Speak Out: Hands up. Peaceful protest.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 7:38 AM:

So they have a riot because they got what they wanted. Shooting cops? Ferguson is forever ruined by the liberals.

Replies (106)

• The demonstrators should know who fired shots and the demonstrators should turn them in.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 7:52 AM
  • Current reports are saying the shots were fired from the hill behind the parking lot and were not from the crowd of protesters.

I think we should wait until more facts come out before passing judgment.

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 8:28 AM
  • The AP article said the shots were fired directly across the street from the police department...

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:05 AM
  • CNN reported the protesters went from the parking lot to the top of the hill and beyond.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 7:52 AM

Common: Yes the shooters should be turned in and prosecuted. Wonder if Mr. Holder will make a statement condemning the protesters and shooters.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:10 AM
  • I wonder if those shots were fired in the name of "racism"?....

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:10 AM
  • -- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:10 AM

Bon: The protesters/looters/shooters are never racist only the police are.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:22 AM
  • I would not be surprised if the shots were fired by someone not of the community.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:29 AM
  • statement condemning the protesters and shooters.

-- Posted by semo471 on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:10 AM

What? You are against free speech?

My guess it is shooters who used the protestors as a screen to hide behind. Probably has nothing to do with the protest, and something to do with gangs. They are not necessarily connected, and probably aren't.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:30 AM
  • -- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:30 AM

Reason: I of course agree with Freedom of Speech, that's why I'm able to write this. Since you are a gun control person, why then aren't you jumping up and down and demanding to take the guns away from the shooters.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:59 AM
  • and those who don't know what any of those even mean .

-- Posted by Turtle. on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:46 AM

I would say that covers about 50%. The others were liberals.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 10:09 AM
  • You are against free speech? -- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:30 AM

Rioting, looting, burning police vehicles, shooting cops, illegally blocking interstate traffic... free speech?

====

Probably has nothing to do with the protest, and something to do with gangs-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:30 AM

Sure - because gang shootings always involve police standing outside a police station. Nothing to see here.

Are you liberals happy? Got your "pound of flesh"? Eric Holders Department of "Just Us" report is working as planned. Many INNOCENT people have lost their jobs, their reputations and almost their lives. Got that voter base stirred up just fine. Keep stirring - that's Obama's MO.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 10:13 AM
  • then aren't you jumping up and down and demanding to take the guns away from the shooters.

-- Posted by semo471 on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:59 AM

You can't see me!

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 10:16 AM
  • -- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 10:16 AM

Reason: I can't see you and I'm not hearing you either saying anything against the shooters having guns....you just want to take the guns from the honest citizens.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 10:27 AM
  • I'm sure the protesters are across the spectrum , liberal, conservative , independent , and those who don't know what any of those even mean .

-- Posted by Turtle. on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 9:46 AM

Rick, I would make a heavy wager that there is zero conservatives up there protesting. Or independents for that matter.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 11:07 AM
  • -- Posted by semo471 on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 10:27 AM

Semo471,

If the leftists would just have confiscated my guns and your guns along with all other persons guns who have never committed a crime, they could have prevented those shootings last night. It is pure logic.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 11:10 AM
  • Reason: I can't see you and I'm not hearing you either saying anything against the shooters having guns....you just want to take the guns from the honest citizens.

-- Posted by semo471 on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 10:27 AM

Seriously semo? You think the shooters are reading this column right now, and will listen? Sheesh! Of course I don't want them to have guns, and guess what, we will never hear where they got them. You know if they bought them legally, you'd be ok with that.

Do you take cream and sugar with your delusion?

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 11:44 AM
  • Do you take cream and sugar with your delusion?

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 11:44 AM

Apparently you don't have any mirrors in your house...

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 11:49 AM
  • Reasoning, your fear of guns is frightening.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 12:20 PM
  • "Wonder if Mr. Holder will make a statement condemning the protesters and shooters."

Why wouldn't he...

"11:20 A.M.

"U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder says the shooting of two police officers in Ferguson, Missouri, was "inexcusable and repugnant."

Holder released a statement Thursday condemning violence against any public safety officials, calling it "cowardly."

"He cited the early morning shootings in Ferguson that wounded two officers, along with this week's death of a deputy federal marshal in Louisiana and last week's killing of an officer in Philadelphia.

"Holder says "such senseless acts of violence threaten the very reforms that non-violent protesters in Ferguson and around the country" have been working toward for several months.

"He says he hopes for the full and speedy recovery of the Ferguson officer, and said the U.S. Justice Department stands ready to assist in the investigation."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-ferguson-police-chief-talk-shootings-2...

Do you really feel that decades of prejudicial, imbalanced and excessive policing by the City of Ferguson had absolutely nothing to do with this?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 12:50 PM
  • --Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 11:44 AM

Reason: When did I say anything about the shooters reading this column. Why don't you tried to read a little bit more carefully in the future. BTW, I drink my coffee black like a man does.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 12:53 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 12:50 PM

Do you really feel that Obama, Nixon, Holder, and Sharpton had nothing to do with this?

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 12:59 PM
  • Perhaps they could spring Ray Nagin from prison to clean up the Ferguson mess. He knows how to rebuild a city.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 1:17 PM
  • "Do you really feel that Obama, Nixon, Holder, and Sharpton had nothing to do with this?"

Yes, that's correct, they did not have anything to do with a criminal shooting at police officers.

Do you think one or any of them ordered this to be done?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 2:50 PM
  • Why would they do that?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 3:31 PM
  • Do you think one or any of them ordered this to be done? -- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 2:50 PM

Obama, Holder and Sharpton yelled "FIRE!" in a crowded theater pure and simple.

Did they kill anyone directly by pulling the trigger? No. Do they push and inspire people to kill police with their racist statements? - sure.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:17 PM
  • Do you really feel that decades of prejudicial, imbalanced and excessive policing by the City of Ferguson had absolutely nothing to do with this?

Nope. Sure don't....Do you think those types of things, which is pure speculation, demanded them to act like that?

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:22 PM
  • Do you think those types of things, which is pure speculation,

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:22 PM

You may have missed it, but the Department of Justice conducted an investigation and issued a report saying "those types of things" are happening in Ferguson.

You may disagree with the findings, but calling it pure speculation simply isn't true.

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:24 PM
  • It is a little far fetched to believe the City of Ferguson is the only community in all of America that has had decades of prejudicial, imbalanced and excessive policing .

-- Posted by Turtle. on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:24 PM

Yes it is. I don't know anyone who believes that, do you?

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:25 PM
  • I ask again , why didn't DOJ Holder correct these situtations effective 2008 ?

-- Posted by Turtle. on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:26 PM

Unfortunately, the DoJ can't be everywhere and do everything. Usually something very bad has to happen before they can get involved.

Rondey King ??

-- Posted by Turtle. on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:26 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but the DoJ did bring civil rights charges against the officers involved and was very involved in changes to the LAPD.

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:40 PM
  • Do you really feel that decades of prejudicial, imbalanced and excessive policing by the City of Ferguson had absolutely nothing to do with this?

The above statement is pure speculation.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:48 PM
  • "The above statement is pure speculation."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 5:02 PM
  • "The above statement is pure speculation."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 5:02 PM

Touché....Isn't this game fun?...

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 5:10 PM
  • -- Posted by Turtle. on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:58 PM

No, I don't think anyone feels that Ferguson is unique in this regard.

Do you know anyone claiming Ferguson is unique?

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 5:18 PM
  • I remember all the riots and cop killings in St. Marys after the nearly decade long period of targeting innocent drivers for speeding fines to finance an out of control police department.

If not for the federal police involvement to set an example, cities like Perryville would be able to get away with non-reflective street signs. Thankfully, we've come a long way with progressivism.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 7:25 PM
  • Not sure this thread needs to continue. The president sent a tweet so what else is to be said?

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 8:10 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 8:10 PM

OJ: Good thing Pres. Pinky didn't send an email via Hillary's private server cause it never would have been seen by the public.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 8:58 PM
  • Was watching some live coverage and one guy with a mask has the body language and features of the guy on camera earlier agitating to burn this b down. Another guy interviewed , a Mr Mohammad claims the shooter/s was KKK or police designed to give the police public opinion authorization to kill some more of his people.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 11:04 PM
  • Did anyone watch Obama spewing wisdom on a late night comedy show? I understand that's where he communicates with his followers lately.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 10:36 AM
  • OJ - yep.

He finds out about major issues in the world from the news. And then goes on talk shows to answer questions.

I gotta tell you - not much has changed in 8 years. Anyone that could look beyond his race and charm realized he's inexperienced, aligned with marxist ideals and very thin skinned.

Same guy he was 8 years ago. Unfortunately he now gets to dictate to us...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 1:02 PM
  • If they find the person/s that shot the cops Obama might hold another beer summit and declare the cops at fault.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 2:02 PM
  • OJ: Rick is up there now and will probably bring the shooter in.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 3:16 PM
  • I see Peter Kinder used his minute to bash Nixon.

Semo, Don't forget Mic drives through there everyday and can give a quick report on her work computer.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 4:39 PM
  • can give a quick report-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 4:39 PM

What kind of report do you want?

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 4:51 PM
  • Some footage of Rick catching the cop shooter and a selfie of you and Rick arguing over who gets the reward.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 5:06 PM
  • OJ: That would be a hoot to see Mic2 and Rick both bringing the shooter in and splitting the reward.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 7:17 PM
  • semo, Could be a new reality show. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 7:32 PM
  • OJ: There is already a "Dog and Beth" reality show.☺☺

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Mar 13, 2015, at 7:49 PM
  • Thank you President Obama and Eric Holder! More violence in Baltimore because of a black mans death - with NO EVIDENCE released as to what happened. Just a knee-jerk riot with violence and looting - and yet we have nothing to judge this case on.

Police Make Arrests, Officers Hurt In Clash With Rioters. Police say seven officers were seriously injured in the melee, some with broken bones. At least one is unresponsive. They are now getting treatment. There's looting at a CVS store along W. North Avenue. Several police vehicles were also set on fire.

====

Are you democrats happy with your racist leaders? Let's see, violence, rioting, looting, shooting and cops dead thanks to the racial animus displayed by Holder, Obama and Sharpton.

Are you proud dems?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Apr 27, 2015, at 4:42 PM
  • Dug, I just watched a line of cops using plastic shields to block softball size rocks. It is time to get past the turn the other cheek attitude and bust some heads. A CVS store burning and the thugs cut the fire hoses.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Apr 27, 2015, at 6:28 PM
  • Baltimore is a democrat run city, oppression is equally dispersed.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Apr 27, 2015, at 8:34 PM
  • - Posted by Old John on Mon, Apr 27, 2015, at 6:28 PM

Saw that. Ms. Mayor dropped the ball also.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Apr 27, 2015, at 8:46 PM
  • I don't think what she said was what she meant. She was trying to say they needed to give protesters room to protest but doing so also gave the thugs room to operate and what a thin line that is. When she tried to explain she made it worse. Clearly in my opinion not the best of democrat talkers.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Apr 27, 2015, at 9:05 PM
  • Last week I went out and purchased a new TV for use up at the farm. A nice Sharp 32 inch flat screen. And it weighed only 11lbs and a few ounces.

Later I started thinking about where tecnology has taken us, and I also thought I bet tbose black folks rioting and looting in Ferguson were happy for technology as well. Shoot, just a few short years ago it took two strong men to steal a TV..... now one rather puny man can stick a TV under each arm and run with them. Kind of a twofer deal, steal one TV and get one free. A bonus round so to speak.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Apr 27, 2015, at 11:38 PM
  • Wheels: You should have waited till the next looting in Ferguson and go in with them and get a free one.;-)

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 9:24 AM
  • After listening to the mayor again this morning, I'm beginning to think she's just not very bright.

Regarding the guy that they allege was injured in police custody and later died, It looked to me as if he may have been hurt before he was put into the van.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 9:53 AM
  • Had the national guard been called in too early, those with nothing to do but complain from behind their computer screens, would have criticized the mayor for that also. Katrina comes to mind.

Are there lessons to be learned? As always, yes.

IMO The Mayor has expressed her disappointment in the criminal element and encouraged a state of calm... as has the family of the young man who is dead.

Who or what started this mess? It appears, like in Ferguson, a confrontation with law enforcement. Obviously, change needs to happen.

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 11:46 AM
  • Obviously, change needs to happen. -- Posted by Tribune on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 11:46 AM

Yes - in the case of Ferguson, criminal black males need to stop trying to assault and kill police officers. And thugs need to be arrested when shooting, looting and burning down private property before any judicial review has even begun.

Problem solved.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 12:01 PM
  • "Katrina comes to mind."

As I recall, those with nothing better to do than complain from behind their computer screens argued that the National Guard wasn't called in quickly enough there, as well.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 12:14 PM
  • Shapley. I recall a lot of comments about martial law state. However, my memory fails me at times.

Du. If I recall correctly, wasn't the city of Ferguson found guilty of violating citizen civil rights? Suggesting that the core of law enforcement culture needs to change, as well as, how young minorities interact when confronted.

While specific details are not known, it seems obvious that more than one law enforcement officer harmed this young man who died while in their care. Then, they refused him timely medical care.

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 12:38 PM
  • Du. If I recall correctly, wasn't the city of Ferguson found guilty of violating citizen civil rights? Suggesting that the core of law enforcement culture needs to change, as well as, how young minorities interact when confronted. -- Posted by Tribune on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 12:38 PM

Tribune - the last I heard was a report from the US DOJ that exposed some emails they considered to be racist between two employees. They also chided Ferguson for writing so many tickets to ALL people in Ferguson (not just blacks) and for issuing additional citations for not showing up in court burying citizens in tickets, court dates and fines. I'm not sure any true "civil rights" violations were filed.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 1:09 PM
  • "The Justice Department, which opened its investigation after a white Ferguson police officer shot and killed a black teenager last summer, says the discrimination was fueled in part by racial stereotypes held by city officials. Investigators say the officials made racist jokes about blacks on their city email accounts.

[O]ver the past two years, African-Americans made up about two-thirds of the city's population but accounted for 85 percent of traffic stops, 90 percent of citations, 93 percent of arrests and 88 percent of cases in which the police used force.

Black motorists were twice as likely as whites to be searched but less likely to be found in possession of contraband such as drugs or guns."(New York Times)

"Blacks in Ferguson were 68% less likely than others to have their cases dismissed by the Municipal Judge and were disproportionately likely to have a warrant issued against them, according to the report. As recently as 2013, 96% of the people who were arrested on an outstanding warrant were black.

But even more than the treatment they received once stopped, the Justice Department's report found that blacks were used in the criminal justice system to buoy the city's economy and balance its budget. The practices uncovered by federal investigators have violated residents' Constitutional Rights of due process and equal protection under the law.

The DOJ's report found that blacks were also subject to unfair stops and arrest for minor offenses like "manner of walking" in a roadway." (MSNBC)

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 3:23 PM
  • Are you teal?

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 3:46 PM
  • None of the data you posted - none - is sufficient evidence or any wrongdoing. None of it provides any background information on exactly why they were stopped, if they had prior records on a database or if they resisted arrest, appeared intoxicated, etc.

Kinda like Eric Holder whining that he was stopped for no reason except for "driving while black". Absolutely irresponsible and racist in and of itself. He has zero proof of that but it never stops him from repeating it.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 4:06 PM
  • The DOJ's report found that blacks were also subject to unfair stops and arrest for minor offenses like "manner of walking" in a roadway." (MSNBC)

-- Posted by Tribune on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 3:23 PM

Manner of walking in roadway? Is that after you bludgeon a small man and steal from him?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 10:23 PM
  • Looks like ferguson is fired up again.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 10:26 PM
  • "The DOJ's report found that blacks were also subject to unfair stops and arrest for minor offenses like "manner of walking" in a roadway."

In certain parts of the cities, pedestrians will walk slowly when crossing traffic lanes, deliberately impeding traffic. It was reported a few years ago that motorists were robbed while stopped for jaywalkers. It is entirely possible that such stops were made to reduce such behaviour.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 6:51 AM
  • Once again the hands of the police and National Guard were tied up until the city of Baltimore started to burn. Time to react to rioters (not peaceful protesters) is when the first rock is thrown or the first building fire started. There is plenty of room to "store" the rioters till calm prevails....the baseball stadium would be a good storage place since they are not playing ball anyway....what a disgrace for a city.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 8:11 AM
  • "Car horns worked on the small neighbor streets and jay walking is no big deal . I'm not sure where this urban legend came from ."

It's not an urban legend. I happened here locally. It happened in East St. Louis, MO, where I was advised by the locals not to stop at the stop signs along State Street. It happens in a lot of cities.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 8:32 AM
  • I see people walking in the street on Sprigg and they don't move over. If I hit them am I liable?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 7:20 PM
  • I see people walking diagonally across the street between Walmart and the parking lot with no clue there are specific wide areas designated for crossing with pedestrian right of way. Makes me feel blessed to know better.

Looks like NYC low life are looking for a reason to loot tonight.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 7:41 PM
  • Looks like NYC low life are looking for a reason to loot tonight. -- Posted by Old John on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 7:41 PM

Why not? Obama and Holder have given them the "green light" to loot, shoot and burn.

You're sitting on the couch, life sucks, why not go have some fun and pick up a TV, some new tires, and maybe even get on a youtube video.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 7:44 PM
  • Dug, I comes down to that flawed liberal logic.

Common will explain it later.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 7:47 PM
  • Common will explain it later. -- Posted by Old John on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 7:47 PM

Let me guess...

1) It's Bush's fault...

2) It's Republican's fault...

3) It's the Koch brother's fault...

4) See number 1) above

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 8:08 PM
  • --Posted by ▪Rick on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 5:11 PM

Rick: Why in the world would you ever want to go to East St. Louis, Il?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 8:17 PM
  • Looks like NYC low life are looking for a reason to loot tonight.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 7:41 PM

It has warmed up and stealing other people stuff is profitable. You pay wholesale to fill your store and the thieves sell it for 75% off of that.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 8:31 PM
  • "East St. Louis, MO"

Oops.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 8:40 PM
  • Now there is some talk that the Baltimore mayor specifically issued a stand down order when they could have confronted the looters.

At first I thought the republican governor was giving the mayor enough rope, maneuvering for political points. Now it looks like she is just afflicted so bad with liberalism she is incompetent.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 8:45 PM
  • Some of the latest news. Very interesting.

===

"A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray "banging against the walls" of the vehicle and believed that he "was intentionally trying to injure himself," according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.

The prisoner, who is currently in jail, was separated from Gray by a metal partition and could not see him. His statement is contained in an application for a search warrant, which is sealed by the court. The Post was given the document under the condition that the prisoner not be named because the person who provided it feared for the inmate's safety.

The document, written by a Baltimore police investigator, offers the first glimpse of what might have happened inside the van. It is not clear whether any additional evidence backs up the prisoner's version, which is just one piece of a much larger probe.

Gray was found unconscious in the wagon when it arrived at a police station on April 12. The 25-year-old had suffered a spinal injury and died a week later"

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 9:49 PM
  • -- Posted by Dug on Wed, Apr 29, 2015, at 9:49 PM

That is not going to help. The cops are already guilty.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Apr 30, 2015, at 10:23 PM
  • Baltimore riots due to income inequality. Answer is for federal government to take on another $1 trillion of debt to pay for infrastructure. So says university economist.

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/Roubini-Baltimore-income-inequality/20...

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Apr 30, 2015, at 10:42 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Apr 30, 2015, at 10:46 PM
  • Michael Moore has the answers. The U.S. is lucky to benefit from this great American.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/hey-everybody-really-big-and-fat-michael-moore-h...

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Apr 30, 2015, at 10:48 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Apr 30, 2015, at 11:29 PM
  • Next demand: Disarm the police. We have a 1/4 billion 2nd amendment guns in our homes 4 protection. We'll survive til the right cops r hired

-- Michael Moore (@MMFlint) April 30, 2015

Moore needs help.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Apr 30, 2015, at 11:33 PM
  • The best way to calm everyone down would be to announce the arrest of all the police that had anything to do with the man's arrest. Later we can get justice from the hospital and all others.

Sounds like there was no reason to arrest him.

Since this is such a wide spread problem, should we now implement a federal police force? The constitution has always been in favor of a federal police, right? If not the FBI would have a simple mission of investigation without the need for arms.

If I was a popular long gone poster I could tie it all into the new world order conspiracy to dissolve all local and state police agencies to be replaced with a federal police with U.N. backing.

May be my point is, the more we demand guarantee of equality and fair play from government the more government we get to obey.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, May 1, 2015, at 8:39 PM
  • The only law enforcement in the constitution is the sheriff.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, May 1, 2015, at 10:29 PM
  • No. Do they push and inspire people to kill police with their racist statements? - sure.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Mar 12, 2015, at 4:17 PM

And your evidence of this is??? Please present it.

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 4:49 PM
  • Are you positive you actually know goes on in the streets of Ferguson ?

-- Posted by ▪Rick on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 4:15 PM

You are not a US citizen. You cannot vote. I doubt you pay taxes. Go away. You words mean nothing to this great nation. Beat it.

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 5:02 PM
  • -- Posted by The Spaniard on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 5:02 PM

El Spicoli, you're a troll. We definitely don't need you.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 5:05 PM
  • When visiting Ferguson Holder makes it clear of his disdain for police: "Holder told students at a Ferguson community college about his own personal experiences with racism. "I am the attorney general of the United States. But I am also a black man." He recalled police pulling him over while driving on the New Jersey turnpike and while walking to a cinema in Georgetown. "I remember how humiliating that was and how angry I was and the impact it had on me."

Race baiting Attorney General whining about being stopped for no reason. Happens all the time. But Holder, in the height of tension over Michael Brown makes a personal visit and shows his disdain for police.

===

Your presidents comments on the Michael Brown shooting to the Congressional Black Caucus - more dissing of police officers as if Michael Brown was targeted simply for being black:

"Too many young men of color feel targeted by law enforcement -- guilty of walking while black or driving while black, judged by stereotypes that fuel fear and resentment and hopelessness."

===

"Two police officers sitting in their patrol car in Brooklyn were shot at point-blank range and killed on Saturday afternoon by a man who, officials said, had traveled to the city from Baltimore vowing to kill officers.

He made statements on social media suggesting that he planned to kill police officers and was angered about the Eric Garner and Michael Brown cases."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/nyregion/two-police-officers-shot-in-their-pat...

===

Enjoy. I'm sure you have an "opinion" that doesn't agree - expected from a far-left liberal and Obama/Holder supporter.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 5:16 PM
  • Nice fail Dug. Violent people will do what they do. Dug thinks they need the gubmint to tell them to. Because that's how the Dug thinks.

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 5:52 PM
  • Are you black ?

-- Posted by ▪Rick on Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 3:43 PM

Are you a US Citizen who votes? Nope.

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 5:54 PM
  • -- Posted by The Spaniard on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 5:52 PM

That comment from you is affirmation that I was correct. You've got no credibility here. Should I delve into the "scary" archives that absolutely get you into jitters? I can see you shaking now - your own words played back to you.

Such a child.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 5:57 PM
  • That comment from you is affirmation that I was correct. You've got no credibility here. Should I delve into the "scary" archives that absolutely get you into jitters? I can see you shaking now - your own words played back to you.

Such a child.

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 5:57 PM

The response above has nothing to do with what I said.

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 6:05 PM
  • Where did the mouthy non-tax paying, non-citizen, non-voting crybaby Rick go?

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 6:18 PM
  • Spaniard: This is what your comments does to me: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 6:34 PM
  • -- Posted by The Spaniard on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 6:18 PM

Do you realize how dumb you sound?...

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, May 2, 2015, at 6:35 PM
  • In the news today:

"The city of Baltimore received over $1.8 billion from President Obama's stimulus law, including $467.1 million to invest in education and $26.5 million for crime prevention.

Obama claimed last Tuesday that if the Republican-controlled Congress would implement his policies to make "massive investments in urban communities," they could "make a difference right now" in the city, currently in upheaval following the death of Freddie Gray.

However, a Washington Free Beacon analysis found that the Obama administration and Democratically-controlled Congress did make a "massive" investment into Baltimore, appropriating $1,831,768,487 though the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), commonly known as the stimulus."

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 4, 2015, at 7:36 AM
  • Dug: Pres. Pinky lied, who would have thought.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, May 4, 2015, at 8:01 AM
  • Semo - it never ends with this guy does it! Unfortunately there will be that low-info crowd of democrats that will eat every word he says. Without a clue of the facts.

$1.8 BILLION in a handout of taxpayer money and Obama says "It's Republicans fault". That is the problem with liberals - just look on these threads. It's NEVER enough with them. More, more, more spending...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 4, 2015, at 8:54 AM
  • http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/opinion/sunday/ross-douthat-our-police-union-p...

"FOR decades now, conservatives have pressed the case that public sector unions do not serve the common good.

"The argument is philosophical and practical at once. First, the state monopoly on certain vital services makes even work slowdowns unacceptable and the ability to fire poor-performing personnel essential, and a unionized work force creates problems on both fronts.

"Second, the government's money is not its own, so negotiations between politicians and their employees (who are also often their political supporters) amount to a division of spoils rather than a sharing of profits. Third, these negotiations inevitably drive up the cost of public services, benefiting middle-class bureaucrats at the expense of the poor, and saddling governments with long-term fiscal burdens that the terms of union contracts make it extremely difficult to lift.

"Finally, union lobbying power can bias public-policy decisions toward the interests of state employees. To take just one particularly perverse example: In California over the last few decades, the correctional officers union first lobbied for a prison-building spree and then, well-entrenched, exercised veto power over criminal justice reform.

"These points add up to a strong argument that the rise of public sector unions represents a decadent phase in the history of the welfare state, a case study in the warping influence of self-dealing and interest-group politics.

"But as we've been reminded by the agony of Baltimore, this argument also applies to a unionized public work force that conservatives are often loath to criticize: the police.

"Police unions do have critics on the right. But thanks to a mix of cultural affinity, conservative support for law-and-order policies and police union support for Republican politicians, there hasn't been a strong right-of-center constituency for taking on their privileges. Instead, many Republican governors have deliberately exempted police unions from collective-bargaining reforms -- and one who didn't, John Kasich of Ohio, saw those reforms defeated.

"In an irony typical of politics, then, the right's intellectual critique of public-sector unions is illustrated by the ease with which police unions have bridled and ridden actual right-wing politicians. Which in turn has left those unions in a politically enviable position, insulated from any real pressure to reform.

"Yet reform is what they need. There are many similarities between police officers and teachers: Both belong to professions filled with heroic and dedicated public servants, and both enjoy deep reservoirs of public sympathy as a result. But in both professions, unions have consistently exploited that sympathy to protect failed policies and incompetent personnel.

"With this important difference, however: Even with the worst teacher, the effects are diffused across many years and many kids, and it's hard for just one teacher to do that much damage to any given student. A bad cop, on the other hand, can leave his victim dead or permanently damaged, and under the right circumstances one cop's bad call -- or a group of cops' habitual thuggishness -- can be the spark that leaves a city like Baltimore in flames.

"Last December, my colleague David Brooks noted that police unions are resisting change on every issue where police reform might be contemplated, from body cameras for officers to reversing the militarization of local law enforcement. But after the untimely death of Freddie Gray, no issue looms larger than the need to discipline, suspend and fire police officers who don't belong on the streets -- and the obstacles their unions put up to that all-too-necessary process.

"The cases from all over the country where unions and arbitration boards have reinstated abusive cops make for an extraordinary and depressing litany. Baltimore is no exception. Last fall, The Baltimore Sun reported on the police commissioner's struggle to negotiate enough authority to quickly remove and punish his own cops, and the union's resistance to swift action and real oversight persists.

"What we know so far about the officer who first pursued Mr. Gray (his history of mental health issues, in particular) suggests that he might have benefited from being eased into a different line of work. This issue is particularly pressing if you believe that some of the aggressive police tactics criticized in the wake of Mr. Gray's death, and Eric Garner's in Staten Island -- the stress on quality-of-life and "broken windows" policing, the focus on misdemeanors and disorderly conduct -- have played a significant role in America's declining crime rate and our much-safer cities.

"Some liberals have decided these tactics haven't made a difference, or that they aren't needed anymore. I think this view is na*ve, and dangerously so. But to sustain this kind of police work, it's necessary to restrain the excesses associated with it; to restrain those excesses, it's necessary to hold cops accountable. And that can only happen if we reckon with the ways in which police unions, no less than other interest groups, can align against the public that their members vow to serve."

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, May 4, 2015, at 9:05 AM
  • I think there is a deference, in general, for conservatives to have a special consideration for those that put their lives on the line in public service. Quite a bit of a difference between an IRS auditor, a SS clerk, etc. and a LEO that has to deal with the problems our society has cultivated.

Another example is military service. As a nation we've decided if you stay in the military for 20 years, you can get 50% of your pay for life. At least that's the way I understood it. Or 30 years and you get 75% of your pay for life.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, May 4, 2015, at 9:09 AM
  • A man shot while running from police or not?

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 4, 2015, at 2:30 PM
  • Maybe not.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 4, 2015, at 4:04 PM
  • Rick, It seems no one was shot. One eyewitness said the cop shot the kid down.

Sometimes we see what we think we are going to see.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, May 4, 2015, at 5:38 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, May 4, 2015, at 9:21 PM

Respond to this thread