Speak Out: Producers Carry A Heavy Load

Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Apr 16, 2014, at 8:46 PM:

Census: 86 Million Workers Support 148 Million Govt Beneficiaries

Wednesday, 16 Apr 2014 02:48 PM

By Courtney Coren

More than 86 million Americans work full time in the private sector and support almost 148 million who receive government benefits, according to data from the Census Bureau.

The 86,429,000 full-time workers include anyone who worked 35 or more hours per week at least 50 weeks of the year for a business or for themselves, according to the 2012 Census Bureau data, CNS News reported.

There are two categories of individuals who receive government benefits. The first includes those who receive benefits from nonwelfare programs they paid into, such as Medicare, Social Security, unemployment, and veterans benefits.

The second category includes those who participate in a welfare program, such as Medicaid and food stamps.

Individuals benefiting from a government welfare program in the fourth quarter of 2011 included more than 82 million people who live in a household where one or more people are using Medicaid; over 49 million where someone in the household used food stamps; more than 23 million people who lived in households where someone used Women's, Infant and Children (WIC) services; more than 20 million who lived in a household where someone received Supplemental Security Income (SSI); and over 13 million who lived in subsidized housing, totaling 108,592,000 people.

The first category is made up of more than 49 million who received Social Security benefits; over 46 million who received Medicare; over 5 million who were collecting unemployment compensation; and more than 3 million receiving veterans benefits.

The two categories make up a total of 151,014,000. When the veterans are subtracted, it makes up a total of 147,802,000 nonveteran government beneficiaries.

Those who get benefits outnumber full-time private-sector workers by nearly 2 to 1.

Replies (11)

• Sounds like the whole country might be sitting on the front porch in the future if we keep pace with these figures, they will call us the "Entitlement Nation".

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Apr 16, 2014, at 9:13 PM
  • Is it a surprise that Medicare retirement beneficiaries is rising, given our aging population?

-- Posted by persnickety on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 5:19 AM
  • You often hear "figures lie", could apply here. You can work miracles with numbers.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 5:25 AM
  • You can work miracles with numbers. -- Posted by Dexterite1 on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 5:25 AM

"If you like your current insurance you can keep it. Period"

You worship the man Dexterite. You don't care about lies.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 8:19 AM
  • So,Dex,show me your math if those figures lie.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 9:36 AM
  • You are crazy. And yes, I'm calling you a name -- Posted by miccheck on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 9:08 AM

You prove your insanity in your constant defense of "all things Obama".

The reason Obama is relevant is because - NEWS FLASH - he's been president for over 5 years.

Now I know to you it's simply racist to suggest Obama should be considered responsible for anything going on in the country. Including the huge increase in welfare and the declining employment in the country.

That's why it's relevant. And I don't give a hoot what you think about that.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 9:40 AM
  • Here's some "figures lying" out today from the Washington Examiner re: a Fox poll of MOSTLY democrats: "Poll: Most Americans believe Obama lies on important issues"

"Sixty-one percent of respondents in the poll released Thursday said Obama lies at least some of the time on important issues. An additional 20 percent said he lies every now and then. Only 15 percent believe the president is completely truthful."

Those racist democrats!!! How DARE they accuse an african american president of lying. It must be due to racism. Or micchecks constant race-baiting.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-most-americans-believe-obama-lies-on-importan...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 12:34 PM
  • 39% are democrats - the largest group surveyed.

Only 15 percent believe the president is completely truthful.

24% of democrats polled think your president is a liar.

Spin that. I didn't lie about a single thing - and you would be the least objective person to make that decision on SO.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Apr 17, 2014, at 5:06 PM
  • "Why did you have to bring it up?"

But it was ok for you to start calling people racist? Why did you have to bring it up?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Apr 19, 2014, at 12:11 AM
  • miccheck,I think we are the only sane voice in the wilderness. If I said I was planting a garden "dug" would say it will fail under the present president!

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sat, Apr 19, 2014, at 7:00 AM
  • Dexterite yesterday:

"A C A premiums rising,,,,ask your neighbor that has signed up,,,don't rely on Fox news. My 5 prescriptions are now 90 days at $00.00. My monthly premium is $12.60." -- Posted by Dexterite1 on Fri, Apr 18, 2014, at 7:22 AM

Dexterite a few months ago:

"My company chose to drop insurance assistance and join a"group", my costs went from $16.00 monthly to $98.00 monthly. Thanks A C A" -- Posted by Dexterite1 on Mon, Dec 2, 2013, at 6:36 AM

Which time were you lying dexter? The first time, second time or both times? A PERFECT example of a low-information Obama supporter. You ran from this question yesterday. Quit hiding and explain your posts - so you don't look so bad.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Apr 19, 2014, at 8:33 AM

Respond to this thread