Speak Out: Look like the SE poll was stuffed.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 6:14 PM:

The poll that asked "Should business owners be allowed to refuse selling goods or services to homosexual individuals based on religious convictions?"

Most polls on here do well to get 750 or so votes but this one already has 2626 votes cast. I guess the gays are pumping it up to make it look like the majority of people are against it which would be a liberal and communist dream.

Yes: 4.7% (123 votes)

No: 95.3% (2503 votes)

Replies (17)

• Or perhaps the 'majority' of people are indeed against bigotry fueled discrimination.

Doesn't feel good to be in the minority, does it We Regret To Inform U.

-- Posted by notrump on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 6:42 PM
  • More liberal speech control. It is bigotry if a Christian business refuses to make a cake for a gay wedding, but I found out the other day that it isn't bigotry for a Gay printing company to refuse to print a banner that says "Being Gay is a Sin" or as the muslim preacher Obama gave a visa to the US said "Homosexuality is a death penalty".

Several liberals - one in particular - said that Christians are not a "protected" class like gays and minorities.

What minority are you referring to armistice? Are you spreading hate and bigotry?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 6:53 PM
  • I think someone had fun on their snow day. Didn't think it was possible but you can vote more than twice from the same device. Most similar internet polls do not allow that.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 6:56 PM
  • My bad. Fine print says you have to wait 24 hrs.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 7:00 PM
  • Dug, In the case of the baker, when his cakes are offered for/in exchange for money they should be sold to anyone who takes him up on the offer.

Requesting a custom made cake should be viewed as a job offer which he has choice in accepting or refusing.

The fine line [the liberal lawyer logic] would be if he offered to or implied to make any custom cakes without exception.

The reasonable logic is that he has an amount of discretion within his offer.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 7:21 PM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 8:11 PM
  • Shapley, does he have the right to deny his services and the sale of shampoo, or one or the other?

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 8:18 PM
  • Or perhaps the 'majority' of people are indeed against bigotry fueled discrimination.

Doesn't feel good to be in the minority, does it We Regret To Inform U.

-- Posted by armistice on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 6:42 PM

If you read my post I said the votes are way off the charts meaning this is being passed on to other groups so they can vote. I don't think I am in the minority in this area.

Why do you think politicians have embraced gays so much? It's just another way to sell a vote to a group that is particularly nasty when it come to their lifestyle. But as we saw during the Duck dynasty blowup they were way outnumbered when they had their fit.

I don't care what you do as long as I am not forced to bow to your lifestyle. Go watch a gay parade and see the guy dressed in leathers holding a leash attached to another guy in a diaper. Now if that was reversed and it was a woman being on the the other end of the leash all heck would break loose. The gay "in your face" things hurt your cause more than anything else.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 8:23 PM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 8:11 PM

Where's the lawsuit. Oh that's right, straight people cant do that. It would be forcing a business to do business with someone they don't agree with.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 8:32 PM
  • I saying to each his own but to rub my face into your cause is only making me revolt. When they have a parade is is filled with sexual themes instead of peace and trying to show it's about partnerships.

If I want to see whips and chains there are places in NOLA that people can go to see it but I don't want my grandchildren there. If I took them to the clubs down there and I would promptly be arrested for doing so.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 9:55 PM
  • Pedophilia and homosexuality are COMPLETELY different.

-- Posted by ssnkemp on Tue, Mar 4, 2014, at 5:52 AM
  • Should business owners be allowed to refuse selling goods or services to homosexual individuals based on religious convictions?

*Yes: 4.9% (148 votes)

*No: 95.1% (2890 votes)

Guess we know where the 148 votes hang out.

-- Posted by survivalist on Tue, Mar 4, 2014, at 7:17 AM
  • I would not refuse service to a gay even if I knew they were gay. Business is business.

As a banker that I once worked for said "Money is Green".

-- Posted by BCStoned on Mon, Mar 3, 2014, at 9:57 PM

I did a few jobs for gays. I never turned down a buck unless they were jerks.

Pummel

And are you saying there's 2890 pro gay hanging out here? To have that many when there the average is about 700 total votes seems a bit different.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Mar 4, 2014, at 8:57 AM
  • Regret, I didn't know Communists were great advocaters of homosexuality. I think the poll is showing that 3,000 people favor human and civil rights and are opposed to bigotry, hatred and discrimination.

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Mar 4, 2014, at 1:03 PM
  • Regret, I didn't know Communists were great advocaters of homosexuality. I think the poll is showing that 3,000 people favor human and civil rights and are opposed to bigotry, hatred and discrimination.

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Mar 4, 2014, at 1:03 PM

Wow 3000 just popped in all of a sudden. The ballot box was stuffed. As a democrat you should love that.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Mar 4, 2014, at 6:04 PM
  • No, I believe it's mostly based in California, the capitol of perversion and idiots.

-- Posted by blender on Tue, Mar 4, 2014, at 1:43 PM

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/gay-rights-advocate-larry-brinkin-sentenc...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Mar 5, 2014, at 9:49 PM
  • BC

Learn something every day. Roller derby is a criteria?

THE CRITERIA

LGBT elected officials

According to Victory Fund;

1 point for each federal, state, and local official in office or elected in 2012

+

HRC Corporate Equality Index 100s

1 point for each company located in a city

+

Concerts by Scissor Sisters, Uh Huh Her, Girl in a Coma, and cast of Glee

1 point for each stop since 2009

+

Fabulous shopping

1 point each if a city has Whole Foods, West Elm, or Pottery Barn stores

+

Transgender protections

1 point for every jurisdiction with laws prohibiting discrimination, according to National Gay and Lesbian Task Force

+

Gay rugby

1 point for each team

+

Bisexual resource groups

1 point per organization, according to BiNetUSA

+

Roller Derby

1 point for each league

+

Marriage equality

5 points