Speak Out: Opening Prayers in our Public schools.

Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 2:04 PM:

You know every day Congress opens with a opening prayer but our Public schools are not allowed to do so and many cities have even stopped giving opening prayer prior to the start of a counsel meeting. Now something is out of wrack here when the Congress can have opening prayer but our schools and counsel meetings are not allowed too. Again no common sense being used by our schools and some cities.

Replies (22)

• As one of the constitutional rhetoric blubbers, you should be aware that Congress should stop opening with prayer also.

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 2:08 PM
  • I prayed in school every time I had a math test.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 4:01 PM
  • There is no such law about the seperation of church and state. Schools could still do it if they had the balls to do so. We have become a nanny state.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 5:28 PM
  • -- Posted by CSIP2016 on Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 7:58 PM
  • -- Posted by RELee on Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 7:29 PM

Well, we agree RELee. I believe God is everywhere, and we can pray anywhere, anytime we want. I think personal prayer is more likely to be genuine, but that is my opinion.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 8:54 PM
  • Inform yourselves, then restate your positions.

http://www.allabouthistory.org/separatio...

-- Posted by Pink Panther on Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 7:58 PM

Read my previous post and then you wouldn't have to be a smart elic...

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Sep 15, 2014, at 10:17 PM
  • You know back in the day we had opening prayer every morning in school and not a word was said and we had a much better society in this country and people had respect for one another. Today, since the country has shifted toward the left all respect has been lost and we have been in constant turmoil from coast to coast with shootings, killings, child abuse, sexual assaults, you name it we are seeing it every single day right before our eyes. A lot of this started up when prayer was taken out of the schools and the decline in family values.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 7:13 AM
  • -- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 7:13 AM

Swamp: Well said....those were the days.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 8:57 AM
  • at 7:13 AM Give it a break!

Child abuse was rampant when I was a kid. Parents used a belt, a switch or whatever was near-by and called it discipline aka "spanking".

Sexual assaults have always been around; today, there is more awareness.

Shootings and killings fall under personal responsibility of the weapon owner and parental involvement. Stupid parents and stupid gun owners need to be held responsible for stupid decisions or lack there of.

-- Posted by scheuwlfz on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 9:54 AM
  • -- Posted by piscary on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 9:54 AM

Kind of heavy on "stupid" aren't you? What is tomorrow's buzz word?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 12:07 PM
  • Wheels if you don't agree with some of them you are considered stupid. If you are a gun owner the left considers you stupid. In there little far left world it it is off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of oz running through yellow tulips every day and jumping over rainbows, well you see where that has got us in the past six years.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 1:33 PM
  • Both the Senate and the House have official chaplains. I'd suggest that when schools provide an "official chaplain" for each classroom, they could have prayers too. Until then save it for Sunday school.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 1:54 PM
  • In Congress they are dealing with semi-adults, whose minds have already been scared.-- Posted by BCStoned on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 2:47 PM

BC: Amen

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 5:44 PM
  • -- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 1:33 PM

Swamp,

The Lefties may consider me to be what they want... I could care less. You have to consider the source.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 6:43 PM
  • Wheels, I'm confused again. Is that place you give wisdom from covered with Ivy or made of Ivory? :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 7:05 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 7:55 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 8:31 PM

Old John,

It sure isn't ivory and the poison ivy hasn't had time to grow yet.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 9:51 PM
  • Does this fit into the discussion?

http://www.christianpost.com/news/should...

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 7:55 PM

Wonder if it will include that insane wailing they do, and that Obama thinks is the most beautiful sound he has ever heard.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Sep 16, 2014, at 9:53 PM
  • Rick, Just a little humor in reference to one of Common's remarks. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Sep 17, 2014, at 3:13 PM
  • And taken as such. :-)

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Sep 17, 2014, at 3:18 PM
  • common is one piece of work.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Sep 18, 2014, at 10:51 AM
  • Wait , if commonsensematters got an RV , they could sit and watch the sun set over a beer...

-- Posted by ❇Rick on Wed, Sep 17, 2014, at 4:01 PM

Rick: Can't get that picture out of my mind.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Sep 19, 2014, at 9:23 AM

Respond to this thread