Speak Out: Superbowl anyone???

Posted by Turnip on Sun, Feb 7, 2010, at 2:13 PM:

Just out of curiousity, who do you all think is gonna win? I'm not sure I have the teams correct but I'm goin' with N'Orleans. If I'm mixfused, I'm sure someone will tell me. ☻

Replies (14)

• Turnip, Most times I don't pay enough attention to know who is playing. Have not watched since the days Thiesman played ball and that was only because I met the man in a business meeting and later watched a game with some others. I was't impressed enough to remember who played then either.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Feb 7, 2010, at 2:50 PM
  • I am not concerned with the Superbowl. I have made other arrangements for the evening.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 7, 2010, at 8:14 PM
  • It's 9:42pm... can I still enter the contest to pick a winner?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 7, 2010, at 9:43 PM
  • I win! I win!

-- Posted by Turnip on Sun, Feb 7, 2010, at 9:48 PM
  • It is clear that you came predict the future Turnip. You have earned the new title of "The Amazing Turnip... Clairvoyant of The Southeast Missourian." Congratulations!

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sun, Feb 7, 2010, at 10:07 PM
  • My nomination for best commercial goes to the US Government, and their star studded census PSA. Ed Begley Jr. convinced me to fill my census form out completely and accurately so that my area gets it's fair share of distributed Federal money.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Mon, Feb 8, 2010, at 4:33 AM
  • I didn't consult the Delphi Oracle and she didn't say, so...

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Feb 8, 2010, at 6:43 AM
  • The real winner was James: he had fish.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Feb 8, 2010, at 9:04 AM
  • I thought that the game was great.

You had all the makings of a classic. The Colts were favored heavily, and nobody was giving the Saints much of a chance. This year, the NFL pundits did everything but rename the Lombardi trophy after Manning. Not to take anything away from Payton. The guy just figures out a way to win games, and does it like he has icewater running through his veins.

The Saints were unconventional to say the least. Sean Payton has cahoonas the size of coconuts. He is the ultimate coach in that he had his team believing that they were invincible. That usually spells disaster, but is a thing of beauty on the rare occasions that it actually works.

It was a good game. I like hard hits, and there were some decent ones. I like the whole "David and Goliath" undertones, and this game had that element. I like watching the O-line, and I thought that both sides did a nice job.

Most of all I like strategy. That is what beat the Colts. Sorry Manning, but you are no Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Bart Starr John Elway or Troy Aikman. You are a one hit wonder like Favre; doomed to reap records, winning seasons, dashed hopes and a bunch of "there is always next year"(s). Enjoy your one ring, because it is the only one you will ever win.

Which reminds me: Green Bay all the way in 2010!

-- Posted by Lumpy on Mon, Feb 8, 2010, at 4:31 PM
  • Green Bay all the way in 2010!

-- Posted by lumpy on Mon, Feb 8, 2010, at 4:31 PM

Sorry Lumpy, I'm just not seeing it. ☻

-- Posted by Turnip on Mon, Feb 8, 2010, at 6:29 PM
  • Just because your team lost doesn't mean you did. Just ask the bathroom scales.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Feb 8, 2010, at 6:44 PM
  • Oooops!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Feb 8, 2010, at 6:49 PM
  • Sorry, but Manning will go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time. Troy Aikman and Tom Brady should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Manning.

-- Posted by manning on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 12:55 PM
  • manning,

Agreed. Peyton will go down as one of the NFL's all-time greats at the QB position. And I will never mention Peyton Manning in the same sentence as Troy Aikman and Tom Brady again.

Now that I think about it, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, and Peyton Manning are three completely different styles of quarterback, and any comparison doesn't really do Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, or Peyton Manning any justice.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 5:29 PM

Respond to this thread