon in 2009, that your data was already shared?

In an attempt to rectify this, the CCW permit cards (at least the new applications, I guess) are to be issued by the county sheriffs. The Missouri Sheriff's Association has a couple request for proposals (RFP's) on their site dealing with this. One is for a bid for 117 card-producing machines, which surely must be for CCW permit cards:

https://www.mosheriffs.com/view_news.php?id=984

I'm curious as to whether these machines will be "calling home to mother" with the data, just as happened before.

And, again, when are we going to hear about some consequences for the people who breached the security of the citizens of Missouri with that DOR activity earlier this year? I'm not talking about the clerk at the DOR local office. I'm talking about the people in leadership.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 9:44 AM
  • -- Posted by Givemeliberty on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 9:44 AM

Givemeliberty,

I think you can expect to hear a lot of, we are going to track down the guilty party and punish them talk.... but talk is all it will be.

From past experience dealing with our leadership in Jefferson City, most are pretty condescending towards their constituency. Make that both parties.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Oct 3, 2013, at 10:16 AM

Respond to this thread