Speak Out: Bergdahl. Why didn't they just leave him there?

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Jun 1, 2014, at 8:29 PM:

This guy admitted he hated America. Left base and deserted. Five soldiers were killed trying to find him and then Obama trades 5 terrorist for him.

Replies (226)

• You aren't a veteran are you Regret?

-- Posted by left turn on Sun, Jun 1, 2014, at 9:00 PM
  • The 5 men killed trying to find him were veterans - KIA.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Jun 1, 2014, at 9:03 PM
  • Uh. Yes I am. And you? When he deserted he gave up his honor.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Jun 1, 2014, at 9:04 PM
  • Obama promised to close Gitmo, never told us was it would be after sending all of them back to fight again. All those NY lawyers don't get a chance at blue sky defending the terrorists. How sad for them after the big support for fundamental change of America.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 1, 2014, at 9:08 PM
  • Obama strongly sympathizes with these muslim terrorists.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." - Barack Hussein Obama in his book "Audacity of Hope"

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race." - Barack Hussien Obama in his book "Dreams of My Father"

"Earlier in my college career, there was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the Black community I was somehow obligated to this community and would use all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost." - Michelle Obama in her college thesis

Change you can believe in...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Jun 1, 2014, at 9:22 PM
  • This is what you get when you have a "President Gone Wild" with visions of grandeur.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Jun 1, 2014, at 9:30 PM
  • DT - excellent article. Here's another one. The guy deserted and had 5 Americans die trying to "rescue" him. Obama will do anything to score a headline. Such betrayal. Here's a first hand account from a guy who served with him:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/02/we-lost-soldiers-in-the-hunt-fo...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 7:46 AM
  • Here is some more information for you to spin miccheck. From the released so-called "prisoners" dad himself. A tweet from Bob Bergdahl:

Bergdahl's twitter account, @bobbergdahl, has apparently now deleted a tweet from four days ago, in which he said, in echoes of Islamic supremacist rhetoric, "@ABalkhi I am still working to free all Guantanamo prisoners. God will repay for the death of every Afghan child, ameen!"

So Obama negotiates with terrorists, releases their "top 5" at Guantanamo, for a soldier who deserted and whose father sounds anti-American. And of course 5 American soldiers and their families have lost greatly to try and rescue this deserter.

Just another example of how inept this president is - he found his "wag the dog" moment to take the focus off his failures with the VA.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 7:57 AM
  • miccheck - pretty callous statement from someone who has nothing invested in this war like yourself. 5 families devastated by the death of their loved ones and you call what he did "wronging to be handled".

Not a single thing I posted above is untrue re: Barack and Michelle Obama. Nothing. You can cut/paste/add/delete all you want but, as usual, your Obama bias takes direct statements from them and tries to discredit anyone who would dare repeat their words.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:14 AM
  • So you think we should pass judgement on American soldiers without a trial and leave them in the possesion of the enemy?-- Posted by miccheck on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:26 AM

Did I say kill him? Trial? What the hell are you talking about? More fabricated emotion on your part?

Did you read the part where he deserted? He walked off and placed himself in danger? He went to the other side? His father is anti-American? Did you get any of that?

Of course not. Because Barack Obama didn't get any of that and you can't comprehend anything that would disagree with something he did.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:33 AM
  • Will Pres. Pinky be held accountable if any of the 5 prisoners that were set "free" (they will all escape within a month) kills any Americans....not in this lifetime.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 9:24 AM
  • -- Posted by miccheck on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:26 AM

Do you think the lives of 5 dead American soldiers is worth the life of one deserter?

If Barack Obama can use a drone to kill an American citizen in Yemen without a trial - execution by executive order - do you see a problem with trying to get his release without releasing some of the top 5 terrorist we hold? That have been responsible for the deaths of thousands?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 9:56 AM
  • Trying to be objective, what if he was an undercover US spy and had not actually deserted, thus the reason he was captured. And why assets were used, lives lost to gain his freedom.

Point, we will not know enough of the story to judge. IMO

-- Posted by CSIP2016 on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 11:10 AM
  • maelstrom - agree except that all we ever know is what is available at the time. Apparently several that knew him were aware of his feelings and condition.

I'm not sure that any other undercover "plan" would have the release of 5 murderers from prison to complete it. Sounds a little suspicious.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 11:15 AM
  • If Obama has a choice to make and there are two options..... why does he always seem to take the one that will do the most damage?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 11:43 AM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 2:40 PM
  • More to this story then meets the eye. Now, Obama is going to try to make it a wonderful hero story out of it because he is once again campaigning but something is out of wrack with this solider and this whole story. Is he a deserted? did he conspire with the enemy? only time will tell as the truth will come out on this one. If this solider did any of this he should be court marital and held accountable convicted and sent to Ft. Leavenworth to serve time.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 4:56 PM
  • Even the big Obama worshipper MSNBCs Chris "tingling-up-my-leg" Matthews is upset about this.

This is a disaster and an insult to America and the victims of terrorism. It's interesting watching the Obama administration spin this into something it isn't.

-they have sealed the records into the detail of his disappearance to keep anyone from getting any official information of what happened

-the Obama administration threatened prosecution of the troops that served with him for saying a word about the details of his disappearance

-the administration is claiming these 5 released terrorists will not be a threat for little over a year - as if that's good enough. 18 months before being freed?

Just another example of many of how incompetent Barack Obama is. And yet his defenders are here claiming "nothing to see here".

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 6:18 PM
  • Obama needed a "wag the dog" to cover up his shortcomings. The bad thing for him is he just started another scandal.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 6:28 PM
  • Also , how do we now some type of GPS wasn't planted on the 5 terrorist who were traded so they can be tracked?-- Posted by Diseased. Turtle on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 11:55 AM

DT: I would have also placed a GPS device on the 5 terrorist and then when no Americans were around I would have a missile equipped drone take them all out. That would teach terrorist with negotiating with the USA.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 6:44 PM
  • I would have a missile equipped drone take them all out. -- Posted by semo471 on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 6:44 PM

Apparently Obama is good at doing that to American citizens in a foreign country. Probably not going to happen to these guys.

I figure this is another fulfillment of Obama's "Dreams of My Marxist Father". The worship of a man he barely knew, saw only a couple of times in his life but wrote a book about how much he admired him. While insulting his grandmother that raised him much of his life.

He has serious personal issues. And unfortunately the American people have to sit and watch him sort them out at our cost.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 6:59 PM
  • Has anyone wondered who is advising Pres. Pinky with his foreign policy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHNecEOdy7A

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 7:13 PM
  • I have a good idea. How about trading 12 million illegal aliens for that Vet held in Mexico that took a wrong turn?

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 7:29 PM
  • Boy the "cry babies" are out in full force. It does a soul good to see all you clowns complaining about everything.

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 7:58 PM
  • -- Posted by miccheck on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 7:57 PM

Do you not know the difference between a "mother" and a "grandmother"?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 7:59 PM
  • It does a soul good to see all you clowns complaining about everything. -- Posted by left turn on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 7:58 PM

I can't think of a better example of how this country got to where it is. Obama worshippers like lefty that excuse everything - and I mean EVERYTHING - Obama does.

5 Americans die trying to rescue a deserter. A deserter. A president - to score points and change the subject from the VA - ILLEGALLY releases 5 of the top known terrorists in exchange for this deserter, a man who denounces his country who has a father that public hates America as well.

And lefty says "I still love Obama. Go Obama!". The epitome of the low-information Obama voter.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:03 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 7:58 PM

....and keep telling yourself you're an "independent" Bozo...honk, honk!!

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:03 PM
  • Should have left him there.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:08 PM
  • -- Posted by miccheck on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:04 PM

A deserter? Who publicly hates his country? Whose father has publicly said as much? They HATE America - why do YOU want him released in this deal?

We should not leave him in enemy custody if they give him up or he deserts the taliban this time instead of his country. But I wouldn't have 5 Americans killed or trade 5 of the worst terrorists for him.

I'd take him back for free - if his dad would pay his airfare to get him home. And then prosecute him for desertion.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:18 PM
  • Bergdahl was taken in battle.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:25 PM
  • Could have been you guys give us our deserter and we'll take pork chops off the menu for your guys.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:37 PM
  • Bergdahl was taken in battle. -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:25 PM

Everything I've seen says he walked off his duty post and disappeared. Left his weapons behind. This came from personal interviews with those that were with him - not the administrations version.

Where did you get your information? In "battle"? A firefight?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 8:59 PM
  • Dug

Susan Rice on Sunday's ABC's "This Week".

She's a member of the current regime. They don't lie.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 9:09 PM
  • FFF - thanks! I was wondering where that came from but suspected the source might be the administration.

Thanks!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 9:33 PM
  • No problem.

Just remember, always trust in government. It's politicians love you and only want what is best for you.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 9:40 PM
  • This just gets worse. Read this article. It's sickening, absolutely nauseous.

The Obama administration lies to the families of those putting their lives on the line for their country and get killed. Then Susan Rice comes out and bold-face lies to "cover" for Obama and says this deserter served his country with "Honor and distinction".

Where are all the Obama supporters? Common? Spaniard? This is your guy. You pushed him and voted for him twice. Getting kinda tough defending this clown isn't it? Just take 5 and read this - then try and spin it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2646345/EXCLUSIVE-Outraged-parents-offic...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 9:42 PM
  • . That would teach terrorist with negotiating with the USA.

-- Posted by semo471 on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 6:44 PM

Now that is an idea!

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 9:56 PM
  • And think about all of the families affected by these five terrorists they just released...I smell a rat big time.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 10:08 PM
  • Oh, but rest easy. They are going to Kutar and are going to be inactive for one year....Isn't that just grand.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jun 2, 2014, at 10:11 PM
  • "...then try and spin it:"

Why does it not surprise anyone that the SO group has zero ability to consider this issue in a rational manner.

As for "spinning," nothing can top your current performance.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 4:55 AM
  • Bergdahl committed no crimes. The current regime says he was taken in battle. There's no reason to doubt what they say.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 5:26 AM
  • "...says he was taken in battle."

Just ask Dug, clearly Bergdahl's guilty until proven innocent.

As for the Daily Mail tirade, I would not expect Lt. Andrews' father to consider this situation rationally, anymore than I would expect Dug to exhibit any semblance of logical or balanced analysis.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 6:27 AM
  • There are more than just a few fallacies and misjudgments being exchanged within the comments from the start of this post. For example...

Claiming that six soldiers were killed because they were searching for Bergdahl is incorrect. It is factual to state that they were killed while they were searching for a Taliban commander or cell that was reported to be holding Bergdahl.

Note that nothing is said about how many Taliban that were killed during the "search" that might have survived to threaten other soldiers. This is another example of "correlation without causation."

Another gross exaggeration is how the Taliban prisoners were the "dream team" of "terrorists." What they might have done over ten years ago is very sketchy. The fact that they are well known to our intelligence makes them significantly easier to track when they ever return to Afghanistan.

The biggest omission from the above discussion is how substantial and valuable the very existence of the prison at Guantanamo Bay has been to the recruiting efforts of Al Qaida, the Taliban, and every other insurgent or terrorist group around the world. For over ten years, "recruiters" have been able to point to "Gitmo" and convince potential fighters that their main enemy is America, and "Allah needs you" to strap on a suicide vest.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 7:00 AM
  • -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 5:26 AM

You can believe that if you want to...I'm skeptical.

-- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 5:28 AM

Susan Rice said it. Therefore it is fact.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 7:09 AM
  • I can't believe our President allowed this to happen and to make matters worse had a Rose Garden news conference about it Saturday afternoon with this kids parents at the peoples house and even worse the father spoke in the Taliban language and what he said who knows. This kid said he was ashamed of America when he walked off the camp I just hope the Military hold him accountable. I have never seen anything like this before what are we coming to in this country people?

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 7:15 AM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 7:00 AM

Your above comment is very alarming IMO. From what I read and heard, those six soldiers did die LOOKING for him...The five terrorists that were released were top level terrorists in their organizations...And the Gitmo comment, well, I'm going to leave that one alone...unbelievable!

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 7:41 AM
  • "...one alone...unbelievable!"

Recall the other "Gitmo" guy...

"You can't handle the truth."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 7:50 AM
  • The "Spin Team" is back in the saddle.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 8:31 AM
  • nothing can top your current performance. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 4:55 AM

As usual, direct quotes from those involved are considered "spin" by you.

We are all desperately awaiting a cut-and-paste from the Obama administration talking points to get your "facts".

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:05 AM
  • Because leaving someone in enemy custody isn't how we punish people for crimes.-- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 5:16 AM

And sending 5 men to their death to find a deserter isn't how we reward people either. Or releasing 5 murderers for a deserter - when was that last done?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:06 AM
  • I should have read further. Didn't take Common long to cut and paste those Obama-never-lies talking points. I'll summarize the kool-aid drinking points:

"Claiming that six soldiers were killed because they were searching for Bergdahl is incorrect." - because Obama said so? You ignore the men who served and were on patrol and were TOLD what they were looking for - but believe Obama. Typical Common response and a slap in the face of the brave soldiers for a weak president. Your values are very clearly stated.

"Note that nothing is said about how many Taliban that were killed during the "search" that might have survived to threaten other soldiers." - nothing was said, but that doesn't stop you from making up a point about nothing to help Obama. It's a sickness.

"For over ten years, "recruiters" have been able to point to "Gitmo" and convince potential fighters that their main enemy is America, and "Allah needs you" to strap on a suicide vest" - because Gitmo existed before 9/11 right Common? Bush opened Gitmo his first week in office and 9/11 occurred because it convinced 19 men to "strap on" a jet and kill innoncent Americans.

The Obama boot-licking continues...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:14 AM
  • It's all good.

Releasing prisoners reduces enemy recruiting.

Looking for deserters allows more opportunity for ambush resulting in more enemy casualties.

The entire incident provides a platform for logic and fact Forward presentation.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:16 AM
  • What's the odds of the 5 newly released terrorist escaping from their confinement in Qatar before the month is over. Hopefully when all of the male suicide bombers goes to meet their 72 virgins, the virgins all turn out to be male.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:17 AM
  • Not buying it.-- Posted by Dratgud on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 8:24 AM

What are you "buying"? From the NY Times today:

"WASHINGTON -- Sometime after midnight on June 30, 2009, Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl left behind a note in his tent saying he had become disillusioned with the Army, did not support the American mission in Afghanistan and was leaving to start a new life. He slipped off the remote military outpost in Paktika Province on the border with Pakistan and took with him a soft backpack, water, knives, a notebook and writing materials, but left behind his body armor and weapons -- startling, given the hostile environment around his outpost."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/us/us-soldier-srgt-bowe-bergdahl-of-idaho-pow-...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:19 AM
  • Regardless of what happened -- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:17 AM

Spoken like an arm-chair quarterback who didn't lose a family member that day. Such callousness. Maybe you don't know what "desertion" is? Could he be a traitor? Possible trained Afghans to make bombs?

Like Common, you'll say *anything* to protect Barack Hussein Obama. Even insult the soldiers that were there and the families who lost loved ones searching for a man who left a note on his desertion.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:22 AM
  • If the USA military knew where the deserter and his captives where located, why didn't the send in the drones commander in chief take the camp out. Then if the deserter survived bring him home and have a fair trial.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:29 AM
  • -- Posted by Dug on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:22 AM

Dug,

I think we are getting close to the..... "What does it matter" stage of this fiasco.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:30 AM
  • "What does it matter" stage

Wheels, You beat me to it, exactly what crossed my mind.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:32 AM
  • Old John.... you're going to have to start getting up earlier in the morning to beat me! ;-)

☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:34 AM
  • I think we are getting close to the..... "What does it matter" stage of this fiasco. -- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:30 AM

I agree. We've already seen that attitude from Common and miccheck. It's all about protecting at best a clear deserter/AWOL, and at worst a possible traitor.

The 5-6 dead soldiers, the Gitmo top terrorists release, the clear violation of US law by Obama - "What does it matter?".

When you look back on history and wonder "How in the world did people support a man like Hitler?" you don't need to look much further than SO to see the worship and constant defense of a man in power.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:35 AM
  • Old John,

PS: It's time for you to start worrying when you start thinking like me. :-)

And the OW's don't all of you agree with that at the same time... you'll jam the server.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:37 AM
  • Just think of your backward logic. The only way to convict him would be to return him. So we have to search for a clear deserter (evidence was clear, Pentagon has previously declared such) to what cost? 50 dead? 100 dead? To try a man whose crime is disgust with his country and desertion?

And you're back to putting words in someones mouth to suit your point. I never convicted him. I'm using the EVIDENCE available. Do you not know how justice works? EVIDENCE is what you go with to determine whether or not to prosecute.

EVIDENCE is what you would use to determine if you should have American soldiers killed while the deserter is AWOL. EVIDENCE is what you should use to make a judgment on whether or not to release 5 top terrorists to return a man who doesn't like his country.

Today Obama said that the 5 will likely return to terrorist work. And you support this?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:02 AM
  • We can take out American Citizens in a foreign country without being convicted of anything, by using a drone, simply because Obama says so.

But we dare not speak of this guy we traded 5 murderers for in less than a courteous and respectful manner, why?? Because Obama has decided to honor him by breaking our laws then flying in his parents for a photo op?

Obama screwed up again! I have said this before, and while I am strictly anti abortion, this clown that was elected President for two terms, certainly makes a good case for it.

What sins did this country commit to deserve him??

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:02 AM
  • Everytime you refer to him as a "deserter" rather than anything else, you are convicting him of that crime. -- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:05 AM

Every time you claim he isn't you are ignoring the evidence of a) the written letter he left b) his comrades who said he deserted c) his own personal comments in videos and d) the pentagon's report.

Curious you give him such a pass on this. EVIDENCE is there and clear and reported. But you, like Common, rely too much on Obama talking points before making a decision.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:19 AM
  • Mr. Obama is an honorable man in freeing brothers all loyal to a common cause.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:20 PM
  • -- Posted by Dratgud on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:44 AM

Oh - sorry.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:22 PM
  • I like to think we as a nation are better than the terrorists. -- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 11:23 AM

Easy to say when your son/daughter is still alive. The fact that they sent patrols to look for him isn't as concerning as the fact that they LIED to the parents as to their sons deaths. It's a pattern with this bunch.

And who better to go on TV with white house lies about this? Susan Rice. The same government employee paid by us that lied repeatedly about Benghazi on TV. At the direction of Barack Obama.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:25 PM
  • Don't worry Dug, it's all for the greater good. Utopia is just around the corner.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:32 PM
  • How many times have you called him a deserter? Everytime you refer to him as a "deserter" rather than anything else, you are convicting him of that crime. -- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 20

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:39 PM
  • How many times have you called him a deserter? Everytime you refer to him as a "deserter" rather than anything else, you are convicting him of that crime. -- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:05 AM

Maybe you need to update your information. Get off whitehouse.gov and go to the very open press. An example today from the AP:

"A Pentagon investigation concluded in 2010 that Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl walked away from his unit, and after an initial flurry of searching the military decided not to exert extraordinary efforts to rescue him, according to a former senior defense official who was involved in the matter."

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:39 PM
  • -- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:43 PM

Says the guy who race baits and lies continuously. Being accused of lying by you is a badge of honor. It simply means that one told the truth.

Just like your lie "That doesn't negate anything I said.". Bergdahl deserted and the pentagon says so. They investigated and have made your assertions completely false. That's ok that you were wrong, but to lie about that? It's a pattern.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:50 PM
  • hose were lies, weren't they.

-- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:54 PM

According to you only. And you were wrong every time.

Again, I never said he didn't desert.-- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 12:54 PM

But you foolishly attacked those that did with absolutely no evidence on your part. You're more concerned with attacking people than discussing items. Look how ridiculous you're responses are:

"He may be a deserter. That doesn't matter."

"Everytime you refer to him as a "deserter" rather than anything else, you are convicting him of that crime."

"I never said he didn't desert."

"I've never claimed he didn't desert or go AWOL."

"Because leaving someone in enemy custody isn't how we punish people for crimes."

Did he commit a crime or not? You just claimed he did in that last post. You're just a fence sitter trying to boost your ego by obfuscating any points that make Obama look bad.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 1:19 PM
  • I am not buying that Wiffle/Regret ever served. That's what I was referring to.

-- Posted by Dratgud on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:44 AM

JS

I did my time and BTW I enlisted. How about you?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 1:28 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick the Diseased. Turtle on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 1:25 PM

100% agree Rick....Prime example was when you got corrected on the Cardinals score you posted. He can't help himself.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 1:42 PM
  • If Dug put as much effort into analyzing the Bush, Cheney, Rice and Powell lies that started this BS in the first place, we might have something. That may not happen, though.

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 2:00 PM
  • If Dug put as much effort into analyzing the Bush, Cheney, Rice and Powell lies that started this BS in the first place, we might have something. That may not happen, though.

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 2:00 PM

Lefty, in my opinion, Woodrow Wilson started this mess.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 2:15 PM
  • If Dug put as much effort into analyzing the Bush, Cheney, Rice and Powell lies that started this BS in the first place, we might have something. That may not happen, though. -- Posted by left turn on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 2:00 PM

I did put effort into Rice. Susan Rice - once again - lied about this incident.

And once again your one-liners add nothing - just a diversion to focus on a man who hasn't been president in over 5 years. Why don't you analyze the Obama, Biden, Rice and Hagel lies?

Because you voted for him twice. And you told all your friends. And you're embarrassed at how stupid you look now. Twice.

Can't help you there.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 4:29 PM
  • -- Posted by Dratgud on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 4:47 PM

Dratgud, prove your not Jay, Spaniard, Dugtard, etc....Give it a rest.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 5:23 PM
  • -- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 5:23 PM

Bon,

I'd just like to see Ike prove he is not some kid hiding behind his computer screen in his parents basement.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 6:11 PM
  • Wheels,I have a some what bad visual of him sitting there,pants around ankles,tissues nearby just shaking it waiting for the next chance to be whatever he tries to be.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 6:21 PM

I almost spit my beer all over the table...that was funny!!

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 6:41 PM
  • -- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 6:11 PM

Wheels, there's another one who can't see past the end of his arm...Apparently he is all of those alias'.

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 6:43 PM
  • With all fairness in mind I too have [as discussed before] a 'mental image' of other posters.

One in particular is of a guy that failed that attorney bar test or is just plain bitter for some other reason.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 6:50 PM
  • ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

Back on subject.... I just saw a replay of Jay Carney being asked about a possible 5 detainees to be traded for 1 American. Don't know the date, but it was prior to this happening and Jay Carney said it would never happen without consulting Congress. While I know Carney does not run the show, he is the President's mouthpiece and I am reasonably sure is given guidelines on what he can or cannot say to the press.

The lies just never stop with this administration. I think Obama should be brought up under impeachment charges for this blatant disregard for law. Probably turn into another Bill Clinton fiasco and the Senate would not uphold it, but at least the impeachment would go on his record, same as Clinton's did.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 6:52 PM
  • Surely not Rick!

I just told him today that I was sorry. :-)

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 8:12 PM
  • I have too much respect for our country and what the men and women in the Middle East are fighting for.

-- Posted by miccheck on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 9:39 AM

Just what are they fighting for besides the enrichment of the military industrial complex?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:27 PM
  • Prove it. I have serious doubts.

-- Posted by Dratgud on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 4:47 PM

Prove you didn't work for the county.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 6:43 AM
  • Unfortunately Rick, they cannot do that....And a big part of the problem is that people keep voting them back in...i.e. Mitch McConnell.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 8:27 AM
  • "Taliban initially demanded $1 million and release of 21 Afghan prisoners for his [Sgt. Bergdahl's] release..."

http://www.voanews.com/content/us-taliban-release-angers-afghanistan/1927487.htm...

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:16 AM
  • "Taliban initially demanded $1 million and release of 21 Afghan prisoners for his [Sgt. Bergdahl's] release..."

http://www.voanews.com/content/us-taliba...

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:16 AM

What were you trying to prove with your link Common, what most of the country is saying.... Obama screwed up again?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:25 AM
  • Bergdahls team leader:

"Bergdahl is a deserter, and he's not a hero. He needs to answer for what he did."

Within days of his disappearance, says Buetow, teams monitoring radio chatter and cell phone communications intercepted an alarming message: The American is in Yahya Khel (a village two miles away). He's looking for someone who speaks English so he can talk to the Taliban.

======

For 5 years Bergdahl was never referred to as a POW by the administration. Obama knew this. Rice knew this. But what do they save even when they know better? They lie blatantly. They think you are stupid.

Susan Rice: "He served the United States with honor and distinction."

Chuck Hagel: "Sgt. Bergdahl is a sergeant in the United States Army. He was a prisoner of war,"

And Common buys these lies and worse yet pushes them onto us. Sad.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 12:09 PM
  • "He was a prisoner of war,"

If he was not a POW what was he? Do you really think he could have gotten away at any time that he wanted to?

It's hard to believe that so many lap up so much Hannity style garbage so consistently.

Of course Bergdahl should be subject to an Article 32 investigation by the US Army immediately, and depending on the outcome be brought before a general court-martial as per the UCMJ.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 2:46 PM
  • f he was not a POW what was he?-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 2:46 PM

What you won't hear from your white house talking points is that he deserted, SOUGHT OUT the Taliban leadership in a nearby village, denounced his country, renounced his US citizenship. He sought them out.

You have no credibility here common. You are buying Obama's talking points hook line sinker. I'm relying on the men that served with him, that saw this happen, that heard him seeking out the Taliban. You call them liars? You never served in the military. If you did you'd have a lot more respect for them than you do.

It's all about Obama with you. Completely. He was NOT classified as a POW by your administration. Yet you say he was one?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 4:20 PM
  • I just wish Obama was a car salesman. I would go for that trade one in and get five deal.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 5:32 PM
  • I use to think that VP Biden was the dumb one but now he looks like the brainy one in the administration.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 6:20 PM
  • Prisoner of War is a colloquial term at this point.-- Posted by miccheck on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 4:29 PM

BS. It is not used. Therefore Obama and others in his administration were wrong. And are still wrong. He was never classified as a POW and to say he is one isn't "colloquial" as you would like it to be.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 6:52 PM
  • From a fellow democrat today:

"Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger, the top-ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, calls this a "dangerous precedent that puts all Americans at risk throughout the world."

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 7:26 PM
  • "You never served in the military."

As usual, you're wrong again...

You have no credibility here .... Dug

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 7:32 PM
  • Common, I understand you were in military employ. Did you "serve"?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 7:43 PM
  • Was Pres. Pinky in the military......never but he was a community organizer (bingo on Wed., sing alongs on Thur.)

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 7:56 PM
  • I must be mistaken, right? -- Posted by miccheck on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 7:28 PM

Absolutely mistaken if you think he was a POW. We get it - if Obama said so, then it must be true right?

Even though he has never been called a POW until Obama screwed this up royally. Picking up a deserter and traitor that led to the death of 6-14 soldiers and the release of 5 top terrorists.

POW's don't desert, seek contact with the enemy, denounce their country and renounce their citizenship. Of course you buy the Obama definition hook, line, sinker. You're a boot-licker.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 7:57 PM
  • It may be time to reflect on the sweetest sound known to our president and the most important declaration in the Muslim Koran and his reaction when he last heard it.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 8:16 PM
  • Rick - miccheck knows that. He/she is being obtuse - a favorite position. I am done with them as others are. It's a waste of time.

She knows exactly what I'm saying but continues to run in circles.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 8:42 PM
  • So who determines who is a POW?-- Posted by Semo47I on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 7:59 PM

Good try Dratgud in coming up with a username similar to mine, what's wrong am I making you mad insulting your Pres. Pinky.

-- Posted by Dratgud on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:44 AM

-- Posted by Semo47I on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 10:44 AM

Dratgud: You are busted, why don't you 10 year old Liberals go out and play in the street.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 8:54 PM
  • Whatever you want to call the deserter, Obama traded for him and smiled when his daddy prayed that prayer of victory.

With the risk of being called all kinds of names, I think our president is the traitor here, selling out this country to his true faith whether it be unconsciously or outright.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 9:09 PM
  • -- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 9:33 PM
  • "....military employ. Did you "serve"?"

What are you asking?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 9:45 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 9:09 PM

OJ: Hopefully he'll be impeached by the House like his hero Clinton was, too bad the Senate didn't follow suit.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 9:45 PM
  • Don't anyone in Washington knows what's going on in the world. Turn the TV on and watch the news.

From the below link: Hagel said the Army will conduct a review of the circumstances surrounding how Bergdahl left his unit, adding, "I don't know of any circumstances or details of U.S. soldiers dying as a result of efforts to get Bergdahl."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Bowe-Bergdahl-families-soldiers-died/2014/06/04...

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 9:56 PM
  • I just wish Obama was a car salesman. I would go for that trade one in and get five deal.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 5:32 PM

The way I look at is if I am catching the heck out of catfish on catalpa worms I'm going to get more of them. Our men will be considered serious terrorist bait.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 9:58 PM
  • Common, Did you serve your country or serve yourself with a military career?

Not meant to demean or praise, just a question of how you see yourself.

Feel free to ignore or respond, not looking to get in to anything here, just a question.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:05 PM
  • With the risk of being called all kinds of names, I think our president is the traitor here, selling out this country to his true faith whether it be unconsciously or outright. -- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 9:09 PM

Exactly OJ. This is one of the more serious abuses of power from this man so far. All for political gain from a weak, inept man.

And what is worse than this? Common and micchecks worship of everything he does. Protecting and defending him. It's sick.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:10 PM
  • Dug, I think history will recall this president as detrimental to the U.S.A. at the same time giving him penance for 'he know not what he do'.

Just my opinion of course and I-could-be-wrong-you-know.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:20 PM
  • I served in the Air Force for 24 1/2 years. Feel free to interpret that anyway you want.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:22 PM
  • "....and I-could-be-wrong-you-know."

Finally something truthful...

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:29 PM
  • Finally something truthful... -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:29 PM

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the back. Get your MSNBC and white house talking points ready for tomorrow?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:32 PM
  • I interpret that as you served your country, yourself or both.

Thanks for your service in whatever applies.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:33 PM
  • Finally something truthful...

Yep, wasn't going to happen from your end.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jun 4, 2014, at 10:37 PM
  • From TIME magazine today. They interviewed a top Taliban leader regarding Bergdahl. His comment once again shows the miscalculation and ineptness of Barack Obama:

"Asked whether the Taliban would be inspired by the exchange to kidnap others, he laughed. "Definitely," he says. "It's better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people. It has encouraged our people. Now everybody will work hard to capture such an important bird."

http://time.com/2826534/bowe-bergdahl-taliban-captors/

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 11:53 AM
  • Is there some reason that the goofy parts of the editorial were omitted?

For instance, these attempts to influence opinions of republicans...

"Those selected to physically hand Bergdahl over to U.S. officials at a pre-arranged location on the other side of the border in Afghanistan rehearsed the messages they wanted to convey to the American people.

"You know we are also human beings and have hearts in our bodies," a senior Taliban commander affiliated with the Haqqani network, which was holding Bergdahl captive, tells TIME. "We are fighting a war against each other, in which [the Americans] kill us and we kill them. But we did whatever we could to make [Bergdahl] happy."

"...was a parting gift designed to demonstrate no personal ill will, says the commander: "We wanted him to return home with good memories."

"So dispirited was Bergdahl with the process, says the commander, that he didn't even believe his captors when they announced his pending release."

"There was some disgruntlement among Taliban ranks over the terms, admits the Kandahar commander. Some members wanted a ransom payment for Bergdahl, in addition to the release of the Guantanamo detainees."

http://time.com/2826534/bowe-bergdahl-taliban-captors/

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 12:33 PM
  • Is there some reason that the goofy parts of the editorial were omitted?-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 12:33 PM

Why did you omit parts? You didn't post the entire thing either did you? Focus on the content and not the personal stuff - it always comes back to bite you.

Having said that I noticed the rest of the article did contradict - quite a bit - what your president said. In the rest of the article it stated he was their "guest", he was treated well and was given "a parting gift designed to demonstrate no personal ill will" and hope he has "good memories".

Yet you and your president say he was about to die. Laughable. Absoluteley laughable.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 12:45 PM
  • "a parting gift designed to demonstrate no personal ill will"

So you don't know about them telling him "Don't come back to Afghanistan. You won't leave alive next time."

Great way to say farewell to your "guest."

Doesn't it wear you out being so wrong so consistently?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 12:52 PM
  • "a parting gift designed to demonstrate no personal ill will" and you claim they were bad?

They treated him good. He's not dying - you're just lying. The fact that they threatened him with death the NEXT TIME he comes has nothing to do with how he was treated. He did, after all, seek them out and apparently aided them in killing Americans.

Doesn't it wear you out personally stretching the truth and lying to help Obama?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 12:57 PM
  • "They treated him good."

"...other than the sense of urgency triggered by Bergdahl's apparent declining health..."

You didn't even bother to read your own link, did you?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 1:09 PM
  • You don't even know the definition of apparent, do you?

apparent: /əˈparənt,əˈpe(ə)r-/ adjective - seeming real or true, but not necessarily so

Not necessarily so. Webster says your assumption is wrong. Take it up with them.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 1:11 PM
  • Eddie Slovik....nuff said.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 1:30 PM
  • Anyone see Obama's press conference today where he called the deserter a POW?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 1:40 PM
  • "We had discussed with Congress the possibility that something like this might occur. But because of the nature of the folks that we were dealing with and the fragile nature of these negotiations, we felt it was important to go ahead and do what we did. And we're now explaining to Congress the details of how we moved forward."

Notice that last word. It's used just as it was by someone years ago.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 2:52 PM
  • Looks like Fox has the scoop. I'm sure MSNBC, CBS,NBC, and ABC would have done the same. Yea right.......

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/05/exclusive-bergdahl-declared-jihad-sec...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 6:54 PM
  • Fox has scooped up what was served.

If all this intel was ongoing why wasn't an extraction team sent in.

The info in the article defines this soldier to fit the administration's explanation to congress of going Forward. IMO

I-could-be-wrong-though

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jun 5, 2014, at 7:59 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jun 6, 2014, at 6:57 PM
  • Great video Regret. Where are the big Obama supporters on this? They bought this and many other lies. We knew better.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jun 6, 2014, at 10:16 PM
  • Dug, Clearly from a biased source and taken out of context. Obama is still trying to reverse the effects of the Bush regime but with a do nothing congress and party of no against every great effort to move the country Forward combined with a media owned by Republicans, it is understandable why the SO crowd would believe this bunk.

Common, You can thank me later.

;) :):) :) :) :) :)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jun 6, 2014, at 10:52 PM
  • WARNING:

The following is an opinion from someone else than Old John but may cause some posters disgust and emotional turmoil. Please consider before reading.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2014/06/04/fox-biz-psychologist-worries-...

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jun 7, 2014, at 8:30 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jun 7, 2014, at 8:30 PM

OJ: Should be quite fun hearing from the Left about this link.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Jun 7, 2014, at 9:14 PM
  • The left is having a hard time right now.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Jun 7, 2014, at 9:37 PM
  • Semo, I think one of our extinguished posters will be back anytime.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Jun 7, 2014, at 9:39 PM
  • "....be quite fun hearing from the Left..."

Why would that be? Perhaps you didn't take note of the source.

Furthermore, you may have noticed that nobody claimed to believe it. Must have been too silly, even for them.

The next thing you know, they'll be insisting that the President was born on Mars, or in Kenya.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Jun 8, 2014, at 7:13 AM
  • Everyone knows Obama is a Keynesian.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 8, 2014, at 7:54 AM
  • Furthermore, you may have noticed that nobody claimed to believe it. Must have been too silly, even for them.

The next thing you know, they'll be insisting that the President was born on Mars, or in Kenya.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Jun 8, 2014, at 7:13 AM

common: Lighten up, nobody believes it....it's just funny. Don't Liberals like to laugh, maybe that's what's wrong always serious and ready to jump onto anything anti-Pinky even if it's a joke.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Jun 8, 2014, at 9:16 AM
  • "common: Lighten up, nobody believes it....it's just funny. Don't Liberals like to laugh,"

No. They remind me of the gloomy faces you see in old pictures from East Berlin.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Jun 8, 2014, at 1:57 PM
  • In the spirit of this thread - "Bergdahl. Why didn't they just leave him there?" we are now told that the Bergdahl's were included in many secure meetings regarding their son's situation. It speaks volumes that this administration would keep them in the loop when the dad apologizes to the Taliban and al Qaeda and the son denounces his country and his citizenship - and then outright lie to the families whose loved ones were killed searching for this deserter. One story today:

"The White House allowed the parents of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to take part in a series of secure video conferences with State Department and intelligence officials and senior military commanders, according to a published report.

The Washington Times reports that Bob and Jani Bergdahl were allowed to join the conferences remotely from the Idaho National Guard headquarters in Boise soon after their son was captured by the Taliban in June 2009.

A spokesman for the Idaho National Guard told the paper that the Bergdahls participated in up to 20 video conferences per year."

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 9, 2014, at 7:56 AM
  • Maybe Obama could trade a few of those illegal immigrants he's releasing in the states back to Mexico in return of Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Jun 9, 2014, at 10:58 AM
  • Rick: Your fingers are on the wrong keys, try again.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Jun 10, 2014, at 1:40 PM
  • More news today on Obama's terrible judgement.

He released 5 al Qaeda terrorist for Bowe Bergdahl who deserted his post and tried to contact the Taliban.

Now we find out he refused to release a single terrorist to save the life of Jim Foley who was beheaded in a video the other day.

Deserter = 5 top al Qaeda

Innocent Journalist life not worth 1 al Qaeda (Aafia Siddiqui)

Maybe he was too busy putting or chipping with some of his celebrity friends on Martha's Vineyard golf course to worry...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Aug 21, 2014, at 7:41 PM
  • Dug, I hope we don't find out that some of the leaders of this isis bunch were some of those we traded for a traitor.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Aug 21, 2014, at 7:55 PM
  • Another slap on the hand for the Pres. Pinky administration:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-Bergdahl/2014/08/21/id/590131/

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Aug 21, 2014, at 7:58 PM
  • "...refused to release a single terrorist..."

When and how was the "offer" of a single terrorist for the life of James Foley made?

WASHINGTON -- A U.S. official says the Islamic terrorists who beheaded American journalist James Foley in Syria had demanded $132.5-million in ransom for his release.

Not a for "single terrorist."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 6:43 AM
  • When and how was the "offer" of a single terrorist for the life of James Foley made? -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 6:43 AM

Note the word BEFORE - you'll ignore it to support your president but it's there.

"ISIS sent 'laundry list' of demands for release of James Foley. BEFORE ransom rose to $132m, ISIS wanted release of Afia Siddiqui among other prisoners. Government refused to enter into negotiation with his captors and launched failed rescue attempt instead - in contrast to the Bowe Bergdahl swap."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731164/ISIS-offered-swap-Foley-Lady-Al-...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 8:41 AM
  • The Winds of War are blowing strongly in the Middle East, will a WWIII break out there soon?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 9:05 AM
  • "The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a jayvee team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesn't make them Kobe Bryant" - Barack Obama, January 2014

"ISIL is as sophisticated and well-funded as any group that we have seen. Oh, this is beyond anything that we've seen. So we must prepare for everything." - Chuck Hagel, Obama's Defense Secretary, August 2014

He's clueless and inept. Most of us knew that in 2007. An acorn attorney who loves to play golf with his new-found buddies. He reminds me of the kid that has to tie a pork chop around his neck to get the dog to play with him. No friends until he's got some taxpayer "bling".

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 9:09 AM
  • Bring back that red line in the sand and stop all this crap.

Strange how well the killers are equipped with U.S. ally grade weapons.

First response will be some fringe air attacks, then some more advisers and of course more weapons.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 9:14 AM
  • Rick,

I predict another one of Obama's "read my lips" moments where he has said one thing and done another... and we will have boots on the ground in Iraq once again. Opposition is growing weaker.

Probably come in some dramatic format to make him look good just in time for the November elections, hopefully on the part of the Democrats, just in time to help stem their expected loses.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 9:38 AM
  • "...release of Afia Siddiqui among other prisoners."

So it was not "just one." And you naively believe that the republicans would have praised for any attempt to "trade" for a journalist.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:04 AM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:04 AM

I'm sure republicans would have been just as outraged as they were with the deserter Bergdhal swap. They are consistent.

Obama isn't. Give away 5 top terrorists from Gitmo for Bergdhal. Refuse to give away 1 primary terrorist for a journalist.

Hey - he's your guy. I'm sure it makes total sense to you.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:06 AM
  • "...republicans would have been just as outraged as they were..."

That appears to be the beauty of the republican/conservative approach to everything.

Express hatred toward, and deplore, denounce, deprecate and decry the President's action if he does one thing, and condemn, criticize, censure if he does exactly the opposite. That's what's so laughable about their style of attack.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:31 AM
  • And why so few take the SO party line seriously.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:32 AM
  • Oh Lordy, I hate wishing my life away and I also hate to think of two more years of this empty suit. Cannot decide which I hate worse.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:35 AM
  • Think I will just go cut some grass and look upon every weed I see as a Leftist thinker.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:39 AM
  • Rick, here are two poll questions I would like tro see.

Would you support reinstating the draft?

Would you encourage your child to volunteer for military service and be deployed to the Middle east?

Just curious what the results of these two questions might be.

-- Posted by left turn on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 11:10 AM
  • I have 2 daughters both in their 40's. The oldest declined an appointment to West Point and instead attended the University of Chicago. The youngest graduated from college also. I'm like you i would support any decision they would make concerning military service. I'm a vet and not opposed to the draft. I think 2 years of service helps develope an individual and his / her stature in life. My belief as far as war is this: knock off the BS, get in get the job done and get out. No ***** footing around. Hope that answers your question Rick.

-- Posted by left turn on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 12:09 PM
  • That's what's so laughable about their style of attack. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:31 AM

Consistency would make someone like you laugh. The only consistency you have is Obama is always good and right, anyone else is bad.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 1:14 PM
  • Rick, here are two poll questions I would like tro see.

Would you support reinstating the draft?

Would you encourage your child to volunteer for military service and be deployed to the Middle east?

Just curious what the results of these two questions might be.

-- Posted by left turn on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 11:10 AM

No and No

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 2:04 PM
  • President "...Obama is always good and right, anyone else is bad."

As usual, you're wrong again. I've never claimed or even implied that the President is "always right."

On the other hand, it is obvious that you falsely claim that the President is "always wrong."

I have often admitted he has faults, but dispute those on the "hate Obama" bandwagon, who ignore every thing contrary to their jaded and juvinile outlook.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 4:36 PM
  • On the other hand, it is obvious that you falsely claim that the President is "always wrong."-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 4:36 PM

Nope. I've openly agreed with Obama on many occasions including when he said these:

"Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected."

"I make a mistake, you know, every hour, every day"

"I completely get how upsetting this can be for a lot of Americans, particularly after assurances they heard from me that if they had a plan they like, they can keep it."

"You know I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I said I'd end the war in Iraq. I ended it."

===

jaded and "juvinile" outlook. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 4:36 PM

I'll let that statement stand on it's own. Makes you look stoopid. :-)

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 5:06 PM
  • You know who released british combatants from Gitmo?

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 5:24 PM
  • So it was not "just one." And you naively believe that the republicans would have praised for any attempt to "trade" for a journalist.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 10:04 AM

I think its funny that Dug is taking this hostage trade offer at the word of ISIS.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 5:27 PM
  • I think it's funny that anyone is taking the word of anything from the federal government.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 5:52 PM
  • I think its funny that Dug is taking this hostage trade offer at the word of ISIS. -- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 5:27 PM

I didn't talk to ISIS. Your president did.

You're trying to hard Spaniard.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 7:14 PM
  • RELee, I wonder if he is upset at ISIS for trying to restore the old realm or because they are killing fellow Muslims along the way.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 8:26 PM
  • He'll be bowing to ISIS next.

-- Posted by RELee on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 8:13 PM

obama is big league. He doesn't concern himself with the junior varsity.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 8:28 PM
  • Obammer still thinks having a beer with Putin will make everything all right. -- Posted by RELee on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 8:13 PM

For that to happen Putin would have to meet him on the golf course.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 8:48 PM
  • IMO, Putin probably thinks that Pres. Pinky is Junior Varsity.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 9:15 PM
  • What has happened to "We Regret To Inform U"?

We haven't heard from him recently. Hope he didn't crash his Hover Round.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 10:03 AM

Wheels

I was thinking the same thing last week , Regret has gone AWOL .

-- Posted by ✴Rick on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 10:06 AM

Maybe Regret and miccheck have taken a vacation together in order to bond. :-)

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 10:17 AM

Wheels

I was thinking the same thing last week , Regret has gone AWOL .

-- Posted by ✴Rick on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 10:06 AM

Maybe Regret and miccheck have taken a vacation together in order to bond. :-)

• Me too. I got the double taps.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 10:49 AM
  • Regret is running under the guise of RELee or BonScott.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 11:30 AM
  • Maybe Regret and miccheck have taken a vacation together in order to bond. :-)

FFF,

You haven't heard of any murder sucide cases in Cape lately have you?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 12:14 PM
  • Girlfriend and I are out of here for awhile and no we are not vacationing with Regret and Miicheck.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 8:34 PM
  • Girlfriend and I are out of here for awhile and no we are not vacationing with Regret and Miicheck.

-- Posted by semo471 on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 8:34 PM

Have Phun!!

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 11:24 PM
  • I didn't talk to ISIS. Your president did.

You're trying to hard Spaniard.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 7:14 PM

"too"

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sun, Aug 24, 2014, at 7:58 AM
  • I caught that after I posted but thought most people overlook simple typos.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Aug 24, 2014, at 10:11 AM
  • I don't worry or dwell over misspelled words or incorrect grammar. I'm guilty of it sometimes myself. Words spelled wrong or bad punctuation doesn't hinder what the author's intent was. I do think a simple course in there, their and they're might help, though.

-- Posted by left turn on Sun, Aug 24, 2014, at 11:15 AM
  • Lerty, I'm surprised how often then and than are mixed up. The in place of they may be the most common. Being dyslectic me trips timesomes up.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Aug 24, 2014, at 11:52 AM
  • I do think a simple course in there, their and they're might help, though. -- Posted by left turn on Sun, Aug 24, 2014, at 11:15 AM

A course in "your" and "you're" as well. I frequently misspell them when I know how to use them.

Another one that I see a lot is "wondering" and "wandering". A lot of folks say "I was wandering how you were feeling".

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Aug 24, 2014, at 12:22 PM
  • Regret is running under the guise of RELee or BonScott.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Aug 23, 2014, at 11:30 AM

A bad guess Lefty. Regrets fingerprints are all over some of the threads yet. Your name changes on past posts when you simply go in and do a name change. Get booted and your whole identity disappears.

I suppose he could be operating as a sock puppet, like a lot of the left wingers on here do, but I don't think he is.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sun, Aug 24, 2014, at 4:25 PM
  • The investigation to determine if Bergdahl is a deserter is complete. Look for the results after the mid-term elections.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 4:59 PM
  • I'm especially glad that the Obama administration didn't overreact and release 5 top terrorists for this guy. The report doesn't matter. There is no way that the Obama administration will allow him (Obama) to look bad. Not a snowball's chance in ....

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 5:18 PM
  • Cry...cry...cry LOL

-- Posted by left turn on Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 5:29 PM
  • You're crying and laughing? Sounds like an Obama supporter to me!

LOL!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 5:53 PM
  • I will tell you why he's here he's a partner in jihad with our mix breed mooslim pretender in chief.

-- Posted by God&Country on Sat, Oct 18, 2014, at 10:17 AM
  • Again God7Country, can you direct me to a place where your 10:17 AM claim can be verified? Thanks.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Oct 18, 2014, at 11:26 AM
  • can you direct me to a place where your 10:17 AM claim can be verified? -- Posted by left turn on Sat, Oct 18, 2014, at 11:26 AM

Cry...cry...cry LOL

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Oct 18, 2014, at 1:16 PM
  • The investigation to determine if Bergdahl is a deserter is complete. Look for the results after the mid-term elections.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 4:59 PM

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/11/20/pentagon-denied-us-paid-ransom-for...

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 11:01 AM
  • OK, the Obama administration has been vindicated on the Benghazi on all allegations. Time to rekindle the IRS scandal. The repubs may have won the election but Obama is still kicking their _____.

-- Posted by left turn on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 11:37 AM
  • Ransom money was stolen so terrorists were traded for a deserter. IMO

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 11:50 AM
  • DT, love Obama, no not love but I like the way he has the tenacity to buck the repubs. I guess the opposite of love may be hate. I do hate the likes of Cruz, Paul, McConnell and Boehner. They have no solutions, only criticisms. BTW, I'm not a Pelosi or Reid fan but Nancy does have a bigger set than Boehner. Boehner was elected by one district, McConnell by one state and Obama by one nation.

-- Posted by left turn on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 12:28 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 12:28 PM

Left: Then why isn't the President, President of the USA and not just the President of the Democratic party. I say this because he knows nothing about leading and compromising and only about campaigning.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 12:38 PM
  • semo471, you need much, much more bed rest. You are excused.

-- Posted by left turn on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 1:44 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 1:44 PM

Left: You Liberals are so compassionate.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 1:51 PM
  • Left: I like your ideal zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 1:53 PM
  • The repubs may have won the election but Obama is still kicking their _____.

-- Posted by left turn on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 11:37 AM

Still think it's a B Ball game don't ya.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 4:55 PM
  • Obama by one nation.-- Posted by left turn on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 12:28 PM

Obama by 51% of one nation. More liberal math.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 6:27 PM
  • BENGHAZI

BENGHAZI

BENGHAZI

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 5:37 PM
  • Well, well, well... as with most Obama stories, the truth eventually comes out:

"Bergdahl to be charged with desertion, ex-military intel officer says"

"The Army has decided that they want to pursue Bergdahl for this violation. There's a "huge battle" going on inside the Obama administration, as some try to "suppress" this development. This is shaping up to be a titanic struggle behind the scenes."

The Army "wants to do the right thing" but the White House "wants this to go away."

"The White House, because of the political narrative, President Obama cozying up to the parents and because of he, President Obama, releasing the five Taliban ... The narrative is what the White House does not want to have come out."

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 8:42 AM
  • -- Posted by Dug on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 8:42 AM

Dug: You mean that Pres. Pinky is trying to cover up this trivial incident.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 9:19 AM
  • The family of the young American woman who was killed by ISIS a couple of weeks ago believes that the Bergdahl swamp doomed their daughter. Once the Obama administration traded 5 top Gitmo prisoners for Bergdahl the price of her ransom was jacked up. After that ISIS realized that the Obama administration would negotiate with terrorists. From an interview with her parents on NBC news:

"The Obama administration's swap of five Taliban leaders held at Guantanamo Bay for accused Army deserter Bowe Bergdahl may have doomed any hope Kayla Mueller's family had for working out a deal with ISIS, the murdered aid worker's family said in an interview.

Carl Mueller told NBC in an interview that aired Monday that he and his wife thought they could win his daughter's freedom with a $6.2 million ransom payment. But when the White House agreed last year to trade Bergdahl, who had been held for five years by the Taliban and Haqqani network, the family believes the price for their daughter went up.

"That made the whole situation worse," Kayla Mueller's brother, Eric, told the network. "Because that's when the demands got greater. They got larger. They realized that they had something. They realized that, 'Well, if they're gonna let five people go for one person, why won't they do this? Or why won't they do that?'"

====

I'm sure Obama didn't know this since he was probably golfing when she was killed...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Feb 23, 2015, at 9:16 AM
  • 5 terrorist yes terrorist Pres. Pinky for one military deserter and then leave Kayla Mueller high and dry. Why wasn't she included in this deal. Guess it's hard to think straight when the only thing you know to do is campaign and play golf.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Feb 23, 2015, at 9:32 AM
  • "Bowe Bergdahl, once missing U.S. soldier, charged with desertion"

"Susan Rice, President Obama's national security, also provoked criticism when she said after Bergdahl's recovery that he had served "with honor and distinction."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/03/25/bowe-bergdahl-once-m...

====

"Five of the Most Dangerous Taliban Commanders in U.S. Custody Exchanged for American Captive"

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Mar 25, 2015, at 2:23 PM
  • "Five of the Most Dangerous Taliban Commanders in U.S. Custody Exchanged for American Captive"

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Mar 25, 2015, at 2:23 PM

Yes, another one of Obama's blunders.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Mar 25, 2015, at 2:35 PM
  • An Army officer in Bergdahl's company recounts how many men were killed searching for this deserter...

===

Nathan Bradley Bethea joins CNN to elaborate on Bowe Bergdahl's desertion.

"The truth is: Bergdahl was a deserter, and soldiers from his own unit died trying to track him down. For five years, soldiers have been forced to stay silent about the disappearance and search for Bergdahl. Now we can talk about what really happened. "

"Make no mistake: Bergdahl did not "lag behind on a patrol," as was cited in news reports at the time. There was no patrol that night. Bergdahl was relieved from guard duty, and instead of going to sleep, he fled the outpost on foot. He deserted." I

His disappearance translated into daily search missions across the entire Afghanistan theater of operations, particularly ours. The combat platoons in our battalion spent the next month on daily helicopter-insertion search missions (called "air assaults") trying to scour villages for signs of him. Each operations would send multiple platoons and every enabler available in pursuit: radio intercept teams, military working dogs, professional anthropologists used as intelligence gathering teams, Afghan sources in disguise. They would be out for at least 24 hours. I know of some who were on mission for 10 days at a stretch. In July, the temperature was well above 100 degrees Fahrenheit each day.

On July 4, 2009, two Americans died and many more received wounds. My friend blames Bergdahl for his soldiers' deaths. His soldiers' names were Private First Class Aaron Fairbairn and Private First Class Justin Casillas.

Our battalion suffered six fatalities in a three-week period. On August 18, an IED killed Private First Class Morris Walker and Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen during a reconnaissance mission. On August 26, while conducting a search for a Taliban shadow sub-governor supposedly affiliated with Bergdahl's captors, Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss was shot in the face and killed. On September 4, during a patrol to a village near the area in which Bergdahl vanished, an insurgent ambush killed Second Lieutenant Darryn Andrews and gravely wounded Private First Class Matthew Martinek, who died of his wounds a week later. On September 5, while conducting a foot movement toward a village also thought affiliated with Bergdahl's captors, Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey stepped on an improvised land mine. He died the next day.

It is important to name all these names. For the veterans of the units that lost these men, Bergdahl's capture and the subsequent hunt for him will forever tie to their memories, and to a time in their lives that will define them as people. He has finally returned. Those men will never have the opportunity.

=====

I think its funny that Dug is taking this hostage trade offer at the word of ISIS. -- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Aug 22, 2014, at 5:27 PM

BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI -- Posted by left turn on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 5:37 PM

Why does it not surprise anyone that the SO group has zero ability to consider this issue in a rational manner. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Jun 3, 2014, at 4:55 AM

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Mar 25, 2015, at 7:14 PM
  • They need to try Bergdahl, Bush and Cheney all with treason and war crimes.

-- Posted by left turn on Wed, Mar 25, 2015, at 7:19 PM
  • And the Democrats that voted for it.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Mar 25, 2015, at 8:04 PM
  • Well well looks like Pres. Pinky has egg on his face for trading 5 terrorists for one deserter. Another sleepless night in the White House tonight.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Mar 25, 2015, at 8:31 PM
  • Don't think anyone will be sleepless in the white house. Majority of voters have no concern for what obama does or doesn't do. He's their man regardless. The rest of the voters will forget all about the Bergdahl incident in short order and move on to something else. obama knows this. He'll sleep fine tonight.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Mar 25, 2015, at 9:01 PM
  • I didn't realize Bergdahl had been tried and convicted of desertion. When did this happen?

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 12:40 AM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 12:40 AM

Left: Defend Pres. Pinky's egg face trade of 5 for 1 to the very end....you guys sure are loyal or low info folks. BTW, went thru the 2 threads dealing with Ferguson and did not see where you said anything about supporting Mr. Wilson's innocence.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 9:07 AM
  • BTW, went thru the 2 threads dealing with Ferguson and did not see where you said anything about supporting Mr. Wilson's innocence. -- Posted by semo471 on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 9:07 AM

You won't - it's all about the "D" or "R" behind the name for lefty. That's how all decisions are made with liberals.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 9:28 AM
  • scremo471, I don't think I commented either way about Wilson's guilt or innocence. I wasn't there to see what happened so I can't make judgment like you do as to what happened.

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 10:24 AM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 10:24 AM

Left: My question was why defend Bergdahl and not Wilson....guess you only defend those that Pres. Pinky does - can't you think on you own.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 10:51 AM
  • scremo471, I'm not defending Bergdahl, Einstein. He hasn't been convicted except for a few of you "constitutional geniuses" only charged. There was no definite proof he was guilty of anything when Obama got him released. If he is found guilty then he should be punished. If he is not then it will give you self defined patriots something more to p___ and m___ about.

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 12:11 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 12:11 PM

Left: Thanks for the Einstein comment, it is just my duty to try to teach you low info Pres. Pinky suck ups the true version of what's going on and not the cover up version by the White House.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 12:17 PM
  • "There was no definite proof he was guilty of anything when Obama got him released."

Is Lefty trying to say we learned nothing about this man deserting and a half dozen people getting killed looking for him until we brought him back to America? If that is so the entire military starting with the Commander in Chief is incompetent. Frankly I do not believe it.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 6:46 PM
  • Wheels: If I may correct your statement....Frankly I do not believe the military is incompetent just the Commander in Chief is.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 8:05 PM
  • Why didn't they just leave him there? Why not just send him back there and drop a bomb on there?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 8:10 PM
  • Wheels: If I may correct your statement....Frankly I do not believe the military is incompetent just the Commander in Chief is.

-- Posted by semo471 on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 8:05 PM

Semo471,

That is likely more correct. Problem is, as I see it, the military cannot function competently with an incompetent Commander in Chief.... he limits them.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Mar 26, 2015, at 8:23 PM

Respond to this thread