Speak Out: God of the Bible vs the Christian God

Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Jun 20, 2015, at 5:34 PM:

God has no need to kill people. The politicians you and your fellow citizens worship do all the killing we can handle.

Replies (28)

• God has no need to kill people.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Jun 20, 2015, at 5:34 PM

So he did it for fun?

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, Jun 20, 2015, at 5:47 PM
  • No, Ike. He didn't do it for fun. If that were so, you wouldn't be here.

-- Posted by RELee on Sat, Jun 20, 2015, at 5:54 PM

Then why did he massacre so many people?

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, Jun 20, 2015, at 6:26 PM
  • Then why did he massacre so many people? -- Posted by The Spaniard on Sat, Jun 20, 2015, at 6:26 PM

Some of your atheist friends - again:

Mao Tse Tung: 40 million killed

Stalin: 20 million killed (10-70 million in some estimates)

Hilter: another good 20 million or so

Now, who massacred so many people? Your atheist friends.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 8:28 AM
  • That is the worst offence of all. To me Sunday School teachers belong in the same group as Child Molesters and drunks who beat their kids. If not worse at least there are laws to protect Children from Physical and Sexual Abuse, none protects them from Religion.

-- Posted by Closeted Atheist on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 8:23 AM

You just described the politicians and their government that you wholeheartedly worship.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 9:20 AM
  • I get it from your own words little boy.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 9:46 AM
  • Closeted Atheist the more you post, the more unhinged you reveal yourself to be and the less credibility you have, you are probably embarrassing other atheists as well.

-- Posted by 356 on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 9:59 AM
  • atheist sure does a lot of name calling to try and get his point across.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 10:16 AM
  • Getting ready to go worship the great myth in the sky. Anything I need to know little boy?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 10:23 AM
  • "I am going to get in trouble...and I know we all make spelling, 'grammer' errors (self included), but Closeted...I can't read your ideas because of all the mistakes."

Theorist, One that so easily fills in his own spelling when he doesn't know the correct spelling probably fills in his own meaning when he has no clue of the meaning in the Bible.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 11:34 AM
  • Rick, you would be wrong according to atheist. He says there are plenty of idiot and moron posters. He is a critical thinker, therefore he knows.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 2:13 PM
  • ^Say hello to the Magic Sky Daddy for me.

-- Posted by Closeted Atheist on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 11:04 AM

Magic Sky Daddy says hello back at you. Says to remind you that he loves you. Oh, and says he prefers to be called "The Big Guy".

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 2:24 PM
  • The bible is just a book written by mortal man. Just a book of personal opinions.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 7:21 PM
  • My preacher doesn't want me to read the bible? Then why has he asked for us to read a verse from the New Testament every day, M-F until we have finished the complete New Testament?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 7:24 PM
  • Kind of strange how many of those nonbelieving scientists have unearthed artifacts that coincide with so many events in the Bible.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 7:52 PM
  • But have any of you ever read to Old Testament? Probably not.

-- Posted by Closeted Atheist on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 8:29 PM

I have no use for the Old Testament. Why would I read it?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 8:44 PM
  • I haven't one smidget of care what the Atheist thinks about Christianity. Not one. Or what Spaniard thinks about it either. He's been good to make fun of Christians in the past - repeatedly. Why would anyone concern themselves with what an Atheist thinks about God? Not me.

My only posts have been to remind him as he piously criticizes Christians/God/etc. that his Faitheist friends are some of the most ruthless, murderous people in the world. He tries to discredit something he doesn't believe in by making Christians sound stupid. I could care less. I'm more concerned with his angry persona and how that is in line with Stalin, Hitler and Mao.

Great company...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 9:02 PM
  • It would appear to be blatantly clear that the SO group has little to no tolerance for differing opinions. Possibly tolerance and logic are interconnected as neither are included as one of the "groups" strong suits.

Any religious convictions or lack thereof are entirely the province of the individuals themselves, and I'd suggest that no one has the right to try to force another to change their views on the subject.

I do agree that there is no requirement to embrace religion to be a honest and moral person, and at the same time, if others choose to welcome religious tenets or beliefs, and those support them in their daily life, that's their decision, and it's no one else's business.

And for a number of obvious reasons, I would not foresee CA changing any of the positions of our SO members, and doubt that he wants to.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 9:14 PM
  • and doubt that he wants to. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 9:14 PM

Pray tell us what he does want to do?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 9:17 PM
  • If Common is not part of the SO group, why is he posting on SO?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 9:21 PM
  • And for a number of obvious reasons, I would not foresee CA changing any of the positions of our SO members, and doubt that he wants to.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 9:14 PM

From his own mouth, changing others position on religion is his life's goal.

Common, you are just as intolerant of other's opinions that differ from yours as anyone else on SO.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sun, Jun 21, 2015, at 10:05 PM
  • "...are just as intolerant of other's opinions..."

What evidence are you applying to reach that conclusion? If I recall correctly , I have always indicated that all people have a right to their opinions. Pointing out that they are not entitled to their own "facts" is not being intolerant, and neither is correcting frequent instances of misinformation on SO.

I would suggest that I have not even expressed intolerance for those concluding that the most important activity of people in out country is the accumulation of wealth, while denying a need for Americans to sacrifice in any way for the good of future generations.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 7:31 AM
  • "Pointing out that they are not entitled to their own "facts" is not being intolerant, and neither is correcting frequent instances of misinformation on SO."

And that in a nutshell is your problem Mr Common...... you insist on yours being the only facts possible. Even when you are proven wrong!

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 8:21 AM
  • Common: If you work for a living you are entitled to keep your rewards; not to give it to the blood sucking freeloaders.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 8:39 AM
  • "....you insist on yours being the only facts possible."

That's just your opinion, and as always, you're welcome to it.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 8:47 AM
  • That's just your opinion, and as always, you're welcome to it. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 8:47 AM

Believe me - it isn't just his opinion.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 9:31 AM
  • That's not a problem, it can be yours too. Still doesn't make it correct.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 10:16 AM
  • I do believe Theorist nailed the troll yesterday evening.

Common again hitched his mule to any old gut wagon that comes along and that mule is sway backed,long in the tooth and overdue for the Bollinger County Hide and Glue Rendering. I look less forward to a trolls comments or a wordy manifesto from common proclaiming superior intelligence than I use to when I didn't care at all. As Theorist so succinctly put it yesterday...."done".

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 10:18 AM
  • Still doesn't make it correct. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 10:16 AM

And that's your opinion as well. Still doesn't make that correct.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Jun 22, 2015, at 11:06 AM

Respond to this thread