Speak Out: report debunks Benghazi theories and accusations

Posted by Reasoning on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:30 AM:

Clearing the way for the next Presidential candidate. Want to predict our next two candidates from the Democratic and Republican parties?

Replies (31)

• Clearing the way for the next Presidential candidate. Want to predict our next two candidates from the Democratic and Republican parties?

-- Posted by Reasoning on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:30 AM

As I will neither support nor vote for either one, I couldn't care less who the next two d & r candidates will be.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:03 AM
  • DT: That same article continues with the following:

Another House committee, the Select Committee on Benghazi, is conducting its own investigation.

"The Select Committee on Benghazi received the Intelligence committee's report on the Benghazi terrorist attack (in August), and has reviewed it along with other committee reports and materials as the investigation proceeds," spokesman Jamal D. Ware said in a statement. "It will aid the Select Committee's comprehensive investigation to determine the full facts of what happened in Benghazi, Libya before, during and after the attack and contribute toward our final, definitive accounting of the attack on behalf of Congress."

Like Yogi once said - It's not over till it's over.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:10 AM
  • DT: Never could figure why anyone would want to put lip stick on a pig.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:32 AM
  • "It's not over till it's over."

Actually it was "over" about 2 years ago. Scheduling another phoney "investigation" won't result in anything other than the facts already out there.

Just wait until the next Senate gets in place. Then you'll see even more "investigations" that will be just as fruitless as the last 20 have been.

When will the conservatives fgure out that there ain't no witches there. Keeping this up simply makes them look more and more like idiots.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:38 AM
  • -- Posted by Reasoning on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:30 AM

I am betting you think it will be Hillary Clinton. You might get fooled. That woman carries more baggage than a fleet of passenger trains from the past.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:46 AM
  • There are few James Bovard's left in investigative journalism. She was of that type.

-- Posted by BCStoned on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 11:04 AM

BC: That's why CBS did not want her working for them anymore....she told the truth.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 12:05 PM
  • "...some sort of truth came out."

"...concludes there was no intelligence failure prior to the attack, no stand-down order to CIA operatives and found conflicting intelligence in the wake of the attack about the motive and cause, which were reflected in early public comments by the administration."

Does that not sound strangely familiar?

From the start, the administration said there was no intelligence failure, no "stand down order" and conflicting opinions about the motive for the attack (as in possibly the video.)

The republican committee has cleared the administration of any fault or wrong-doing.

As for the other 20 "investigations" you need only check on the internet.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 6:32 PM
  • Not sure why this thread was started. Common has already told us it was the Ambassador's fault, was incited by a video and Obama was right all along.

Just another witch hunt by those illogical republicans that don't like the black president.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 6:57 PM
  • "Just another witch hunt..."

That part is correct. The rest is up to you. It's actually the conservatives that are more apt to be illogical, rather than just republicans.

If you are one of those that hate President Obama because he's black, that's your own choice. No one can help you with that.

And I have no idea why you would say it was the ambassador's fault. Clearly it was the fault of those demonstrators that set fire to the information center. All I have ever said is that it was the ambassador's decision to spend the night in Benghazi.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 7:18 PM
  • If I am illogical for not understanding why someone would go the such great lengths to defend every thing this president says and does, repeating claims previously debunked with constant diversion of subject toward finding fault with conservatives, well I'll have to admit my logic don't measure up to yours.

Like Clinton, Obama began his term with words and actions of less than honorable cause and like Clinton will continue until he has no choice but take credit for the better ideas of the conservatives.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:02 PM
  • Lest we not forget the house cut 325 million from embassy security.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:26 PM
  • Lest we not forget the house cut 325 million from embassy security.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:26 PM

I knew it was only a matter of time before one of the house "liberals" threw that out...You should be happy with that lefty. The "liberal" democrats are always wanting to cut the defense budget.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 8:45 PM
  • BC, I might agree with you, but at least that's covered in the constitution.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:01 PM
  • "...someone would go the such great lengths to defend every thing this president says and does..."

It is by no means "defending" everything. It is a matter of countering those who denigrate everything this President "says and does."

There are numerous occasions where I have disagreed with what President Obama has done, or the position he has taken.

"...constant diversion of subject toward finding fault with conservatives..."

The fault I find "with conservatives" is when they continuously harp on issues (for purely political purposes) that have long since been thoroughly clarified and rationally explained. The current example is where republican House Intelligence Committee has finally come to the same conclusions with respect to Benghazi that were spelled out two years ago.

"...began his term with words and actions of less than honorable cause..."

And what exactly is that intended to mean?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:11 PM
  • I think that cut has been debated here before too. A cut to democrats is a cut in the increase, not actual spending.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:12 PM
  • "...for the better ideas of the conservatives."

Such as?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:13 PM
  • Clinton is credited for welfare reform for one.

Didn't take Bush long to let the dems mess that up and less time for Obama to make it worse.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:17 PM
  • The Constitution was written to have military involvement in more than 100 countries? Or was it including a standing army in defense of America?

-- Posted by BCStoned on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:08 PM

BC, I said I agree with you. However, the funding of the military is called for. Is the military in places they don't need to be? Absolutely. Is there bases that could be shut down? Absolutely.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Nov 22, 2014, at 9:25 PM
  • He's not being truthful, BC. No true Christian would do what he's been doing recently. Just another Russian lie.

-- Posted by RELee on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 9:09 AM

He's doing nothing different than what the U.S. and it's allies are doing and have always done.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 9:25 AM
  • I knew when CBS and Tea Leoni git on the job the whole thing would get cleared up.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 7:49 PM
  • Peace Through Strength = Defense

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 8:06 PM
  • BC, I'm not saying the world is peaceful.

I think we should be friendly to all the world from a position of strength through military and economic power.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 8:53 PM
  • OJ, how about just minding our own business? I could really support that.

-- Posted by left turn on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 10:03 PM
  • Lefty, I think that was the original idea of the founders in encouraging a strong militia as a deterrent to foreign aggression.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 10:47 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 10:03 PM --

Posted by BCStoned on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 11:52 PM

Agree wholeheartedly.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 6:33 AM
  • BENGHAZI

BENGHAZI

BENGHAZI

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 5:36 PM
  • Posted by BCStoned on Sun, Nov 23, 2014, at 11:52 PM

Good reason to make sure you get all of them.

-- Posted by RELee on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 12:45 AM

Are you serious? I am going to guess the closest you have ever been to war is watching a movie.

There is no reason to kill innocent people. And no reason for our young men and women to die for someone's desires.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 7:39 PM
  • There is no reason to kill innocent people. And no reason for our young men and women to die for someone's desires.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 7:39 PM

And yet you support a government that has believed, since the day it was founded, that there is always reason to kill the innocent and for young men and women to die for someone's desires. Now let's go bomb some more women and children in Afghanistan.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 10:01 PM
  • BENGHAZI

BENGHAZI

BENGHAZI

-- Posted by left turn on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 1:59 PM
  • RELee,

I think Lefty might be a 7 year old and sneaks onto to his mommy's computer occasionally. Only explanation I can think of for that childish behavior.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 5:07 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 1:59 PM

Left: It's not over till it's over. Guess when the phone rang at 3am Hillary was asleep at the wheel. Probably was asked later by Pres. Pinky to resign in order to keep the heat off of him. If you are having problems understanding this comment go ask your mommy to explain it to you when see wakes up.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 6:07 PM

Respond to this thread