Speak Out: Selling obamacare

Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 6:24 AM:

Replies (22)

• -- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 6:27 AM
  • -- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 6:33 AM
  • -- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 6:39 AM
  • I'm going to be sick!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 9:51 AM
  • HWWT, good thing you've got that socialized medicare, huh?

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 10:08 AM
  • Lefty,

I only have what our socialized government has forced me into. I did quite nicely on my own for the first 65 years, then I received this letter telling me how it would be from now on.

And I wasn't going to be hospitalized type ill.... just wanting to puke when I saw some of that stuff. And knowing we are paying for it to try and make Obama look like less of a failure put it over the top.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 1:13 PM
  • Wheels,if this healthcare law is so freaking wonderful why does it have to be advertised at all? It's our tax dollars being spent trying to convince people to pay taxes so the government can spend it.

Never thought I'd see Snoop Dogg type rapping, Sheldon(Big Bang Theory) drunk college boys and horny women in a Government sponsored ad campaign. And to think a buttload of overpaid bureaucrats decided this drivel would actually sell anything.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 1:56 PM
  • It is going to be interesting to watch this train wreck unfold over the next couple of months.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 9:21 PM
  • Dont like going to links, so I missed this, stinking mad over the results of the past few years, Obama managed to screw up so many lives. Go back to the streets of Chicago.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Dec 25, 2013, at 7:01 AM
  • Pajama Boy is for the hipsters, a demographic that ranks somewhere between child molesters and politicians. Nerds don't need Obamacare.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 7:32 AM
  • How many hiden taxes are in this thing? Medical expense deductions that available at 7.5% of income now start at 10% of income and now taxes of 3.8% on unearned income. Not to mention recovery of Medicade expenses by the state from the estate. Good by to that rare and valuable quilt grandma left you.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 26, 2013, at 10:38 PM
  • " I did quite nicely on my own for the first 65 years, then I received this letter telling me how it would be from now on."

And most everybody else will be getting a letter next year saying the same thing.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 12:27 AM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 27, 2013, at 11:24 AM
  • "It also does not include a flood of new enrollees for Medicaid. As of Nov. 30, more than 800,000 were found eligible for the insurance program for the poor."

Yes, more welfare.

Beginning to believe I may live long enough to see this country on the roles of the United Nations that must receive aid. Curious to see where the larger percentage of their funds come from then.

Or will England claim us back as a colony no longer able to sustain themselves on their own?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 9:37 AM
  • WAA, WAA, WAA More doom and gloom. I think HWWT meant to say he hopes he lives long enough to see the USA on the roles of the UN that needs aid. Yes, more welfare, he says. Just sc*** people who through no fault of their own can't come up to his standard of living. OK, get ready folks as he claims how much he gives to charity, etc.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 9:58 AM
  • Lefty,

If personal attacks on me are the best you have as an answer so be it. You have to be brain dead to not see adding more than 3/4 million people to the welfare rolls in a couple of months is a problem.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 10:28 AM
  • HWWT, when you were in business, did you perform preventive maintenance or did you wait until something broke down and then tried to fix it? To me treating people in a preventative way will be much cheaper in the long run than allowing them to get into the bad health position of no return. I don't imagine all those that sign up for medicaid will be going to the doctor on the first day of eligibility therefore clogging up our health care system. Just my thoughts as everybody is entitled to his/her opinion.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 10:55 AM
  • Just my thoughts as everybody is entitled to his/her opinion.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 10:55 AM

You don't seem to think I am entitled to an opinion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 12:32 PM
  • HWWT, of course you are entitled to your opinion. And I am entitled to express my disagreements with your opinions. Pretty simple to understand.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 12:34 PM
  • Lefty,

At 9:58AM you left a post that read as if it had been written by a 5th grader. You need to learn to express your opinions without putting words into others mouths.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 12:40 PM
  • HWWT, it has to be at that level for you and a few others to comprehend. I can't make it too difficult, as I have learned from the past. So I keep it simple and hope for the best. Perhaps if I notice some improvement in your comprehension levels, I will upgrade my posts.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 12:49 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 12:49 PM

Lefty you appear to have an exalted opinion of yourself. In spite of that, I will gladly engage you in a game of mental fisticuffs any day.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 28, 2013, at 12:56 PM

Respond to this thread