Speak Out: The way it is or just stupid

Posted by Old John on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 8:32 PM:

This makes me wonder. One stupid cop, a stupid policy, a stupid reaction or unchecked political correctness gone awry? Knee jerk interference of race baiters or genuine concern?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TOSSED_STUDENT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TE...

Replies (36)

• It's absolutely a) an overreaction on the cops part and b) a HUGE overreaction on the part of our federal government.

I can't say there is racism involved although the race-baiters are having a field day with it.

Meanwhile, as the federal government gets involved in a student incident in a school another video was released with abortion doctors going on about how they dilate and try and intentionally deliver babies "breech" so they can get better organs and possibly better spine/brain material.

The Obama admin seems to think thats "OK" but this is worthy of a federal investigation? Absolutely stupid IMO.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 8:35 PM
  • Dug, Which story do you reckon the media will mention?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 8:43 PM
  • Already the race-baiting industry is out front along with the federal government.

And abortion on demand for baby parts? Nothing to see here. You won't see that in the media too much!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 8:52 PM
  • Another case of someone (the student) not following the direction of someone in charge (the teacher and vice principal) getting into a scuffle with a LEO. The two videos that I have seen shows the LEO used excessive force but it didn't have to happen if the student followed the direction of her teacher and put away the phone in the first place. The vice principal was called in and backed up the teacher to no avail from the student. No respect for those in authority by certain folks will continue to lead to these types of occurrences until an attitude adjustment is made by those who are not in charge and likewise an attitude adjustment is made those in charge.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 9:11 PM
  • Wear a t-shirt some liberal teacher doesn't like "offensive to the diverse student population" - suspended and sent home...

Chew a cookie into the shape of a gun at 6 years old "violent tendencies" - suspended and sent home...

Kiss a little girl on the playground "sexual harassment" - suspended and sent home...

Disobey the teacher, the administrator and the LEO - you're a hero... if the color matching is right for all the players.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 9:15 PM
  • Rick, I don't think the schools should rely on enhancing the authority of the police by giving into to PC idea of protecting themselves from any accusations concerning student discipline.

Sounds to me the cop was an idiot and in a further observation, police wouldn't be needed if the big gun free zone sign wasn't the first thing seen.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 9:18 PM
  • Hell let the kid express herself. You will damage her personality otherwise.

She will make a fine citizen in a few more years as she exploits all the welfare giveaway programs.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 9:24 PM
  • Who decided cell phones were allowed in a classroom? Maybe they weren't allowed, the article doesn't say.

Not sure if any young parents today have time to read these forums, suspect most are busy trying to keep up with the Jones' and pay for insurance, food and other necessities while working one or two 30 hour/week jobs.

If any are reading, I would advise two major objectives; get your children into a private school [Catholic or other Christian denomination] and save up as much as possible in case things get worse.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 9:44 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 9:44 PM

Old John,

I agree with the private schools and there are many out there. I am familiar with the Catholic schools but know the Lutherans do a super job too, and there are others as well.

And if there is a strong organization locally the Home Schoolers can be a viable alternate. I was a silent wait and see doubter when my younger daughter started it with her two children. I am amazed at what they are doing without the Nanny Government to step in. I am also satisfied they are getting a better education than that of the government schools.

And there have been no discipline issues that I am aware of.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 10:00 PM
  • If any are reading, I would advise two major objectives; get your children into a private school [Catholic or other Christian denomination] and save up as much as possible in case things get worse.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 9:44 PM

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ÁÙ on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 10:00 PM

Amen!!

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 10:09 PM
  • With G W wars, not everyone can afford private schools, whatcha been smoking?

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 5:55 AM
  • With G W wars, not everyone can afford private schools, whatcha been smoking?

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 5:55 AM

You had a small typo. Should be "With UN wars"

No biggie. Everyone makes mistakes now and then.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:18 AM
  • The "small government" crowd in this thread is amusing.

The incident linked is yet another actual example of government abusing its citizens, but for some reason the discussion isn't about that, but rather about the fact that some people think race was a factor or the fact that the federal government is involved (at the local sheriff's request).

My favorite quote in this thread, though, is: "And if there is a strong organization locally..."

That's called a government!

It seems the problem the "small government" folks have isn't actually with an over-reaching government, but rather a government that doesn't do exactly what they want 100% of the time.

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:21 AM
  • "My favorite quote in this thread, though, is: "And if there is a strong organization locally..."

That's called a government!"

Mischick

Well I am so happy I could amuse you. You may call it what you please. But it is local control at it's simplest form and comes with a lot of love and donated time. And they far exceed state stadards for education.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:34 AM
  • -- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:34 AM

First, I've barely posted in weeks. I have done nothing to deserve name calling.

Second, I'm saying nothing for or against home schooling. However, I found it amusing that you essentially said a government (reiterated by the phrase "local control") is necessary for it to work.

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:42 AM
  • My only problem with the incident is that the cop didn't take her cell phone and stick it up her donkey.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:43 AM
  • "First, I've barely posted in weeks. I have done nothing to deserve name calling."

Want to take a poll to see how many have missed you.

I will start.... I haven't missed you!

And nowhere are you going to find that I have advocated no government Mischick. You're easy to amuse, happy I could be of service.... have a nice day.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 9:15 AM
  • And nowhere are you going to find that I have advocated no government -- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 9:15 AM

I didn't mean to imply that you advocate for NO government.

However, you have on numerous occasions stated that you believe government causes problems and have spoken out against government, right?

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 9:19 AM
  • "However, you have on numerous occasions stated that you believe government causes problems and have spoken out against government, right?"

Big bloated government, YES! Local control no!

Whizzing contest is over.

EOC

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 9:25 AM
  • Big bloated government, YES! Local control no!-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 9:25 AM

Understood. Again, I apologize if I implied differently.

With that in mind, then, where do you think the line should be drawn? For instance, how many people do you feel would be able to participate in your daughter's home-schooling organization before it crosses from "local control" to "big, bloated government"?

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 9:43 AM
  • Having trouble with YouTube copy/paste but a new video of a principal getting body slammed by,yep,some fine upstanding,misunderstood black kid is out there. Doubt it gets any MSM attention.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 12:04 PM
  • Posted by MicCheck2 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 9:43 AM

Mic2: The founding fathers didn't intend to have a "big, bloated government" but one of state's rights with the Federal government in charge of national defense and the printing of money among it's chief duties.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 12:21 PM
  • As long as we have veered of subject, let me offer a opinion.

When the county was very young, the president was in an executive office, the congress was in the capitol and the supreme court was in the basement under the senate and house.

I don't think the founders ever intended the judges to rely on their opinions of laws passed by the legislature but only to make sure they were not in conflict with the existing law of the constitution.

Recently we have seen the court offer a way around the constitution by calling an unconstitutional mandate a tax.

We also have seen judges participate in queer weddings and then not recuse themselves in ruling the ridiculous in that federal law can tell states to change the definition of marriage.

Couple that with the fact that the executive branch has with the approval of congress gained power to rule through agencies and we are very close to dictatorship. As long as the dictator is changed every 4 or 8 years, people will continue to allow being ruled by a government for the government and by the government.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 5:57 PM
  • Talk about entertainment, we have a liberal progressive media posing trick questions to try to make the republican candidates look bad and fight amongst themselves.

Common is probably on high, might be on the verge of needing to back away from the TV for health risk.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:02 PM
  • Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:02 PM

OJ: Very true, the real winners at the Republican debate were the candidates and the losers tonight were the CNBC moderators with their Democratic talking points questions.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 10:12 PM
  • Talk about entertainment, we have a liberal progressive media posing trick questions to try to make the republican candidates look bad and fight amongst themselves.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 8:02 PM

I didn't watch the debate. What kind of trick questions were asked?

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 8:13 AM
  • I didn't watch the debate. What kind of trick questions were asked?

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 8:13 AM

I would explain but it would go over your head.

I don't believe there were trick questions...just questions the candidates did not want to answer...concerning bankruptcy, voting records or the lack there of, fantasy tax plans...

-- Posted by Theorist on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 9:00 AM

You believe what you have been programmed to believe.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 11:04 AM
  • So you think the fantasy football question was a legitimate one?

-- Posted by G. H. on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 10:54 AM

This is the second time someone's mentioned the fantasy football question, so I googled it. It sounds like someone asked if sites like FanDuels should be regulated like gambling. Is that about right?

If so, that seems like a pretty softball question to me, giving the candidate the perfect opportunity to hit an anti-government regulation talking point. Am I missing something?

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 11:20 AM
  • "Am I missing something?"

Obviously.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 1:35 PM
  • Obviously.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 1:35 PM

Fair enough. What am I missing?

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 1:46 PM
  • It seems logical to me that a debate among candidates for the office of president should be about things that should be of concern to a president.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 2:58 PM
  • -- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 1:46 PM

You're a bright girl, you will eventually figure it out.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 3:10 PM
  • -- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 1:46 PM

You're a bright girl, you will eventually figure it out.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 3:11 PM
  • Can anyone tell me why the question about daily fantasy sports sites was a trick question or unfair?

Sure, it may not have been about the most pressing issue, but it is a legitimate issue. Like I said earlier, the unimportance of the issue makes it more of a softball than an attempt to make anyone look bad.

I'm still curious about other examples of trick questions as well.

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 3:25 PM
  • If there is such a need to know, there have been hundreds of replays out there to watch on TV, and then there was the debate to watch to begin with.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 30, 2015, at 7:36 AM
  • I wouldn't say trick or unfair , I'd say it has nothing to do with holding the highest office in America .-- Posted by ▪Rick on Fri, Oct 30, 2015, at 4:18 AM

That's my perception as well. However, since I didn't watch the debate I might be misunderstanding something.

-- Posted by MicCheck2 on Fri, Oct 30, 2015, at 8:14 AM

Respond to this thread