Speak Out: New Years Resolutions.......

Posted by Turnip on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 3:17 PM:

It's that dreadful time of the year...when one feels compelled to make a resolution. Anyone like to share....

Replies (19)

• I'll go first.....I am goin' to be nicer. Of course, the trusty 'quit smoking'....been working on that one for a couple of years now. ☻

btw, Congratulations to those who went another year smoke-free. ;o)

-- Posted by Turnip on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 3:20 PM
  • Dang it, James. You beat me. ☻ None at all, eh? Guess you won't be disappointed.

-- Posted by Turnip on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 3:21 PM
  • I promise to mock any representative, entity or supporter of the state at every opportunity. There were too many times in 2009 that I seriously debated their ******* problems. It should be obvious to all that the only thing that these hacks can do is to rape liberty. To debate the state's ******* problems is to acknowledge it's legitimacy.

I am going to take advantage of the stock market bubble and invest an old 401k in precious metals and commodities.

I am going to better protect my family from any future economic, biological, political, natural, or terrorist catastrophies by devising a "bug out" plan for whenever the **** really does finally hit the fan. This will include deciding on a central location for my family to meet, and stocking that location with enough essentials to get us through the disaster. I also want to invite my immediate neighbors to participate since including them in any discussions will ultimately benefit all of us. I will grow a garden, and teach my wife and daughters how to properly handle a gun. If you want a reason why I am going through all this trouble, refer to my first resolution. I'm not going to be one of those Katrina clowns drowning in the attic while waiting on an inept state to save my worthless ***.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 4:40 PM
  • I forgot to mention that I resolve to play more drums than ever before. I am the official drummer for two bands, and the un-offical drummer for another. Drumming is the only way that I can work out my aggression without killing something or somebody. It's also cool as hell to have a hobby that pays. In cash.

Happy New Year's to ALL of my fellow SE Missourian posters and administers. I hope that 2010 is safe, healthy and profitable for everyone of us!

-- Posted by Lumpy on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 4:57 PM
  • I don't do New Year's Resolutions either ... When one is perfect, it's just almost impossible to come up with a resolution ...

lumpy, do you remember 'Wipeout?' I LOVE that recording!

-- Posted by gurusmom on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 5:06 PM
  • I might try to think more before I post on here. It is pretty easy to read an old post thinking what an idiot and then get to the part that says posted by old John.

I might also try to think of everything that could go wrong when driving. Seems to me the roads are more dangerous than standing between a politician and a tv camera lately.

And I wish everyone a better than we deserve 2010.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 5:17 PM
  • mom,

I am no soloist. I think that the drums are purely for compliment. However, I have played The Safaris' classic on several, several occasions. I love garage rock - it is so PURE!

"Louie Louie" is the greatest song in the history of the universe.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 5:59 PM
  • Nixon and J. Edgar thought so.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 6:07 PM
  • "I might try to think more before I post on here. It is pretty easy to read an old post thinking what an idiot and then get to the part that says posted by old John."

Laughing ... sounds rather familiar when I think about it.

-- Posted by gurusmom on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 8:25 PM
  • Years ago and almost forgotten, I once took to heart an old friends suggestion for a new years resolution. "Never drive on amateur night"

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 8:50 PM
  • Heheheh - Old John - one of my many reasons for not being out-n-about tonite.

For those who may overindulge tonite, may I recommend to take two of these tomorrow morning :-)~ Suggest one will have bigger problems than a headache!

http://www.stagcan.com/images/Stagcanfans20.JPG

-- Posted by fxpwt on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 8:59 PM
  • i promise to keep pointing out the hypocrisies of the the religious right.

-- Posted by riregrist on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 9:19 PM
  • and I promise to ----- on you riregrist

rick- you stole mine, I seriously am giving up McDonalds...I discovered I could take a vacation on what I spend each year at McD's. I should naturally loose weight by not eating all those hamburgers, so my vacation will be at a beach somewhere!

guru- yes us mommas are perfect

oh, and i promise to continue ticking off megalo and all those demogods

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 9:55 PM
  • fxpwt, Is that me in front of it?

Momma, What's a vacation?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 31, 2009, at 10:31 PM
  • Why bother? They're broken before finished being uttered.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jan 1, 2010, at 9:14 AM
  • Oh, okay ...

I resolve to keep trying to discover some indication that proves individual posters on these threads do sometimes think for themselves rather than always following liberal or conservative dictates. So far this past year, I actually have suspected that from some of the posts (How about that?), so that should make it somewhat easier!

BadM ... Burger King! Healthier (cooked over flame rather than on grill) burgers than McDonald's, and in our opinion, much better tasting. AND you can find good coupons on their website.

Don't leave, Theorist!

I'd resolve to be more objective, too (that's a good one!), but the tendency to think we 'know each other' due to our communications on-line is going to be a tough one for me to overcome. I keep having the feeling that we actually are all (well, maybe one or two exceptions) good and intelligent people, and that we might even like each other in person ... Uh ... regardless of our political views?

-- Posted by gurusmom on Fri, Jan 1, 2010, at 2:44 PM
  • Rick, have you considered the possibility of making close friends with a swarm of vampires? That might be a solution for you.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Jan 1, 2010, at 11:52 PM
  • rick,

I love the History Channel!

If you have too much blood in your system, do what I did and invest in a .410. It dramatically reduces the splatter factor, even at close range.

It sounds like V'ger may be trying to reach out to you. You'll be all right as long as you don't invite him in the house.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sat, Jan 2, 2010, at 7:38 AM
  • Lumpy, are you suggesting I may not like the sunlight?

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Jan 2, 2010, at 9:19 AM

Respond to this thread