Speak Out: Senate Kills Jobs Bill

Posted by blogbudsman on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 6:20 AM:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/80787-reid-overrules-baucus-chops-jobs-bill

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is rewriting a jobs bill after Democrats complained of too many concessions to Republicans.

Replies (14)

• After next November Harry Reid will be irrelevant and back in the Spotlight, (NV) again.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 6:29 AM
  • Reid rejects bipartisan jobs bill endorsed by White House

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Thursday scrapped a bipartisan jobs bill unveiled hours earlier that had been endorsed by the White House, in a jarring miscommunication between the Obama administration and Democratic congressional leaders.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/statement-press-secretary-release-dra...

I'm melting, melting. Ohhhhh, what a world, what a world. Who would have thought that some little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness. ...

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/moviespeechthewizardofozwitchmelt....

Funny, Pelosi and Reid are the Wicked Witch personified...

Palin and tea party Americans are Dorothy...

Who will be the new Wizard?? - 1/20/2013

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 7:47 AM
  • How about Rush Limbaugh?

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 7:53 AM
  • I think we need another blizzard in D.C. Can anyone cite any federal government increase in laws that have resulted in more private sector jobs that did not cost more in federal spending than the payroll of those jobs added?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 8:15 AM
  • Why is this a "bad thing". I thought that Republicans were all about fiscal responsibility these days.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 8:36 AM
  • It's not bad. It's incredible. The bill was horrible, just like most of other legislation they've forced through. One small step for mankind.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 10:44 AM
  • This Senate is doomed to go down in history as the clowns that couldn't shoot straight.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 5:30 PM
  • the fewer bills they pass the better, unless they were going to pass a bill negating some other stupid bills, which is highly unlikely, since there are no lobbyist supporting reason.

-- Posted by Larryb52 on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 7:34 PM
  • If we are going to compare politicians to characters from the Wizard of Oz, I think that Congress resembles the creepy blue flying monkeys. Ben Bernanke is the wizard. Bush-bomb-a is the mayor of Munchkinland, Tim Geithner is the coroner. Dorothy represents the voter: stuck in Oz but always looking for something else. Palin is the voters' dog - Toto.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sat, Feb 13, 2010, at 7:42 AM
  • Blogbudsman, it doesn't suprise me that the tea baggers like to dress up as Dorothy.

-- Posted by sateva on Fri, Feb 12, 2010, at 7:40 PM

So you and your friend like to dress up?

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 6:14 AM
  • Well, I'll take a shot at answering Ike. I don't like any of the bills either passed or pending because they are all Democrat creations. Did I read any of them. No, I didn't and don't intend to. They didn't read them. Why should I?

Point of order, the question was bills. Bills may be introduced but need a vote to pass or reject.

Ike did not ask about any laws which require passage by both houses and signed by the POTUS. Anyway, don't think I care much for them either for the same reasons given.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 12:16 PM
  • Drudge had a story up last night that confirmed the intentions of using executive power to get it done. It will be hard for the opposition to buck since presidents of both parties have history of using executive authority to get around congress. The advisors around Obama have stated there tactics a little here and a little there. It will be a bit more dishonest and less transparent than previous administrations, but as I say, the game plan has been played before Obama got there.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 1:27 PM
  • Reality is the proposed bill will not create meaningful, long term jobs. Employers add staff because demand for the product or service the employer has increased. Not because of "tax credits". That is simple economics of business. If the Obama administration had any private sector business experience, they would understand that. But they don't. That is the problem.

-- Posted by jadip4me on Mon, Feb 15, 2010, at 9:57 AM
  • @ Not Me:

"How come Ike never answers but is whining if someone else doesn't?"

"The Pres and the Republicans were going to go with it but the whining Democrats didn't want to give any republican concessions. Harry Reid is such a loser and a crybaby like most other Democrats."

You never actually bring new ideas to the discussions, just the continual statements of disapproval and partisan name calling. From my experience your entire repertoire consists of attacking other forum posters while bringing nothing insightful or factual to the forums. At least some of the other forum posters try to hold an intelligent debate instead of resorting to name calling.

-- Posted by SmokeRing on Mon, Feb 15, 2010, at 10:41 AM

Respond to this thread